Official Gus on Twitter

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to stop falling for journo's bullshit, the fact is we have 10 current players off contract next year and only 2 new players signed, so how the fark can our Cap be anywhere near full. That's ignoring rumours gossip and probably more bullshit about players being told that they are unwanted even though they are contracted for next season, the fact is net 8 vacant spots is the absolute minimum.

Always a Bulldog
Hello twin turbo

Baz sacked or staying put?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whoever takes over will have it for the rest of the season. If he goes OK he may be extended.
What I'd do with knowing the full internals of the board/club Is I'd have DTT as caretaker and have a 1 year contract based on performances and more importantly, if he successfully can help transform reserves into solid FG'ers.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hello twin turbo
Baz sacked or staying put?
I have zero inside info on this one, my guess (and it is only a guess) is that the Board will go with whatever Gould recommends.

That aside, from what I have seen there is no issue with SFlanagan working with Gould, they do catch up regularly as they live not far from each other. Any risk of KFlanagan getting preferential treatment from SFlanagan is nonsense, he really wants another NRL Head Coaching gig and he's not going to risk it for some misplaced nepotism.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have zero inside info on this one, my guess (and it is only a guess) is that the Board will go with whatever Gould recommends.

That aside, from what I have seen there is no issue with SFlanagan working with Gould, they do catch up regularly as they live not far from each other. Any risk of KFlanagan getting preferential treatment from SFlanagan is nonsense, he really wants another NRL Head Coaching gig and he's not going to risk it for some misplaced nepotism.

Always a Bulldog
Any info before the meeting is all bullshit or guesses. 1 month after Gus joining he has plugged up 95% of the leaks.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mentioned on here before Trent had 4 rounds, mentioned before a coach was being spoken too, and mentioned before a prominent assistant will be by his side, Gus doesn't want to babysit anymore

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mentioned on here before Trent had 4 rounds, mentioned before a coach was being spoken too, and mentioned before a prominent assistant will be by his side, Gus doesn't want to babysit anymore
Can’t remember who you said. Who are these appointments going to be ? Sir dave !

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to stop falling for journo's bullshit, the fact is we have 10 current players off contract next year and only 2 new players signed, so how the fark can our Cap be anywhere near full. That's ignoring rumours, gossip and probably more bullshit about players being told that they are unwanted even though they are contracted for next season, the fact is net 8 vacant spots is the absolute minimum.

Always a Bulldog
Sorry mate. Inexplicably I forgot that you know everything.

My comment that I believed our cap was nearly full for next year was based on comments made by Gus, not the media

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry, I disagree regarding JMK’s defence. He tackles standing totally upright, hoping someone can take out the legs, the issue is, he seems to propel the attacking player towards our tryline so the post contact metres on him are f{}cking huge.
Take a good last night and watch it again… several times numerous Knights players made a heap more metres from the moment JMK came into contact with them
Damien Cook defends the same way, whenever a big forward could get at C. Smith as first contact, he defended the same way, though in the latter half of his career he perfected the 3rd man in last man out technique. The small defender in the middle is usually going to give away pcm.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep. If the Dogs want to go down the Flanagan route, they need to ensure that they have some gates around how he manages the squad as a whole.
I think we won’t get flano senior simply coz he works for news limited,they been smashing us in the media and taking shots at Gus in saying thay think the club won’t even approach him

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we won’t get flano senior simply coz he works for news limited,they been smashing us in the media and taking shots at Gus in saying thay think the club won’t even approach him
That is easily sorted IF SFlange is being considered "if you want the coaching gig you can't work for media". That's fair, name one current coach with a media job.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mate. Inexplicably I forgot that you know everything.

My comment that I believed our cap was nearly full for next year was based on comments made by Gus, not the media
Go back and read Gould's comments he was referring to this year.

Always a Bulldog

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Young Zac has been around the traps and continues to strive to live a dream and play first grade , I hope he gets a shot