Official Gus on Twitter

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus must know what the problems are...
Mistakes are made as a result of the extreme pressure the players are under, not saying every mistake.
IT ALL STARTS FROM THE HOOKER and HALFBACK
JMK defends well has some good darts but suffers from slow and misdirected service from dummy-half.
Flanagan defends well passes average but doesn't run and rarely kicks.
The two never ask questions from the opposition's defense as a result we have a well marked and misfiring attack ridden with mistakes.
The solution could've just been introduced to the roster Dockar-Clay maybe at 9, preserver with Flanagan for one more game if not then BBO at 7, JMK occupies the 14 jersey.
What have we got to loose ???
That’s pretty much what I’m seeing with 9 & 7 hurting us in attack. I’d expect there will be some changes starting next week. BBO is talented but fitness and defence not quite there for first grade. Definitely not 80mins anyway.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barret needs to change so much. I feel burton has way to much to do, he does everything and how does that let him find his game, Wether they are told to get burton the ball flanno’s roll is to make sure the pass gets to him. Flanno needs to take control of some of these sets. Jmk just goes short side to burton every time. Jmk is our biggest problem. He has not got a football brain clearly he looks lost. Oks lost, Thomson can’t play the ball properly. Wether we are just exhausted from defending or we are just unfit we are not up to nrl standards. Our play the ball is so slow. Dufty is definitely making more runs but they are just 4th tackle hit ups. He has too as our forwards are stuffed. Fox is throwing everything he has in those hit ups, but he gets no space as the play the ball is slow. So it’s a stand start run. only tjp has an offload so if he’s off that’s it, no one els has one. We made meters when king starts as he runs hard. So start him, drop Thomson. Bbo maybe should start and bring in jmk that can defend once we have a stand in the game. Jacob in for naden he’s gone. Hopefully Allen in soon for oks, he doesn’t give a shit, if he gets let go I’d say he’d retire. Rfm in for Jackson if fit and tpj to lock and just give him directions. Waddell can go, please, yes he try’s but Fark his mistakes cost us so much and he hasn’t got a pass. Other than that, coaching staff need to go. It’s not up to scratch. Say bye to waddle, oks, jmk, Thomson, Jackson, flanno, naden, avo, dufty, and find some grit, some big grinding players
Madden, farnworth, Wallace, matterson, Crichton, wishful thinking, but if Barret gets to pick the team every week and he’s won 4 games, that’s all the information you need Gus. Fark

Last edited:

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barret needs to change so much. I feel burton has way to much to do, he does everything and how does that let him find his game, Wether they are told to get burton the ball flanno’s roll is to make sure the pass gets to him. Flanno needs to take control of some of these sets. Jmk just goes short side to burton every time. Jmk is our biggest problem. He has not got a football brain clearly he looks lost. Oks lost, Thomson can’t play the ball properly. Wether we are just exhausted from defending or we are just unfit we are not up to nrl standards. Our play the ball is so slow. Dufty is definitely making more runs but they are just 4th tackle hit ups. He has too as our forwards are stuffed. Fox is throwing everything he has in those hit ups, but he gets no space as the play the ball is slow. So it’s a stand start run. only tjp has an offload so if he’s off that’s it, no one els has one. We made meters when king starts as he runs hard. So start him, drop Thomson. Bbo maybe should start and bring in jmk that can defend once we have a stand in the game. Jacob in for naden he’s gone. Hopefully Allen in soon for oks, he doesn’t give a shit, if he gets let go I’d say he’d retire. Rfm in for Jackson if fit and tpj to lock and just give him directions. Waddell can go, please, yes he try’s but Fark his mistakes cost us so much and he hasn’t got a pass. Other than that, coaching staff need to go. It’s not up to scratch. Say bye to waddle, oks, jmk, Thomson, Jackson, flanno, naden, avo, dufty, and find some grit, some big grinding players
Madden, farnworth, Wallace, matterson, Crichton, wishful thinking, but if Barret gets to pick the team every week and he’s won 4 games, that’s all the information you need Gus. Fark
I've said it many times on TK that putting 102 kg Thomson as a prop against 110kg+ opposition is stupidity. He should be in the 2nd row with his leg speed and footwork and put 117kg TPJ in the front row. 110 kg Ava and King should always be in the 17 to rotate with TPJ and Vaughan and with King's offload ability post contact he is versatile enough to be used elsewhere in the forwards.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it many times on TK that putting 102 kg Thomson as a prop against 110kg+ opposition is stupidity. He should be in the 2nd row with his leg speed and footwork and put 117kg TPJ in the front row. 110 kg Ava and King should always be in the 17 to rotate with TPJ and Vaughan and with King's offload ability post contact he is versatile enough to be used elsewhere in the forwards.
Mate he would get torn apart on the edge in defence. Also back rowers need to run decoys and have the hands to catch short passes. The elite ones like Kikau can also catch and pass. The fact that Thompson has good leg speed doesn’t mean he will make a good backrower.

Unfortunately just a dud signing. His best game was his first game 2 years ago. Just regressed since then. The fact that he has been shopped around and we haven’t received a decent offer says it all

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mate he would get torn apart on the edge in defence. Also back rowers need to run decoys and have the hands to catch short passes. The elite ones like Kikau can also catch and pass. The fact that Thompson has good leg speed doesn’t mean he will make a good backrower.

Unfortunately just a dud signing. His best game was his first game 2 years ago. Just regressed since then. The fact that he has been shopped around and we haven’t received a decent offer says it all
Yeh agree. His defence is shit.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No
Gus must know what the problems are...
Mistakes are made as a result of the extreme pressure the players are under, not saying every mistake.
IT ALL STARTS FROM THE HOOKER and HALFBACK
JMK defends well has some good darts but suffers from slow and misdirected service from dummy-half.
Flanagan defends well passes average but doesn't run and rarely kicks.
The two never ask questions from the opposition's defense as a result we have a well marked and misfiring attack ridden with mistakes.
The solution could've just been introduced to the roster Dockar-Clay maybe at 9, preserver with Flanagan for one more game if not then BBO at 7, JMK occupies the 14 jersey.
What have we got to loose ???
Not a bad suggestion regarding Docker-Clay but I would have Wakeham at halfback.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s pretty much what I’m seeing with 9 & 7 hurting us in attack. I’d expect there will be some changes starting next week. BBO is talented but fitness and defence not quite there for first grade. Definitely not 80mins anyway.
Every man and his dog knows JMK isn't a hooker, Cook then Mahoney were signed for that reason,
TBaz should have been brave and daring to try others at hooker...It's not too late !

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Going off the comments Gus will be blocking more people, he really needs to get off twitter/replying to questions because he's not doing himself or the club any favours.
Gus knows what he's doing with his ulterior motives.

Telling us we knows Knights were stronger and wanted it more. When the GM Football says that you know there's consequences.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Every man and his dog knows JMK isn't a hooker, Cook then Mahoney were signed for that reason,
TBaz should have been brave and daring to try others at hooker...It's not too late !
No argument there but Cook has been underwhelming and BBO isn’t ready for extended minutes in first grade. It’s a shit sandwich right now.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No argument there but Cook has been underwhelming and BBO isn’t ready for extended minutes in first grade. It’s a shit sandwich right now.
How is it that other sides can debut and run young guys in the spine for the whole game but we don’t

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I disagree regarding JMK’s defence. He tackles standing totally upright, hoping someone can take out the legs, the issue is, he seems to propel the attacking player towards our tryline so the post contact metres on him are f{}cking huge.
Take a good last night and watch it again… several times numerous Knights players made a heap more metres from the moment JMK came into contact with them
Mate whether I've overrated his defense or not that isn't my point, if you are correct it only support my call to replace him,
I have said this before ' his bad service from dummy paralysis our attack !

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it that other sides can debut and run young guys in the spine for the whole game but we don’t
I’m not sure who you are referring to specifically but it defiantly helps if you have experience around the young guys debuting. We haven’t had stability years.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the problem is that we are trying to implement a style of play without having the right types of players in key positions, and this has to be what the club agreed to from the top down. There are a few here on the kennel who have raised this previously, so nothing new. If we wanted to win games this year, then we would have to implement a style that suits the player we currently have. Pros and Cons: If we did the latter we would have to start from scratch next year, if we don't, well its there for all to see (Wooden Spoon).

The coach however, can only do so much, he can't teach individuals the basics, you learn these in the junior leagues, catch, pass and hold the ball. I was really worried until Gus came on board, and I know he will implement changes that will take this club to the top and keep us there. What still worries me is that Barret has recruited some of these imposters, and hopefully he is not involved so much in recruitment moving forward.
Thi is what i have thought since last year. Its the only saving grace i had for Baz. Sadly, im now not convinced its the case. I think baz in just a terrible coach.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smart interchanges could solve the problem.