Official Gus on Twitter

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahah i can see this 100%
Could it be that everyone is misreading this comment?

What if the "he and Trent Barret cant stand each other" refers to Gus and Barrett?

* leaves cat amongst the pigeons and quietly walks away *

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know Willie Mason thinks Flanagan is a Dud :kissing:
Ultimately we all want a successful team it's not a vendetta against Flanagan or anyone else, coming through the grades at Fish County most people assumed he had the talent to make it just like the Rorters did, he became our problem when we assumed we can turn him into a Cleary,
The question remains, is it still possible ?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ultimately we all want a successful team it's not a vendetta against Flanagan or anyone else, coming through the grades at Fish County most people assumed he had the talent to make it just like the Rorters did, he became our problem when we assumed we can turn him into a Cleary,
The question remains, is it still possible ?
I actually thought he would have a point to prove how he was punted from the Rorters and would tear it up with us.
It was wishful thinking.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually thought he would have a point to prove how he was punted from the Rorters and would tear it up with us.
It was wishful thinking.
Oh its not without trying....
Hes just shit.

That stupid telegraphed pass back the inside...... i mean..... if he went to the line and turned it back inside like a Munster or DCE, he might actually wrong foot a defender and be credited with a line-break. But he does it as first receiver about 8m from the defence. Who's he fooling?

The fact that he cant see it for himself, tells me he cannot even improve himself.

Cut him loose. He is garbage.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was wishful thinking.
This. If Flanagan was gonna have a breakout year it would've been last year when he came over from the roosters with a chip on his shoulder, but instead he became the worst half in the nrl and even when he was dropped to reserve grade he looked horrible amd out of his depth.
It almost seemed like he just doesn't have the drive and determination to be a better player.
Anyone who thinks he should be starting half next year must be having a laugh, there's no free rides anymore, he needs to earn his way back by showing he can dominate reserve grade first.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was wishful thinking.
This. If Flanagan was gonna have a breakout year it would've been last year when he came over from the roosters with a chip on his shoulder, but instead he became the worst half in the nrl and even when he was dropped to reserve grade he looked horrible amd out of his depth.
It almost seemed like he just doesn't have the drive and determination to be a better player.
Anyone who thinks he should be starting half next year must be having a laugh, there's no free rides anymore, he needs to earn his way back by showing he can dominate reserve grade first.
Oh its not without trying....
Hes just shit.

That stupid telegraphed pass back the inside...... i mean..... if he went to the line and turned it back inside like a Munster or DCE, he might actually wrong foot a defender and be credited with a line-break. But he does it as first receiver about 8m from the defence. Who's he fooling?

The fact that he cant see it for himself, tells me he cannot even improve himself.

Cut him loose. He is garbage.
It doesn't look good for him, I won't be surprised if he ends up at the Mounties.
Call me mad but I will never say never, stranger things has happened.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't look good for him, I won't be surprised if he ends up at the Mounties.
Call me mad but I will never say never, stranger things has happened.
If Josh Ralph outperforms him in the trials I would also send Flanagan to mounties and play Wakeham and Ralph at the Bulldogs.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rugby League is one of the most physical sports in the the world, you play from the age of 5 you get used to the toughness of the game as you grow older,
The reason I say this now...
Going back to the trials last season during which he was roughened up a little ( not unusual to roughen up the opposition's play-makers ) the fuss that followed was, the way his team mates came out publicly declaring to defend him.
What did really happen there, why the publicity fuss ?
Is this the side of Kyle's game that hasn't developed ?
Am I reading too much into it ?
Maybe !!!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep said in another thread, was unfortunate the serious injury and no blame placed but he owes the club to be fair..could he play prop as benchy/backup?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep said in another thread, was unfortunate the serious injury and no blame placed but he owes the club to be fair..could he play prop as benchy/backup?
Handy to have off the bench because he covers middle and edge and offers genuine strike - assuming he isn't too compromised from the injury and lay off.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah eventually if he recovers. He’s good off the Bench. I think he’s not due back for ages though..

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah eventually if he recovers. He’s good off the Bench. I think he’s not due back for ages though..
I assume it all depends on how he pulls up each day with training to eventually make the team again