Official Gus on Twitter

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep I don’t think clauses like that are around at all now. If ever a player signed a contract with a coach clause it would have been Foran
Nathan Cleary 100% has one in his new contract. They still exist.

Malla

Reaction score
I do agree in a sense with Gus about it being self inflicted. How often do we see it, a simple mistake, the compound it with a penalty or six again given away. Happens every fucking week. But that’s where the problem lies. What has the coach done to fix that problem? Has he not ripped them apart in the video session? Maybe make up a fine system within the club for penalties incrued and errors made. Make it a monetary fine. Something that holds the players accountable.
You are right but fact of the matter is the team does not play for Baz. His voice doesn’t resonate and he’s lost the dressing room. Could argue he never had it to begin with. They went in to half time looking like they were going to win, came out second half looking like mud so whatever Barrett said at half time did the trick.
Just the way it is sometimes. Team has no confidence in his game plan, he doesn’t get the best out of the guys nor do they want to play for him.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fk if he blocked that then he must spend hours a day blocking people because that was mild
Yea I was pretty shocked. I went out of my way to not be harsh or rude.

Only thing I can hope for is he blocked me because that’s exactly what he is doing this week and didn’t want Twitter comments making it look like it was from fan pressure. Otherwise he has just fully lost the plot and turned his back on the fans. He would’ve blocked hundreds last night.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm alone here with the frustration I'm feeling towards Gus recently, IDGAF about his opinion on other clubs especially when we are spooners.
Typo surely? You are definitely not alone!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus must know what the problems are...
Mistakes are made as a result of the extreme pressure the players are under, not saying every mistake.
IT ALL STARTS FROM THE HOOKER and HALFBACK
JMK defends well has some good darts but suffers from slow and misdirected service from dummy-half.
Flanagan defends well passes average but doesn't run and rarely kicks.
The two never ask questions from the opposition's defense as a result we have a well marked and misfiring attack ridden with mistakes.
The solution could've just been introduced to the roster Dockar-Clay maybe at 9, preserver with Flanagan for one more game if not then BBO at 7, JMK occupies the 14 jersey.
What have we got to lose ???

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get both Rajab and Howard playing in Reggie's asap and see how they go in open age footy.might provide some answers.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He doesn't have to publicly shame them.
Just drop them and announce that the standard was not up to scratch. Shows strength rather than weakness.
He doesn't need to announce it. It's there for all and sundry to see. He's not a stupid man.

And besides, by not focusing on the bad performances is just a way to keep up appearances.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the problem is that we are trying to implement a style of play without having the right types of players in key positions, and this has to be what the club agreed to from the top down. There are a few here on the kennel who have raised this previously, so nothing new. If we wanted to win games this year, then we would have to implement a style that suits the player we currently have. Pros and Cons: If we did the latter we would have to start from scratch next year, if we don't, well its there for all to see (Wooden Spoon).

The coach however, can only do so much, he can't teach individuals the basics, you learn these in the junior leagues, catch, pass and hold the ball. I was really worried until Gus came on board, and I know he will implement changes that will take this club to the top and keep us there. What still worries me is that Barret has recruited some of these imposters, and hopefully he is not involved so much in recruitment moving forward.
correct umundo. All good points.

A perfect example of lack of basics was last night with Waddell When he went off with the head knock it was pretty much his own fault. When you make a front on tackle, your head goes to one side of the tackled player’s body near the hips. Waddell’s head went straight into midriff and as such he got a head knock. That sort of basic error is schoolboy stuff.

Currently we have a lot of players who I don’t know if they are dumb or dumber.

Cleaning them out of the roster short term will be the problem With some of them still having at least a year to run on their contracts.

Should we bite the bullet, have another year of Salary Cap pain and potentially another spoon, and get ourselves ready for 2024, or just wait until contracts of all the dud players (and there are plenty), to expire?

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mistakes are made as a result of the extreme pressure the players are under, not saying every mistake.
JMK defends well has some good darts but suffers from slow and misdirected service from dummy-half.
The two never ask questions from the opposition's defense as a result we have a well marked and misfiring attack ridden with mistakes.
The solution could've just been introduced to the roster Dockar-Clay maybe at 9, preserver with Flanagan for one more game if not then BBO at 7, JMK occupies the 14 jersey.
What have we got to loose ???
Sorry, I disagree regarding JMK’s defence. He tackles standing totally upright, hoping someone can take out the legs, the issue is, he seems to propel the attacking player towards our tryline so the post contact metres on him are f{}cking huge.
Take a good last night and watch it again… several times numerous Knights players made a heap more metres from the moment JMK came into contact with them

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@AdzBulldogz Where the fuck are ya, you dumb ****. Called me the most retarted person on this app for saying gus was overrated and that people should know he fuckes up regularly now look at this thread. Who’s the retard now??? DICKHEAD.
Might want to learn how to spell retarted before calling someone else a DICKHEAD

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What have we got to loose ???
When your belt is too loose you lose your pants.