Opinion Gus met with Shane Flanagan at a Cafe

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Shane Flanagan sounds like a dope when commentating, but he doesn't sound as stupid as Davey boy.
he had quite alot of feedback/criticisms commentating on friday. maybe twisting the knife before he takes over. at least he's watched us play through his commentary gig and has identified areas we need to improve

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is it always a cafe FFS?

Find a nice secluded spot like drug dealers do.
I've been watching Better Call Saul and noticed that in America at least,t here seems to be so many virtually empty multi story car parks to have clandestine meetings.

Even pop around to the other's house for a quiet one. Not sure why its always a cafe/restaurant.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plot twist, Wily old Shano has instructed young Kyle to tank. The plan was always to eliminate Baz from the coaching role where Shano will eventually take over and form the new power Coach/Son combo of the NRL, with young Kyle now displaying his hidden talents of trick kicks and taking on the line. Dally M
Coach of the year and player of the year 2023!
So he also tanked and let go at the rotters so he would go to the Bulldogs to get T Baz sacked so that his dad would get the job

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
he had quite alot of feedback/criticisms commentating on friday. maybe twisting the knife before he takes over. at least he's watched us play through his commentary gig and has identified areas we need to improve
I'd have Flanno over any of the other potential coaches mentioned, buy it's not a deep pool of coaching talent to pick from.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is it always a cafe FFS?

Find a nice secluded spot like drug dealers do.
It’s actually straight out of the high level drug dealer handbook. You always meet in a public place for the big talks so it doesn’t seem suspicious. Only the dodgy guys meet in back alleys.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he also tanked and let go at the rotters so he would go to the Bulldogs to get T Baz sacked so that his dad would get the job
Absolute genius plan and was years in the making!

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think what you want but his a proven coach which is something we haven’t had in a long time.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look at the team he had in 2016... Pretty sure anyone could win 50-60% with that squad

1 Ben Barba
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Jack Bird
4 Ricky Leutele
5 Valentine Holmes
6 James Maloney
7 Chad Townsend
8 Andrew Fifita
9 Michael Ennis
10 Matt Prior
11 Luke Lewis
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen (c)
Interchange
14 Gerard Beale
15 Chris Heighington
16 Sam Tagataese
17 Jayson Bukuya
18 Kurt Capewell
21 Joseph Paulo

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just dont want to see Flanagan permanently in the 7.
Can see him being tough on him and dropping him if he under performs I’m sure Gus would’ve discussed it with him.