Official Gus on Twitter

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mahoney not known for that tho. Mahoney effectiveness comes from service from dummy half getting forwards on a roll on, play making ability and his kicking game. He’s an extra half pretty much.
Thats how i see him, Burton is going to love having him in our spine next year.

Speaking of our spine, with those two I would go for a solid HB and a heavy duty FB IMO

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thats how i see him, Burton is going to love having him in our spine next year.

Speaking of our spine, with those two I would go for a solid HB and a heavy duty FB IMO
S. Crichton, Walsh, Cobbo and Latrell only heavy duty fullbacks on the market (we'll have to pay big money for all of them). Cobbo very inexperienced, freak tho. Hard to see Latrell leaving Rabbit and Walsh not going to QLD (same as Cobbo). I'd take the risk with Crichton personally who will also be the easiest out of that list to get. Drinkwater could be a good budget option depending on what Cowboys do with him (they should keep him fullback imo). Half looking like no options currently besides Munster. More contracted players will pop up but not a lot on the market at this stage. I think if we manage our salary cap wisely we can buy 2 marquee players at 1 and 7.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Phils banned me, me old golfing mate, you'll be surprised with his answer if you hit him up with this question, ask him about a signing coming to the club this yr, maybe a loan deal or a player swap deal
Also what happened to the Fijian U20s Rugby 7s player Gus brought to the Dogs a couple of weeks ago?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone see the savage tweet with Phil Gould ?

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phils banned me, me old golfing mate, you'll be surprised with his answer if you hit him up with this question, ask him about a signing coming to the club this yr, maybe a loan deal or a player swap deal
damn. That's because you probably beat him in the last 3 games. Gus must be a sore loser

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
S. Crichton, Walsh, Cobbo and Latrell only heavy duty fullbacks on the market (we'll have to pay big money for all of them). Cobbo very inexperienced, freak tho. Hard to see Latrell leaving Rabbit and Walsh not going to QLD (same as Cobbo). I'd take the risk with Crichton personally who will also be the easiest out of that list to get. Drinkwater could be a good budget option depending on what Cowboys do with him (they should keep him fullback imo). Half looking like no options currently besides Munster. More contracted players will pop up but not a lot on the market at this stage. I think if we manage our salary cap wisely we can buy 2 marquee players at 1 and 7.
I watched lots of Wynumn Manly games last year. Cobbo at Fullback was so amazing. he is such a game breaker. You think he can do stuff from the wing. Wait till you see him roaming through the middle.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Mahoney not known for that tho. Mahoney effectiveness comes from service from dummy half getting forwards on a roll on, play making ability and his kicking game. He’s an extra half pretty much.
Which means we don't really need a ball playing lock then. You just want some who can do a little of that, but it doesn't have to be their main game.