Official Gus on Twitter

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is…. Gus gets on Twitter & his podcast to comment on other clubs be it good or bad, then the minute the Bulldogs dish out absolute f{}cking trash on game day… he goes MIA with some stupid sugar coated tweet about errors/completions etc

It’s f{}cking round 10… the team is regressing, the same f{}cking plodders that make game turning mistakes keep getting selected… enough is enough!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And what happens if the new coach fails?

If you get in a new coach then he has to be afforded time to build his own side.
How long are we going to give him?
Maybe his recruits and style don’t work out again.
Then what?
New coach again?

This is my biggest fear with the Dogs at the moment.
We are in a perpetual rebuild year after year.

Although I am not saying I am happy with how the Dogs have been going, how could you be?
I am starting to think that The biggest thing we need is to stop with the chopping and changing and to remain patient with Baz and Gould.

I am happy with changing the support staff if that is what it takes.

Gould has said right from the start that this is a long process. He is working on the junior pathways setup so that we hopefully see talented juniors make the step up to first grade and we find ourselves in a situation where we have a side worth more than the $10m salary cap.
We still haven’t got that part right. We are not getting the value out of the contracts we hold with players across the top 30 squad.

That’s what it’s all about and what would really change our fortunes.
The players.
Have you in lifetime ever seen us play this bad or see that jersey be so shamed beyond recognizability? This is why Barrett and staff need to be flipped. There is just no respect for the jersey or any leadership at the club.... If the players are trying then they are trying but its not working and its not working because the game plan is RUBBISH! The squad chosen is RUBBISH!

I WOULD much rather risk another failing coach than shaming that jersey for any longer with these dickheads.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There that dumb they would probably axe the Fox blaming him for not scoring enough tries.
Its not U8s Gus, Put your big boy pants on without the nappy and do something, you are punishing the fans now, be fully aware of that Gus. Sack rhe coach today and announce new coach.
Sick of your big news tweets unless its a coach and Munster.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing is…. Gus gets on Twitter & his podcast to comment on other clubs be it good or bad, then the minute the Bulldogs dish out absolute f{}cking trash on game day… he goes MIA with some stupid sugar coated tweet about errors/completions etc

It’s f{}cking round 10… the team is regressing, the same f{}cking plodders that make game turning mistakes keep getting selected… enough is enough!!
You really are not a total fool.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's the players not the game plan. It doesnt matter what game plan you come up with the players can't get their passes out in front on the chest , Therefore all the timing is out with the lead runners etc. And thats when they can even control the ball.

Dumb dumb players cant catch cant pass

It all starts from the hooker

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have said a few times that it should be someone like Shaun Wane from England with assistants like Jim Dymock/Michael Ennis/James Graham/Willy Mason. Or at the very worst case Shane Flanagan purley becuase he was a succesful coach regardless of the issues and we need success. I dont believe we need a major overhaul of the current roster to start be competitive on a regular basis and with Mahoney and Kikua coming next year even more so.

Any appointment of Flanagan as coach I am sure Gould would be all over as far as where his son fits in and whats expected so I dont see it as a problem that Gould cant handle. Barrett is a handbrake on our rebuild and player development and has to go before any more damage is done.
Until Kyle retires, I don't want Shane coaching us.
Im open to it without the nepotism

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. not wanting to sound like a smartass but surely you are not saying lets just trust that Barrett will come good? Its not his 1st, second or even third year as a 1st grade coach, this is his 5th season and its all been rubbish and excuses. Also, since when is there a qouta on how many bad employee's you can move on? Wouldnt other potential players or staff be more concerned about a club that just sits on its hands hoping things will get better?

I didnt think initially that we would him on before years end .. but it looks like there is no other option.
Correct.
If you're fearful of making astute decisions simply because it "looks" bad, then you have bigger problems than the ones facing you.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is definitely trying to protect Barrett for some reason. Either we cannot afford to pay out or he truly delusional that he is the coach for the rebuild. With the amount of money we spent, we have not improved and stems down to the elephant in the room…

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What makes the All Blacks successful and a big reason Hansen coached team won the World Cup and every trophy in between was because he was big on Accountability and setting high Standards that are not negotiable

He’s obviously hasn’t taught Baz these tenets and it’s time to cut ties with him because what I’m seeing today is zero accountability from anyone at the club and most especially the coach and I see the set standards failed upon each week and each season since he’s been coach

I was a Baz supporter when we signed him but in hindsight I was just happy to see the back of Pay and despite knowing Baz coaching record at Manly I told myself a lie that he’s changed and he’s responsible for Panthers awesome attack and his hand picked lieutenants are more than capable (without digging around Furner record ) and also not hearing what Marley warned us about Ferris !!

The worse part is when trials mean nothing and are not a reflection on the year ahead ….it’s actually true for 15 teams bar us!

We absolutely were warned by the trial form and furthermore we actually looked better in the trials than season proper including the games we won

Go figure

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to say but there is no chance Baz gets the arse before the end of the season.
Im only speculating here but I wouldn't be surprised if Kikau and Mahoney contracts are based on Baz being coach when they start their tenure here.

So you could be right. He night have to be here till afew rounds next year....

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What makes the All Blacks successful and a big reason Hansen coached team won the World Cup and every trophy in between was because he was big on Accountability and setting high Standards that are not negotiable

He’s obviously hasn’t taught Baz these tenets and it’s time to cut ties with him because what I’m seeing today is zero accountability from anyone at the club and most especially the coach and I see the set standards failed upon each week and each season since he’s been coach

I was a Baz supporter when we signed him but in hindsight I was just happy to see the back of Pay and despite knowing Baz coaching record at Manly I told myself a lie that he’s changed and he’s responsible for Panthers awesome attack and his hand picked lieutenants are more than capable (without digging around Furner record ) and also not hearing what Marley warned us about Ferris !!

The worse part is when trials mean nothing and are not a reflection on the year ahead ….it’s actually true for 15 teams bar us!

We absolutely were warned by the trial form and furthermore we actually looked better in the trials than season proper including the games we won

Go figure
100%.
The issue I have is T Ballz whinged last night about the drop balls, poor execution etc… but we’ll continue to pick these flops.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do agree in a sense with Gus about it being self inflicted. How often do we see it, a simple mistake, the compound it with a penalty or six again given away. Happens every fucking week. But that’s where the problem lies. What has the coach done to fix that problem? Has he not ripped them apart in the video session? Maybe make up a fine system within the club for penalties incrued and errors made. Make it a monetary fine. Something that holds the players accountable.
That's something I was thinking.
Every error compounded until a set is complete doubles in fine.

So if we spill the ball in 1 set, it's say $100 penalty. Next penalty for an error done before we complete a full set is $300, and $900 and $2700. Reset it after a set is completed or we score a try.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im only speculating here but I wouldn't be surprised if Kikau and Mahoney contracts are based on Baz being coach when they start their tenure here.

So you could be right. He night have to be here till afew rounds next year....
If that was the case then you send the same message to the team by sacking all of the assistants and bringing in some really strong ones. Keep Trent as the face but replace the brains.

The fact they haven’t done anything tells me it’s incompetent management rather than contract issues.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I think many of you are looking way too much into his comments on Twitter, or lack thereof. I know he can be stubborn and his pride does get in the way, but I have no doubt he'll be thinking 2 steps ahead. After all, he did step in before our Roosters win and also had his input about Flanagan's role in the team. So it's not like he's hiding in the shadows.

And to add further - as if he's going to publicly shame coaches and players. How would you like it if your colleagues or boss publicly stated that you're a shit kaant at work? Yeah I didn't think so.
I'm sure things behind the scenes are very different. Many are still forgetting Gus has been in the role for less than a year now. Things don't change just at the click of the fingers ffs.