Groomed as next bulldogs captain?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott has not cemented a starting jersey IMO. Half a dozen good games last season is not enough. He can talk and train up a storm but is yet to reach any great heights on game day when it matters the most. No real standout captains. Hoppa maybe. Seems to have good mindset and high footy IQ

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow everyone's going to write him off because he was drunk and naked? Like yous have never done something stupid on the piss.
Should be a prerequisite for becoming captain. We’d have less knobs like Cameron Smith that’s for sure!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Elliott has not cemented a starting jersey IMO. Half a dozen good games last season is not enough. He can talk and train up a storm but is yet to reach any great heights on game day when it matters the most. No real standout captains. Hoppa maybe. Seems to have good mindset and high footy IQ
Hoppa? I'm hoping Hoppa won't be here next year. Not that he can't play at this level. But he is as good as he is going to get. I think we can do better.

Reactions: GDR

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And that other video of him circulating again drunk and naked at a function ? LOLLLL it seems there’s a trend with Adam and alcohol and what follows
Bulldogs fan here: here she is, negative Nancy !!! You are such a Karen! You should be banned for life! You are a dogs supporter, you are a premadonna!

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Way too early to speculate on Fanagan's future. He could turn out to be a total flop. New captain will be chosen when the time is right. If that time was now, I agree that Elliot would be the frontrunner. A lot of things could happen before we need to select a new captain.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You can guarantee it can you?

Anything else you can guarantee? Like his future behaviour on the piss representing our colours?

Too much risk for me sorry.
Teddy what about Terry Lamb?
Just because today there’s cameras and social media? Baa drank Canterbury Leagues dry of Vodka & Orange.

Elliott was 22 on Mad Monday and he’ll be 28 before he has a shot at the captaincy. He’s a father now and most blokes grow up quite a bit in those six years.

Wait and see but I think The Flange is too young for a formal leadership role - Baz has to let his natural game develop before adding any undue pressure to the kid.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have no firm opinion on whom would be the best fit except that i agree Flanno is way too young, i think Baz will be casting an eye over player's leadership credentials this year most definitely as Jacko's days as skipper are coming to an end..he actually needs a pretty big year himself in '21.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What are your thoughts ?

Make Flanagan vice captain for next 3 years then take over from Jacko?

He will be calling thr shots now.
Been 26 years since we had a half captain. The great Terry Lamb. Elliott would be next captain if the trend the last 25 years continues. Think Ennis is the only non forward captain since Lamb.

Reactions: DT

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Are Steve turner and Adam Elliot the same person? Shut your eyes when you hear them talk...scary!

Reactions: DT