Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's history there with Elliott need a cleanskin i think

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can guarantee it can you?

Anything else you can guarantee? Like his future behaviour on the piss representing our colours?

Too much risk for me sorry.

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah to me a captain can't have transgressions in their history, new stories from Elliott pop up every year. In saying that maybe a co captaincy would be in order for both Elliott and Flanagan in the future as Elliott could be the motivator and Flanagan the strategist.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Look at all the charity work he does. You's remember that? Or are yous just like all the journalists only remember the bad?. He has all the leadership qualities. He deserves it over anyone else in the squad

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's a good question. At this stage there aren't too many contenders and if Jacko wasn't in the team this year for whatever reason I would say Hoppa would be next cab off the rank. But after this year it's questionable if Hoppa will even be at the club.

I agree that if Elliot took his game to the next level he could be the future captain and if I had to name a roughie I would say RFM. I thought this year, just through effort and consistency he was far and away our best player and that in itself showed a guy who is prepared to lead the way with his actions....but whether he would make a good captain...who knows???

The only other options are future gun recruits that aren't even at the club yet but might be in a position in a couple of years time to be the captain.

There is definitely no stand out deputy that is presently waiting in the wings to take over

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a good question. At this stage there aren't too many contenders and if Jacko wasn't in the team this year for whatever reason I would say Hoppa would be next cab off the rank. But after this year it's questionable if Hoppa will even be at the club.

I agree that if Elliot took his game to the next level he could be the future captain and if I had to name a roughie I would say RFM. I thought this year, just through effort and consistency he was far and away our best player and that in itself showed a guy who is prepared to lead the way with his actions....but whether he would make a good captain...who knows???

The only other options are future gun recruits that aren't even at the club yet but might be in a position in a couple of years time to be the captain.

There is definitely no stand out deputy that is presently waiting in the wings to take over
We have the current NZ kiwi test skipper in DWZ in our team & he doesn’t get a mention.... not that he deserves it at present! Jackson god love him, is like Boyd Cordner, almost past his used by date, but hopefully under T Baz rekindles the form we know he can deliver weekly. Issue with Jackson is he’s too much of a nice guy & ref’s show him and our team Fark all respect.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Elliott looks primed to be our captain after Jackson. That's probably at least 2-3 years away anyways. I like the idea of halfback being captain, but I think it only works with experienced players. There's a reason why Cleary isn't captain at the Panthers (added pressure). If he isn't ready, Flanagan probably isn't either.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliott is the next bulldogs captain. It is 100 percent set in stone..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can guarantee it can you?

Anything else you can guarantee? Like his future behaviour on the piss representing our colours?

Too much risk for me sorry.
He has done one thing wrong. No body was hurt, nobody was charged, and it was at a private function behind closed doors, yet you write him off? What about the constant hard work he does within the community? One blemish and you deem him a liability. Wow.