Gus hints at possible new signing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get your drift but not everyone he signs is going to be a goodun.This guy Is busy yes but also is 28 small and from the rah rahs so it's a bit different to the other guys you mention, for backup/cheap all good will trust the man knows his limitations but i see some potentially if there are high-ish expectations.
For sure, not all of them will pan out. But Miller (and we don't know that it's him) was impressive his one game at fullback. Age doesn't bother me as Cody Walker and Rhyse Martin etc were older when they debuted amongst others. Like I said, whoever it is, they'll likely be signed for very cheap so if they work out, great. If not, no harm done.

Gus' scouting so far has been pretty great and he's already struck gold with Kiraz and King as cheap signings. I'm sure he'll find more diamonds in the rough. The thing I love about Gus' scouting is that he looks at Rugby, pacific nations, Q Cup, NSW Cup etc whereas in years past our scouting was very limited and poor.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burtons no 7 would decide if he stays or not. Surely if he knew he had Kyle he wouldn’t think it would be worth staying

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He played halfback/five-eighth most of his rugby league career I played against him all my juniors even when he was playing 1st grade in the local comp he played mostly in the half's
Does that make him an NRL halfback? Doesn't look like one. Looks like an out and out fullback and maybe 5/8.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way the question was asked -

"Did you ever try to sign anyone out of Rugby"

- tells me that they are coming straight out of Rugby and most likely never played League at a professional level as per all his examples.

That's a shame though, RTS would have been handy.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the Rugby WC being played end of 2023, I doubt it’s a huge name coming across to RL in 2023, or anyone in contention for a WC place for their country. Maybe a Jnr Rugby star or Miller as many predict.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Curtis Rona.. Still only 30 years old, plenty left in the tank...

and yes i am taking the piss from the previous post :-)