Official Gus on Twitter

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
salary cap still tight for next 2 years?!?.. Lol what a joke..
So it will be very interesting after "22 when Vaughan and Dufty come off contract and wanting an upgrade if we want to keep them.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So it will be very interesting after "22 when Vaughan and Dufty come off contract and wanting an upgrade if we want to keep them.
Hey, I've got a great idea - why don't we give them a low wage in 2023 & back end the rest? What could possibly go wrong?

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe we have filled our roster for next season this early, why would you

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Could this be because we have already signed someone else for 22 but can’t announce until after season over?
Could be because Gus just talks shit in general. Elliott could get sacked, a few other players moved on and Gus will just claim "things change in rugby league" lol.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well there were two 'incidents' alone just in yesterdays game.
Annesley had the farkin hide to say in his week's "Excuses for the Referees" briefing that the referee didn't make a mistake by placing a player on report for an accidental hair pull that according to the MRP should not have been reported.

FMD Annesley, you plainly don't understand the implications of a penalty being awarded, which the MRP found was sufficient, and placing a player on report, which the MRP found was not necessary. For a starter it gives the opposition a free replacement, that they then gain a further advantage from by exploiting the hell out of it in a way that it was not intended to be exploited. Secondly it gives the ref an excuse to pick on the player constantly for the rest of the game and remind them they they are already on report. Annesley needs to think about the implications of the error, not just the error itself.

I'm not even going to bother with the TT no try bullshit, a great example of finding a way, some way, any way, to excuse an obvious inconsistency when compared to other frequent rulings. Like the Bunker is a mind reader knowing what TT was thinking at the time, ridiculous.

Always a Bulldog

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Annesley had the farkin hide to say in his week's "Excuses for the Referees" briefing that the referee didn't make a mistake by placing a player on report for an accidental hair pull that according to the MRP should not have been reported.

FMD Annesley, you plainly don't understand the implications of a penalty being awarded, which the MRP found was sufficient, and placing a player on report, which the MRP found was not necessary. For a starter it gives the opposition a free replacement, that they then gain a further advantage from by exploiting the hell out of it in a way that it was not intended to be exploited. Secondly it gives the ref an excuse to pick on the player constantly for the rest of the game and remind them they they are already on report. Annesley needs to think about the implications of the error, not just the error itself.

I'm not even going to bother with the TT no try bullshit, a great example of finding a way, some way, any way, to excuse an obvious inconsistency when compared to other frequent rulings. Like the Bunker is a mind reader knowing what TT was thinking at the time, ridiculous.

Always a Bulldog
This is why Annesley has to go, as discussed in another thread, he was clear about it being fine when Munster first pulled the "on report = free interchange" stunt, which goes entirely against the spirit of that law. Given he went that way at the time, he now is stuck defending the indefensible.

He has to either recant and change the direction on this whole thing, and risk getting fired as a result, or quit.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I didn't see it. What was the justification for the turbo try?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't see it. What was the justification for the turbo try?
Apparently the bunker somehow magically knew that TT was deliberately transferring the ball from his right hand to his left hand by rolling it down his torso with his fingers. Of course he didn't lose control, he did it deliberately, it was always in his control, one finger at a time.

Well, we all know the precedent now when a lose carry is called against us, "no way ref, it was deliberate, my one finger had full control of the ball, just like TT".

Always a Bulldog

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’m concerned Gus will be more problematic than helpful. I’m bias; I think he’s the epitome of egotistical and is dining out on past success. I pity Barrett and any future coaches who have to work “with” him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone filling Gus defending Latrell on twitter? My god it's laughable. "Latrell was confused when Manu approached him" wtf :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: