News Gus Gould Opens First Bulldogs Training Session With Heartfelt Prayer To The Football Gods

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well yes you are correct, nobody really knows but gee the club would hardly get rid of Gus now would they?

That would be total chaos surely in trashing our reputation further?

And as for him bailing, well yes that could happen but highly unlikely? He doesn't seem a quitter (unless he senses its best to jump before pushed).

There's heaps more to do here and it's hard to imagine the Club will be pushing him out, however, I said from the very beginning years ago Gus was the only person available with enough clout to manage us out of this malaise...but....that it will undoubtedly end in tears and controversy.

Gus is that sort of force of nature. I just hope he sorts us out well before that happens.

We'll have to see how it pans out.
My point was that Gus is likely to walk when he gets bored/pissed off or can find better money somewhere else. This basket case of a club won't sack him. He walked out on the Warriors, he wasn't sacked.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Expected better from the ‘toota. Didn’t laugh once.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My point was that Gus is likely to walk when he gets bored/pissed off or can find better money somewhere else. This basket case of a club won't sack him. He walked out on the Warriors, he wasn't sacked.
I was aware of your point.

There's nothing in his history to indicate he is a quitter and just "walks out" on clubs.

And nothing to indicate the Club will sack him as yet.

He had 3 valid reasons to join us from the Warriors.

The Andersons were no longer here.

He has a great affection for our club.

Covid severely impacted his ability to scout NZ for players and he and Warriors management amicably mutually dissolved their contract.

If he gets bored or pissed off we'll have to deal with that at that time. In the meantime he is signing players and rebuilding our junior league and relationships with country areas and establishing new partnerships to help us into the future.

But you have your opinion about him. Thats fine. No worries.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
For a satirical “news outlet” they sure do write a lot of pieces putting shit on Christianity. Stopped reading their dribble a long time ago. It’s not even close to funny anymore.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For a satirical “news outlet” they sure do write a lot of pieces putting shit on Christianity. Stopped reading their dribble a long time ago. It’s not even close to funny anymore.
How does this "put shit on Christianity"?

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether the players respond to this or not, something different had to happen this week after last week's rotten finish. Hopefully this helps the players and not make shit worse lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Expected better from the ‘toota. Didn’t laugh once.
Not their finest article, but it's Bullldogs related without hanging too much shit on us at least :grinning:

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gone are the days when you could just have a laugh about something or take the piss out of something without it having a deeper meaning, offending someone, triggering someone . . . . Thankyou very much political correctness !

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I didn’t say “this”, I said “they”, meaning many other articles they’ve written.

I’ve followed and read Betoota for many years. But a few years ago every article they put out was directly bashing my faith in God, Jesus Christ, and Christianity in general so I decided to stop reading their stuff. I didn’t stop reading because it was affecting me. I stopped because their obvious agenda or perhaps lack of brain matter, is part of the reason why their are so many that do not have any faith in a God at all and that in my eyes can’t be a good thing. It’s almost become cool to bash people that have faith in a God. That’s scary.

The article doesn’t bash Christianity directly apart from a few words and a pic perhaps, but it’s now part of what they do.

And BTW I hate political correctness and a lot of old timers that have known me on here will testify to that any day of the week. Believing in a higher power other than your self is not political.

Last edited:

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Gone are the days when you could just have a laugh about something or take the piss out of something without it having a deeper meaning, offending someone, triggering someone . . . . Thankyou very much political correctness !
This is so true. And gone are the days that you can honestly have an opinion about your beliefs without being put in a box too it seems.