Official Gus on Twitter

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It all comes back to the most corrupt rule in the NRL's salary cap.
Clubs must spent 95% of the salary cap on treasure or trash, making it harder for the weaker teams to rebuild and stronger teams to stay stronger...
This is why the corrupt News Corp works tirelessly on disrupting our rebuild.
Don't believe that the salary cap is fair or balancing the playing field !!!
I've said for a while mate, that the Salary Cap does not eqaulise playing strengths. It equalises what you spend on players. In my view there has to be a better way of achieving this. However don't come up with a good idea and send it to No Real Leadership, because I can tell you from experience that they don't reply to constructive emails from knowledgeable fans.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never really copped that, you promote/sign players on minimum wage and pay overs for the better/top players. We paid overs for duds time and time again, even players who should be on minimum wage. Our recruitment "models" been shit house. Yes, you can't win a comp doing this but after 3 years you're in a much better position than wooden spoon and when contracts start to run down you can renegotiate and sign players for less than what you could previously.
We as a club must share the blame for what we are going through.
The Hasler's back-ended payments and the Anderson's clueless and questionable regime,
Too many years of terrible management !!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've said for a while mate, that the Salary Cap does not eqaulise playing strengths. It equalises what you spend on players. In my view there has to be a better way of achieving this. However don't come up with a good idea and send it to No Real Leadership, because I can tell you from experience that they don't reply to constructive emails from knowledgeable fans.
I agree with you mate
The National Rorts League is controlled by muppets who answer only to their masters Murdoch and Packer, they chop and change the game's rules to only suit their TV coverage's, even if you get a reply it won't be positive :rage:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We as a club must share the blame for what we are going through.
The Hasler's back-ended payments and the Anderson's clueless and questionable regime,
Too many years of terrible management !!!
Agree, the Thompson signing is still hurting us now, Stimmo and Ray I would assume are on decent coin. Will be interesting to see how much relief that gives us next year if we don’t resign the latter or has it already been used to secure Kiks.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, the Thompson signing is still hurting us now, Stimmo and Ray I would assume are on decent coin. Will be interesting to see how much relief that gives us next year if we don’t resign the latter or has it already been used to secure Kiks.
The way I look at our situation...If The Great Gus stays true and loyal to our cause it's not about if we will or will not get it fixed it's about when...We Stay Faithful !!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The way I look at our situation...If The Great Gus stays true and loyal to our cause it's not about if we will or will not get it fixed it's about when...We Stay Faithful !!!
More than anything I want systems in place that allow us to stay competitive long term. Any team can have an off season but an off 5-6 years is BS for our club.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't believe that the salary cap is fair or balancing the playing field !!!
It never has been. It was always a smokescreen to keep the favourable teams strong whilst pretending to promote a fair, even and healthy competition. Secret third party deals is evidence the SC is nothing but a farce.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe it will be about 800k

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus doesn't care what fans think, he has already made it clear with some comments that he doesn't think we should have an opinion and should stick to paying memberships and supporting the team.
If you tweeted this to Gus you’d be blocked and deleted. Lol

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back dib we need some of those paper bag deals