Official Gus on Twitter

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This situation is so bad for the NRL.. a young player has been concussed 2 games in a row by ful play yet there have been no disciplinary actions at the time of offence. GREAT WHS MESSAGE.
Its mind boggling. We have the bunker, we have independent doctors who make the call on HIA during the game... but still can't make a decision in real time? The independent doctor can call out when a player is concussed, so he should be able to identify the root cause of the concussion, and then they should be able to punish the culprit. This is where the game is failing. So technically if Suaallii is getting 3 weeks, he should have been sin binned for the offence. Also important to note he ended up scoring the winning try for Roosters and he kicked the goals to get them the lead.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its mind boggling. We have the bunker, we have independent doctors who make the call on HIA during the game... but still can't make a decision in real time? The independent doctor can call out when a player is concussed, so he should be able to identify the root cause of the concussion, and then they should be able to punish the culprit. This is where the game is failing. So technically if Suaallii is getting 3 weeks, he should have been sin binned for the offence. Also important to note he ended up scoring the winning try for Roosters and he kicked the goals to get them the lead.
Its not the doctors job mate to do that. Alot of concussions dont end up with charges.

I agree that the bunker should have picked it up. Like I said yesterday the doctor must be looking at the bunker official and thinking "What is this guy smoking ??". I am not even sure if they sit near each other though or what the set up is.

Annesley hasnt mentioned either incident in his reviews so obviously he doesnt think they have done anything wrong. Thats why the game is doomed. The head of the referees is an absolute muppet

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not the doctors job mate to do that. Alot of concussions dont end up with charges.

I agree that the bunker should have picked it up. Like I said yesterday the doctor must be looking at the bunker official and thinking "What is this guy smoking ??". I am not even sure if they sit near each other though or what the set up is.

Annesley hasnt mentioned either incident in his reviews so obviously he doesnt think they have done anything wrong. Thats why the game is doomed. The head of the referees is an absolute muppet
The doctor's job is to identify the concussion, is it not? If the doctor can identify the concussion then he should be able to find the cause. Not rocket science. I am also at a loss as to what happens in the review process - feels like its 2 or 3 different people and processes running alongside each other.

Agree on Annesley. He was a good referee in the 90s, however clearly the game and the rules have passed him. He's effectively a politician by trade, hence why we get such blaze comments to the press on Monday about rules and reviews. They desperately need to step away from him, or to be fair he needs to be dead set about how he fits in and move on from this position because he is doing more harm than good.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The doctor's job is to identify the concussion, is it not? If the doctor can identify the concussion then he should be able to find the cause. Not rocket science. I am also at a loss as to what happens in the review process - feels like its 2 or 3 different people and processes running alongside each other.

Agree on Annesley. He was a good referee in the 90s, however clearly the game and the rules have passed him. He's effectively a politician by trade, hence why we get such blaze comments to the press on Monday about rules and reviews. They desperately need to step away from him, or to be fair he needs to be dead set about how he fits in and move on from this position because he is doing more harm than good.
The doctor is not aware of the NRL rules mate. He cant be judging whether or not it was foul play. He can certainly tip the bunker about the head knock and then its their job to judge if it was foul play.

The last 2 weeks they have obviously missed it. They actually miss quiet a few that result in charges

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The doctor is not aware of the NRL rules mate. He cant be judging whether or not it was foul play. He can certainly tip the bunker about the head knock and then its their job to judge if it was foul play.

The last 2 weeks they have obviously missed it. They actually miss quiet a few that result in charges
I’m not saying he needs to. I am saying the doctor and an NRL representative need to be working together.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This whole situation is odd. Same response was given weeks ago when asked.
same as the concussion issue last year - mystery - either one of the most unlucky nrl players ever - or someting else?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Annesley addressed a million things in his weekly PR spin presser but he didn't mention the Sua'ali'i incident of course..

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Annesley addressed a million things in his weekly PR spin presser but he didn't mention the Sua'ali'i incident of course..
I am certain I heard (or saw) a quote from him saying Mahoney put his head into the wrong position, or something of that nature? I may be wrong.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am certain I heard (or saw) a quote from him saying Mahoney put his head into the wrong position, or something of that nature? I may be wrong.
Haha. That wouldn't surprise me. If that's the case why is Sua'ali'i suspended? Rothfield and Annesley are making him out to be the victim, not Mahoney.

The NRL from top to bottom is a shit show. I can't believe some of these muppets still have their roles. I don't know how much more often they need to fuck things up before there are changes.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

If a player is concussed the video ref should be aware of why, or at least be asking the question/reason why. The two go hand in hand surely?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Type of injury is in a number of cases season ending and quite often recurring if come back too early. Didn’t RFM have something similar and was out for best part of two seasons. Will be a bonus if he comes back this year.
I didn't realise it was the same thing as RFM. If we use Ray as example, Thommo has probably played his last game for us then