Groomed as next bulldogs captain?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Understand what you are saying. His charity work is very commendable.

You'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he has got himself under control plus with now becoming a father, he should have settled down.

I've always said the MM stuff was sensationally overblown by our good friends at the telecrap but it could go against him for captaincy. He needs to be consistent with his good form and errors to go to that level IMO.

He seems to be held in high regard at the club having said that.

The things he has been in trouble for are just immature mistakes that young men make on the piss. He didn't hurt anybody, damage property, touch up a minor etc etc. So surely they are forgiveable indiscretions.
Im not saying that Elliot will be our future captain, that is completely up to Barrett. But I do think he is a likely candidate, and the club certainly holds him in high regard given he is always used as a media tool. I think he was a captain in the lower grades as well. But like I said, Barrett might see things completely different.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They're not going to hold that drunk night against elliot..
Jt was captain after that coffs situation.
Lodge was a shoe in for captain even after his charges.
Mitch pearce is a captain yet he fucked a dog..

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's hope not. The boys like and respect him. He has taken pay cuts and rejected bigger offers to stay loyal. IMO he deserves first crack at captain after Jackson is gone.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No penetration so it doesn't count.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im hoping Thomo plays well the next 2 years to potentially be our Captain down the track.
I suppose that only leaves Hoppa if Jacko was injured or something.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thing is, who ever gets captain better hope their form doesn't go to shit like the previous couple of captains we have had. It's been cursed unfortunately.

scheshiresmile

New Pup
Reaction score
The Tamou biting charge whether fair or unfair has stained his reputation a bit plus still the chance he’s going to get homesick and pack his bags one day.
James Graham's biting charge in the 2012 GF didn't stop him getting the captaincy down the line. If he proves himself to be a leader, I'm sure he'll have every chance

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott would make a very good captain and as for the alcohol indiscretions meh thats minor stuff fair bump play on..As for the intelligence comment please...two words to him Terry Lamb(loved that **** a lot), footy smarts is what the role is about not IQ :laughing:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are your thoughts ?

Make Flanagan vice captain for next 3 years then take over from Jacko?

He will be calling thr shots now.
Make Burton or JAC captain, make them Generals, Field Marshalls, Admirals, anything as long as they sign that dotted line.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has done one thing wrong. No body was hurt, nobody was charged, and it was at a private function behind closed doors, yet you write him off? What about the constant hard work he does within the community? One blemish and you deem him a liability. Wow.
And that other video of him circulating again drunk and naked at a function ? LOLLLL it seems there’s a trend with Adam and alcohol and what follows

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How Elliot can be captain, he was lucky to make the side when fit this year.

Letstrot

Waterboy
Reaction score
What the hell is going on with the hate for my brudda Elliott?

If you haters had 10% heart and balls as my brudda, you wouldn't be talking smack!

Snap out of it, support all our blue n white bruddas, and lets trot to a championship in the next few years

#proudtobebulldog
#lessgo
#letstrot

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the hell is going on with the hate for my brudda Elliott?

If you haters had 10% heart and balls as my brudda, you wouldn't be talking smack!

Snap out of it, support all our blue n white bruddas, and lets trot to a championship in the next few years

#proudtobebulldog
#lessgo
#letstrot
Hey Nashy, reincarnated again?? "Letsnot"

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan doesn’t need the added pressure. He’s still young. Let him come, integrate, play some consistent footy then worry about the captain.

RE: Adam Elliot and his past “transgressions”. Look at Jake Friend for the Roosters. Sacked in 09 and came back a better person and now a co captain and leader. The NRL loves a fairy tale story. All is easily forgiven after time

Reactions: DT