Official Gus on Twitter

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ex Players that have a beef ha ha who cares , maybe they have the shits because there not involved, Phil Gould is the shrewdest person ,I'm glad his at the dogs,my problem is Fittler
Special D.!! What coach are we really “having a crack at” bud ?? :tearsofjoy:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I had an unexpected chat with an ex-Bulldog premiership player through the week and what he told me was very interesting.

One point was that many ex players were very disappointed that Gus didn't show up at the ex player gathering prior to the Belmore game nor was he at the game I believe.

Let's just say that they are all watching Gus's next moves very closely and even though it's natural that not all ex players to see eye to eye or to like each other, many of them are convinced that Gus is not really one of them - or as he said "Not One Of Us".

Regarding his current position with us, the only one who can prove that he is the right man for this job is Gus & I hope to God he comes up with the goods.

(Don't ask me which ex player I spoke to because I will not give them up.)
Interesting. I do recall Gus stating he was sick recently, so that could be a reason why he wasn't present. However his sickness has not affected his channel 9 / media commitments either.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I disagree with the fact Haslers heart was never in the job. He made 2 GF . Yes he fucked the cap but he rolled the dice and backloaded contracts trying to grab a comp in the window. Had he won 1 we all wouldn't care about him fucking the cap.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Bit harsh saying his heart was never in it thou.The club fucked up letting him have total control.
True, we lost the 2012 GF due to lack of communication in defence between Reynolds and Inu, Slater has confirmed in commentary it was an area they always intended to expose. Haslers inability to see this issue and also react to Melbourne's up and in defence were killers. How we all wish it could have been different.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus missed the 2nd last episode of talking league on nein..replaced by slater. Not sure if that coincided with anything.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I reckon coach will be announced in August/September and I don’t think any player signings will be announced before then
But I do think the clean out will continue and I hope Thompson is next
Pretty sure the clean out will continue no matter who or when the coach is announced.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing in what I said above is me knocking Jimmy, he's a great guy, tough but fair and makes a great assistant coach.
Agree. Had the chance at the Dogs and Sharks and didn’t get either job. I remember when he was appointed Haslers’ assistant and when asked how he felt he said ‘Mate I’m just a printer so I’m stoked’. So that pretty much falls into line with what you’re saying. Nice bloke, was a great Bulldog (despite being one of the filthy four, we forgave him like we did Pay), but he’s not a head coach in the modern game.