GTA V Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Damn. You're one ahead of me. I just did the Trevor and Michael chasing Lazlow mission.
im staying home tonight so im going to explore a bit - how fun is off road drive with trev

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Damn. You're one ahead of me. I just did the Trevor and Michael chasing Lazlow mission.
im staying home tonight so im going to explore a bit - how fun is off road drive with trev

also - when you buy a property dose it automatically make money for you?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You blokes are hectic... I've read you can buy shares and what not for income as well... I've explore some areas with Franklin and found some really nice houses... can you buy any house you want? I'm not up to that point just yet, guess I'll figure it out when I'm playing...

Great concept... "started from the bottom know where here" all about making it to the top...

I just gotta find something to keep the missus occupied for 16 hours while I play... ffs I might have to download some sort of girly show.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

also - when you buy a property dose it automatically make money for you?
I've only bought one property so far. Trevor's airfield after the mission where you destroy The Lost at the airfield let's you buy it and you can do gun runs from it which will make you 5-7 thousand a run

You blokes are hectic... I've read you can buy shares and what not for income as well... I've explore some areas with Franklin and found some really nice houses... can you buy any house you want? I'm not up to that point just yet, guess I'll figure it out when I'm playing...

Great concept... "started from the bottom know where here" all about making it to the top...

I just gotta find something to keep the missus occupied for 16 hours while I play... ffs I might have to download some sort of girly show.
You can't buy any house you want. Ther will be about 20+ businesses to buy which will make you money later on.

Download Keeping up with the K-ntrashians. Every girl seems to love that sht show.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, Chris. The off road driving is awesome. Love taking that buggy and thrashing it around.

I hit a deer with my car and Trevor goes "deer, oh deer". And another time I hit a coyote and he goes "ah, the smell of coyote guts". The detail in this game...

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score

The stock market is great - a good tip is to listen out to who you're going after to kill and which companies they own or are associated with. I've purchased shares for competitors before completing the mission and made good money. The game gives you this tip at one point but worth knowing early on.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, Chris. The off road driving is awesome. Love taking that buggy and thrashing it around.

I hit a deer with my car and Trevor goes "deer, oh deer". And another time I hit a coyote and he goes "ah, the smell of coyote guts". The detail in this game...
Talking about detail, what about when you're driving on the highways and you kinda veer off the road and your tyres hit those bumps on the edgers of the road, I was mind blown about the detail, felt like i was driving home drunk on the M4 at 4am in the morning.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The stock market is great - a good tip is to listen out to who you're going after to kill and which companies they own or are associated with. I've purchased shares for competitors before completing the mission and made good money. The game gives you this tip at one point but worth knowing early on.
Thanks for that, Vargster. I have NFI what I'm doing with the shares.

Anyone know how to KEEP the character wearing the same clothes? It's getting kinda annoying constantly putting the same outfit on them.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Talking about detail, what about when you're driving on the highways and you kinda veer off the road and your tyres hit those bumps on the edgers of the road, I was mind blown about the detail, felt like i was driving home drunk on the M4 at 4am in the morning.
Haha. I drive on that on purpose.

And the cops monitoring along the highway? They shine their side light looking for things.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone return the ladies' stolen purse? I keep it. I returned it once and got like 10% of the cash so I keep it from now on.

Reaction score
they're just like that in real life, i fukked 2 wheels on a hire car driving from los angeles up the coast. I drive over the ones in australia all the time with no effect, but not these ones. attracted the attention of the cops, but they ended up writing the ticket off as wasting gas, or wasting "finite resources" as the ticket said.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now the Scottish are pissed ay the game:

GTA 5: Scottish Borders town infuriated by their spot on game map

The release of GTA V on Monday night was eagerly awaited by millions, and gratefully received by most. But the latest instalment of the phenomenally successful game has outraged residents in the Scottish Borders town of Hawick, who have discovered that a ‘druggie hipster’ suburb in the game has also been named Hawick.

Since GTA’s designer, Rockstar North, is based only 40 miles away in Edinburgh and has slipped tongue-in-cheek Scottish references into its games before, the residents of Hawick find it hard to pass off as a coincidence.

Local councillor David Paterson told the BBC he was “absolutely disgusted” at the homage, since the real Hawick was “a lovely place” with “a lot of history and a lot of good things happening”. In his view, GTA’s appropriation of the name Hawick (pronounced Hoick) for a troubled district was not harmless fun: “It’s going to destroy the reputation of the town.”

The town’s local Member of the Scottish Parliament, John Lamont, went further and invited the game’s producers to visit the area. He said he couldn’t understand why Rockstar North would “pick on Hawick”, suggesting “they clearly do not know Hawick well.”

Rockstar North, who have not yet responded to the invitation, have faced worse. The GTA series has been, at various stages, cited in murder trials, debated in the House of Lords and banned in Brazil. It has also won multiple awards, and GTA V sold £500 million worth of copies in 24 hours this week.

Rockstar North began as a bedroom start-up called DMA Design in the computer revolution of the Eighties. Their first big hit, Lemmings, was a puzzle in which the gamer guided the suicidal mammals through a series of booby traps. When the firm graduated to their crime series Grand Theft Auto, they kept their whacky sense of humour and a connection to their Scottish roots.

Although the GTA series is principally a satire on American culture, it is peppered with obscure nods to Scotland. In the betting shops of GTA San Andreas, for instance, the names of the horses are Glaswegian jokes; and in GTA V, an ironic saltire flies over the sun-kissed community of Vespucci Beach.
Haha. People get very easily offended over nothing these days. FMD.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the space of 4 days, GTA has pissed off some anti torture group, women and the Scottish. Nice.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i'll put this bit in white incase someone hasnt done the mission

when franklin and lestor are talking at the beach he is talking about the company of the guy your about to assassinate but when you go to the chat log you cant see anything, do you buy shares in the guy your killings company or a competitors company?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i'll put this bit in white incase someone hasnt done the mission

when franklin and lestor are talking at the beach he is talking about the company of the guy your about to assassinate but when you go to the chat log you cant see anything, do you buy shares in the guy your killings company or a competitors company
Answer below in white

Competitors...Invest In Beta Pharmasuticals, BAWSAQ

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Finished the main story yesterday and im about half way through side missions.

Cannot wait for online.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Regarding Shares, below in white:

There's a mission that calls for you to kill 3 guys that own a tobacco company (redwood cigarettes). You have a time limit to do this, however prior to beginning it you can buy shares in Debonaire, their main competitor. I found a list of big companies and their competitors for future investment opportunities:

CoolBeans - BeanMachine
Burgershot - Up-An-Atom
Clucking Bell - TacoBomb
FlyUS - AirEmu
GoPostal - PostOP
Bilkington - DollarPills
Pisswasser - Logger
MazeBank - BankOfLiberty
Redwood - Debonaire
Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter - Bullhead
RadioLosSantos - WorldwideFM
eCola - Raine

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Regarding Shares, below in white:

There's a mission that calls for you to kill 3 guys that own a tobacco company (redwood cigarettes). You have a time limit to do this, however prior to beginning it you can buy shares in Debonaire, their main competitor. I found a list of big companies and their competitors for future investment opportunities:

CoolBeans - BeanMachine
Burgershot - Up-An-Atom
Clucking Bell - TacoBomb
FlyUS - AirEmu
GoPostal - PostOP
Bilkington - DollarPills
Pisswasser - Logger
MazeBank - BankOfLiberty
Redwood - Debonaire
Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter - Bullhead
RadioLosSantos - WorldwideFM
eCola - Raine
I think he is up to the assasination mission where you shoot the dude coming out of the hotel.. The multi target one is after that.

Good tips for the companies and their competitors though. Im going to use these well..

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i dontknow about you guys but i cant wait to leave work and play gta - all ive done is check this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.