Official Gus on Twitter

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does Gus mean no Dogs haven't signed Thomas Duffy or no I won't answer. Gus is the master of intrigue
I'd say it's no, we haven't signed him yet but that doesn't mean we aren't interested or frontrunners to sign him. If he plays well tonight, more clubs will be interested..

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Gus mean no Dogs haven't signed Thomas Duffy or no I won't answer. Gus is the master of intrigue
It means he's not going to announce anything on Twitter. He's not off contract until next year so if he doesn't get an early release we probably wont find out until next year anyway

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It means he's not going to announce anything on Twitter. He's not off contract until next year so if he doesn't get an early release we probably wont find out until next year anyway
Or it could mean no we haven't signed him and not interested! :tearsofjoy:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or it could mean no we haven't signed him and not interested! :tearsofjoy:
Not interested? If there is someone better available then great but if Gus isn't looking for a long term 7 then he isn't doing his job. We have 3/4 of our spine sorted but we need a 7.

I'm not convinced that Flanno, BBO or Hayward are the future...but what the hell do I know

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not interested? If there is someone better available then great but if Gus isn't looking for a long term 7 then he isn't doing his job. We have 3/4 of our spine sorted but we need a 7.

I'm not convinced that Flanno, BBO or Hayward are the future...but what the hell do I know
All good mate im just teasing.
Im sure we were interested but couldn't get him over the line.

Malla

Reaction score
So it doesn’t matter which coach comes in. As long as they can do the job of coaching rather than fixing up everything else that’s wrong with the club.

That all said.Gus has his coach already. He just doesn’t want to announce it yet. Keep the pressure off the next coach. It already was a bit of a circus when Barrett signed. Don’t need that again.

especially if it’s Flanagan. Imagine how many questions Kyle would get if his dad is coaching the club next year each week. Kyle just needs to concentrate on footy for the rest of the year. He can deal with those questions in the off-season.
I think this is spot on.
100% the coach is sorted and it’s probably been sorted from before Baz even left lol
I think Gus is just getting things in order this season but can you imagine the curve ball if Potter pushes for a top 8 spot? It’s a good problem to have but can you imagine the media bullshit if we end up making the 8 and new coach is announced lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this is spot on.
100% the coach is sorted and it’s probably been sorted from before Baz even left lol
I think Gus is just getting things in order this season but can you imagine the curve ball if Potter pushes for a top 8 spot? It’s a good problem to have but can you imagine the media bullshit if we end up making the 8 and new coach is announced lol
Could you imagine the kennel if potter gets us near or in the 8 this year.
Then a new coach is announced.
Then next year we lose our first 5 rounds lol

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It's quite likely to happen that way while we get the new game plan in. Depends if the NRL schedule us against all the good teams in the first 6 rounds, like they have for the last few seasons, or decides to give us a chance to find out feet.

Malla

Reaction score
Hahahaha it would be a disastor
Would only happen to us lol

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big chance as our draws go something like:
1) Melbourne away
2) Penrith away
3) NQld away
4) Broncos away
5 Manly away
etc etc

Malla

Reaction score
It's quite likely to happen that way while we get the new game plan in. Depends if the NRL schedule us against all the good teams in the first 6 rounds, like they have for the last few seasons, or decides to give us a chance to find out feet.
It's not too bad tbh..

Sharks
Bye
Rabbits
Titans
Knights

Cowboys
Warriors
Parra
Sharks
Eagles

In bold are the certain 2 points (if we keep playing the way we have been).

Others are all winnable.

There is no way we go 9 in a row to finish the season but fuck me when you look at that draw it's a good draw lol Imagine the round 26 game against Manly ends up being for a top 8 spot

We should be on 16 points and in the 8 tbh - should have beat Manly, Broncos in round 3, Knights and Raiders.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It's not too bad tbh..

Sharks
Bye
Rabbits
Titans
Knights

Cowboys
Warriors
Parra
Sharks
Eagles

In bold are the certain 2 points (if we keep playing the way we have been).

Others are all winnable.

There is no way we go 9 in a row to finish the season but fuck me when you look at that draw it's a good draw lol Imagine the round 26 game against Manly ends up being for a top 8 spot

We should be on 16 points and in the 8 tbh - should have beat Manly, Broncos in round 3, Knights and Raiders.
Was talking about next season.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What is Gus doing about resigning Matt Burton. I hope he upgrades his contract well before November. It’s so ridiculous he hasn’t got a coach yet