Official Gus on Twitter

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
for the love of god i hope you dont have any children Dave.... if not keep it that way

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's see how it unfolds clown, Josh kerr, Klemmer, and Brad Fittler, if you think names in the past I've mentioned haven't been spoken too your dreaming, Phil or any recruiter would talk to 20 to 30 players, it doesn't mean they land them

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an unexpected chat with an ex-Bulldog premiership player through the week and what he told me was very interesting.

One point was that many ex players were very disappointed that Gus didn't show up at the ex player gathering prior to the Belmore game nor was he at the game I believe.

Let's just say that they are all watching Gus's next moves very closely and even though it's natural that not all ex players to see eye to eye or to like each other, many of them are convinced that Gus is not really one of them - or as he said "Not One Of Us".

Regarding his current position with us, the only one who can prove that he is the right man for this job is Gus & I hope to God he comes up with the goods.

(Don't ask me which ex player I spoke to because I will not give them up.)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I had an unexpected chat with an ex-Bulldog premiership player through the week and what he told me was very interesting.

One point was that many ex players were very disappointed that Gus didn't show up at the ex player gathering prior to the Belmore game nor was he at the game I believe.

Let's just say that they are all watching Gus's next moves very closely and even though it's natural that not all ex players to see eye to eye or to like each other, many of them are convinced that Gus is not really one of them - or as he said "Not One Of Us".

Regarding his current position with us, the only one who can prove that he is the right man for this job is Gus & I hope to God he comes up with the goods.

You do realise that Gould was as sick as dog with the heavy duty flu that even grounded a few players, that are much younger and fitter than he is.

Always a Bulldog

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Pretty sure Gus had that shit strain of Influenza and possibly had pneumonia

Regardless, Gus has the benefit of the doubt, but if he employs Fittler, mark my words, it will not go down good with the members

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see how it unfolds clown, Josh kerr, Klemmer, and Brad Fittler, if you think names in the past I've mentioned haven't been spoken too your dreaming, Phil or any recruiter would talk to 20 to 30 players, it doesn't mean they land them
Keep shooting Dave, you'll get it right one day.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise that Gould was as sick as dog with the heavy duty flu that even grounded a few players, that are much younger and fitter than he is.

Always a Bulldog
It was explained to me that their concerns were ingrained a long long long time before his return to the club.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

All I want to know is how many GFs they played in.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Was it Nasheed El Masri?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Psycho Doggie, you know I can't.
And I hope that shows you that you can tell me anything in confidence.
No problem. My main question is around when an ex-player talks about whether someone is "one of us", there is a big difference between say, for example, David Gillespie and Shane Marteene. GF players, and better yet premiership winning players, have earned some right to talk in that way.