Griffin

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even remember how Broncos and Panthers played when he was in charge but his win/loss ratio seems alright and his discipline and structure might be exactly what we need. I think its important we provide him with some quality assistants. I wonder if Cronk would be interested in an assistants position, he is the halves coach at the roosters now but we could be the step up he needs if he has aspirations of coaching full time.
Probably not while Uncle Nick covers his Harvard business degree or whatever dodgy shit he has done for him

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't even remember how Broncos and Panthers played when he was in charge but his win/loss ratio seems alright and his discipline and structure might be exactly what we need. I think its important we provide him with some quality assistants. I wonder if Cronk would be interested in an assistants position, he is the halves coach at the roosters now but we could be the step up he needs if he has aspirations of coaching full time.
Penrith was absolutely flying when he was in charge and in the top 4. He had them playing a very good brand of footy

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what are peoples thoughts around toovey? I for one wouldnt mind him tough as nails not scared to stick it to the refs media etc I'm sick of hearing dean pay is nice guy that's all good and well and was probaly deanos biggest downfall I cant recall press confrence where he lost his shit theres got to be an investigation...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone think maybe the Andersons are coming in for pay back for sacking Kevin Moore ? Cause as soon as Moore was done it was hasler. Personal vendettas.. Lynne is Chris’s brother
Did you know
Canterbury's previous board rejected Bennett to sign Kevin Moore !
What do you think of it ?

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if Griffin is a championship coach. But is definitely the best rebuild coach around at the moment. Might not win the title but will definitely get you close.

I’d feel ok with him as our coach for the next 3 years. Would still rather Bennett or bellemy but we know they wouldn’t come. Barrett shouldn’t be the be all end all. Hasn’t done enough to be the lock and hope he isn’t.
I think Nathan Brown fits that category too! Let's see how it pans out!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus is a fat fuck with a good footy brain who is thinking down stream about the stable he will manage as a football manager..
I would have called him a fat **** personally...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given the rebuild he engineered at the Knights, Nathan Brown as GM of Football would be a great fit...
hahaha Please God, if Barrett is made coach please please make Brown the Football manager the following week. His boss...

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why would Barrett leave the panthers as an assistant with that squad to come to our club as an assistant?
The Challenge.

Why play it safe as an assistant for the rest of his career.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hahaha Please God, if Barrett is made coach please please make Brown the Football manager the following week. His boss...
Brown fostered a shit culture with the players at Newcastle, it was why he got sacked.

We don't need that.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brown fostered a shit culture with the players at Newcastle, it was why he got sacked.

We don't need that.
Mate.. look at my profile pic. Sence of humour and stuff..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As soon as he cops and L and fucks up he he gets called into the bosses office for a slap

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree Griffin is the better option and a 55% record over 170 plus games is a proven record. He's also done well rebuilding teams.

My only issues with him are he has no personality (Hook makes Folkes, Moore, Des and Pay look like the cast of SNL) he's a hardass which is a good thing short term but the players tune him out after a while...

He's also a defensive coach and not great tactically and it would be nice to have an attacking coach after ten years of Desball.

They seem pretty far down the road with Barrett though so we'll see what happens.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, Trent won’t be giving Brownie any “cheek”
Would be a “slap in the face” for Trent

Last edited: