Opinion Gus met with Shane Flanagan at a Cafe

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Plot twist, Wily old Shano has instructed young Kyle to tank. The plan was always to eliminate Baz from the coaching role where Shano will eventually take over and form the new power Coach/Son combo of the NRL, with young Kyle now displaying his hidden talents of trick kicks and taking on the line. Dally M
Coach of the year and player of the year 2023!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plot twist, Wily old Shano has instructed young Kyle to tank. The plan was always to eliminate Baz from the coaching role where Shano will eventually take over and form the new power Coach/Son combo of the NRL, with young Kyle now displaying his hidden talents of trick kicks and taking on the line. Dally M
Coach of the year and player of the year 2023!
It just makes sense people! We should have a preseason comp called the Family Feud Cup. Only 4 teams play, or more if they geg a father son combo. We have the champs Cleary Panthers, Arthur Eels, Walters Broncos and Flanagan Bulldogs. Yeehaw!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It just makes sense people! We should have a preseason comp called the Family Feud Cup. Only 4 teams play, or more if they geg a father son combo. We have the champs Cleary Panthers, Arthur Eels, Walters Broncos and Flanagan Bulldogs. Yeehaw!
Great, we will still get the spoon lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I believe Flanagan is the only person capable of doing this role. Mates or not, the big question is will he be okay with Gus watching closely over his shoulder.

They said on the radio that Gus was apparently opposed to Barrett leaving but the Board got their way. Interestingly, Gould was incredibly vocal about the job being too big for Barrett back when he was appointed. I'm concerned Gus thinks there's currently no one else available or interested who is capable of doing the job right now. If true this concerns me as he was spot on about Barrett and obviously had issues with the Board now dumping him mid season.

Time will tell how this all plays out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Personally I believe Flanagan is the only person capable of doing this role. Mates or not, the big question is will he be okay with Gus watching closely over his shoulder.

They said on the radio that Gus was apparently opposed to Barrett leaving but the Board got their way. Interestingly, Gould was incredibly vocal about the job being too big for Barrett back when he was appointed. I'm concerned Gus thinks there's currently no one else available or interested who is capable of doing the job right now. If true this concerns me as he was spot on about Barrett and obviously had issues with the Board now dumping him mid season.

Time will tell how this all plays out.
Gus needs to have his role limited to pathways and recruitment/retention.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how this comes to light now and not last week...