Opinion Ground hog Day Bulldogs

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s only one round in , but the nonsense errors and weak efforts of our defence have to stop .

Trent had a job to do and we all agree has pinpointed it all down to a T.
He knows what needs fixing.

If people dish the same rubbish they need to be held accountable and dropped or even not have their contracts renewed.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ffs stfu man ..

It’s round one .

New coach , new team , new structures

This team was never going to threaten for premierships

We’re a fringe 8 team so understand that the weekend we have .

If you can’t see the vast improvement just in our Matt knocker the last decade or so then watch another sport .

This club is going places but we’re carrying too passengers atm

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know it's only round 1 but I have switched off already and drastically lowered my expectations... People can say it's only early, however we've been use to this since 2017 so yeah.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2021 was going to be an improvement but don’t expect miracles. Meaney, Hoppa, Napa, JMK and others need to be moved on or replaced. We don’t have a genuine 6. It’s rebuild 2.0 unfortunately.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Much improvement although result still much the same (frustrating) but they did try harder for the most part, still a lot of mistakes, reffs didn’t make it any easier (same old) but we had much better shape attack wise..!! We have a good one in flanno , Jack and cotric, have a few that need to go ASAP, and plenty of work to do... it will get better, and 2021 will be better than 20 come seasons end.

have too say, I was far more optimistic and last nights game was disheartening.!!!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Lower your expectations a lil bit guys. This year was always a write off tbh. We desperately need another big-bopper even after Thommo returns. Burton won’t be able to make much of a difference if our forwards are gettin rolled weekly. I hate bein a negative **** but fuck man u just gotta look at our situation realistically. New combos take time to gel. Especially when they’re all young af.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s only one round in , but the nonsense errors and weak efforts of our defence have to stop .

Trent had a job to do and we all agree has pinpointed it all down to a T.
He knows what needs fixing.

If people dish the same rubbish they need to be held accountable and dropped or even not have their contracts renewed.
Or maybe we’re just the most crappy team in wet weather. We could be a really good side in dry weather, who knows

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2021 was going to be an improvement but don’t expect miracles. Meaney, Hoppa, Napa, JMK and others need to be moved on or replaced. We don’t have a genuine 6. It’s rebuild 2.0 unfortunately.
To be honest this year is actually the first year of rebuild. From 2018 to 2020 we were in pause mode mainly due to the salary cap situation we got ourselves into. This year the rebuild has started and we’re only going to get better each year now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest this year is actually the first year of rebuild. From 2018 to 2020 we were in pause mode mainly due to the salary cap situation we got ourselves into. This year the rebuild has started and we’re only going to get better each year now.
I’m with you but I do also think we had some money and wasted it over the last few years. Players like DWZ, Meaney, Cogger, Britt, Stimson were average signings and we could have been further ahead if better players were recruited. Some of those players are/were on decent coin.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m with you but I do also think we had some money and wasted it over the last few years. Players like DWZ, Meaney, Cogger, Britt, Stimson were average signings and we could have been further ahead if better players were recruited. Some of those players are/were on decent coin.
Yep 100%, too many knee jerk reactions from the old administration. Plus probably no decent player wanted to come to our club.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs stfu man ..

It’s round one .

New coach , new team , new structures

This team was never going to threaten for premierships

We’re a fringe 8 team so understand that the weekend we have .

If you can’t see the vast improvement just in our Matt knocker the last decade or so then watch another sport .

This club is going places but we’re carrying too passengers atm
Patience mate, early days with a revamped squad.

The weather conditions couldn’t have been more disadvantageous to us as a team full of new players and combinations. Didn’t help our smaller, mobile forwards either. Guys who we will be relying on for spark and points such as Averillo will go better in dry conditions also.

Hopefully we’ll get a dry track next weekend and see a better performance.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We also nabbed CHN who was good but we screwed it. And Avo. Stimson might still be goood.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Patience mate, early days with a revamped squad.

The weather conditions couldn’t have been more disadvantageous to us as a team full of new players and combinations. Didn’t help our smaller, mobile forwards either. Guys who we will be relying on for spark and points such as Averillo will go better in dry conditions also.

Hopefully we’ll get a dry track next weekend and see a better performance.
Most tries could have been easily avoided... Elliot not counting numbers, Hoppa not being more front on on Best, Slipping on defensive structures with Waddell defending on the line on the other side of the field next the his opposite backrower in Elliot and leaving Deitz defending next to Flanno and Flanno memorized by a Bondi boy...

The conditions were definitely not ideal for new combinations but I would be expecting Barrett to be fuming over these things and expecting the boys to concentrate more next time around.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you have an average roster, at a minimum, players could at least show some serious aggression and use that pack mentality in defence and take it to the opposition, but only Elliot looks like he’s frothing at the mouth... I think for most of us, it’s the way we lost and got dominated that is most disappointing

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
People’s expectations of this roster is a bit unrealistic our new recruits all played pretty well and the rest are pretty average but our attack was better than it has been for years our D won’t improve until we move on some more pretenders. If Trent can get that squad to finish 10/12 it will be an A+ in my book

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People’s expectations of this roster is a bit unrealistic our new recruits all played pretty well and the rest are pretty average but our attack was better than it has been for years our D won’t improve until we move on some more pretenders. If Trent can get that squad to finish 10/12 it will be an A+ in my book
2 weeks ago wouldn’t have agreed with you as I was thinking too 8, but now I think your correct, will be an A+ indeed..!!