Official Gus on Twitter

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am a great believer in defense but we are becoming very desperate in attack, scoring more tries builds confidence even if we loose a high scoring game.
I agree with you again my point is Cook hasn’t shown any evidence he is what we need. That’s the issue. It’s a bit of a leap of faith and we aren’t guaranteed to be any better off. But in saying that there will almost certainly be some changes come team list Tuesday so strap yourself in!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you again my point is Cook hasn’t shown any evidence he is what we need. That’s the issue. It’s a bit of a leap of faith and we aren’t guaranteed to be any better off. But in saying that there will almost certainly be some changes come team list Tuesday so strap yourself in!
I agree on Cook or anyone else, it is a leap of faith that we are left with.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus must know what the problems are...
Mistakes are made as a result of the extreme pressure the players are under, not saying every mistake.
IT ALL STARTS FROM THE HOOKER and HALFBACK
JMK defends well has some good darts but suffers from slow and misdirected service from dummy-half.
Flanagan defends well passes average but doesn't run and rarely kicks.
The two never ask questions from the opposition's defense as a result we have a well marked and misfiring attack ridden with mistakes.
The solution could've just been introduced to the roster Dockar-Clay maybe at 9, preserver with Flanagan for one more game if not then BBO at 7, JMK occupies the 14 jersey.
What have we got to loose ???
You got one O in loose to lose!

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apologies..Howie, not Bud. I don’t have a beef with you, we are sharing the same angst. Yes I do think it will make a massive difference.

It won’t fix everything but it will be a huge leap in the right direction because this bloke is a massive mistake. Offer him a role in player scouting or something but get him the hell away from coaching the side. Totally clueless.

You cannot fix any problem unless you are willing to recognise it is one. Who cares if Gould backed him publicly, he is not God and everyone makes mistakes.

You are right, we have been a shambles for way to long, time to stop the rot.
Agree With you here. He is starting to affect peoples lives now. Destroying careers (coaching staff and maybe players too) and distressing a lot of fans.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus thinks by saying nothing it will just go away, it won’t. John Khoury hasn’t said a word, the supporters are being told nothing. Gus got rid of Griffin at Penrith when they were running fourth, Barrett has a terrible coaching record and he’s still got a job. A lot of the players should be shown the door especially Duffty, Naden, Okunbor, Flanagan, Waddell, TPJ, JMK, and if Burton is not happy let him go. Thompson is not used properly and doesn’t look happy, so he may leave and Jackson should retire, but not likely as he is on big money next year. I won’t be renewing my membership next year if this crap continues.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree on Cook or anyone else, it is a leap of faith that we are left with.
Buying other club's cast off's is always a risk. Particularly if said player has been at 2 or 3 clubs before joining us. Usually that means the player is not a first grader.

I would much rather give a junior out of our system an opportunity, than signing reserve graders from other clubs.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
depressing FFS bring in the cup side, this is psychologically distressing, I've tried stay upbeat about Tbaz. At some stage Gus has to ask is this actually supporting Baz or facilitating his own destruction. If it keeps getting worse from here the guy is destroyed..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Buying other club's cast off's is always a risk. Particularly if said player has been at 2 or 3 clubs before joining us. Usually that means the player is not a first grader.

I would much rather give a junior out of our system an opportunity, than signing reserve graders from other clubs.
It all comes back to the most corrupt rule in the NRL's salary cap.
Clubs must spent 95% of the salary cap on treasure or trash, making it harder for the weaker teams to rebuild and stronger teams to stay stronger...
This is why the corrupt News Corp works tirelessly on disrupting our rebuild.
Don't believe that the salary cap is fair or balancing the playing field !!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It all comes back to the most corrupt rule in the NRL's salary cap.
Clubs must spent 95% of the salary cap on treasure or trash, making it harder for the weaker teams to rebuild and stronger teams to stay stronger...
This is why the corrupt News Corp works tirelessly on disrupting our rebuild.
Don't believe that the salary cap is fair or balancing the playing field !!!
I've never really copped that, you promote/sign players on minimum wage and pay overs for the better/top players. We paid overs for duds time and time again, even players who should be on minimum wage. Our recruitment "models" been shit house. Yes, you can't win a comp doing this but after 3 years you're in a much better position than wooden spoon and when contracts start to run down you can renegotiate and sign players for less than what you could previously.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When your belt is too loose you lose your pants.
Sorry dogon, I thought what the heck is this bloke on, you must on something :-) that's until the misspelling was pointed out to me :grimacing: