Greg Inglis signs RL's richest deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
SOUTH Sydney superstar Greg Inglis has signed a five-year deal which will keep him at the NRL club until the end of 2017.

The new deal likely to be worth in excess of $4 million, means the 25-year-old Inglis has catapulted to the top of rugby league’s rich list.

“I couldn’t be happier to have sorted out my future for the long term, and to be part of the Rabbitohs’ plans for the next five years or more is very special for me,” Inglis said.

“I came here at the start of 2011 and have really felt at home. All of the players, coaches, staff and members have helped me make the transition to Sydney, as well as the change to my new position at fullback, and hopefully I can repay everyone through my performances on and off the field over the next five years.

“South Sydney is a very special club and I know we’re on the verge of achieving something equally as special here. I’m glad I can contribute to that and, as I said, I couldn’t be happier knowing I’ll be in the red and green for a long time to come.”

Inglis is coming off one of the finest seasons of his career. Having switched to fullback early in the season, the Queensland and Australian Test back led Souths to within one win of a grand final.

The Rabbitohs bowed of the premiership race with a 32-8 loss to Canterbury at ANZ Stadium last Saturday night in the second preliminary final.

Souths coach Michael Maguire says the re-signing of Inglis to a long-term contract gives the club and the team a real boost as they get ready to attack season 2013.

“Greggy is obviously a very talented player and he’s really matured and become a leader at South Sydney,” Maguire said.

“He’s capable of some extraordinary things on the field, and he has an extraordinary effect on people off the field too. He’s told me that he’s fully committed to the club, the team and the South Sydney district, and you can see that by the efforts he puts in on and off the field.

“He is a big part of what we’re trying to achieve here and we’re all very excited to know he will be here until 2017 and hopefully longer.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WOW .. big gamble to sign him till he's 30.

I mean the way Ch9 is going, who knows how much the salary cap might be if league if forced to go alone without Ch9 TV Rights.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure he will get a % increase per year or there will be a clause to say he gets a role in rustys next movie if the cap raises.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
got the cash, but will he still have the desire to proform at his best ?????
big gamble

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
na he got tiickets from virgin to go into space and then park the craft in the garge next to the boat and jetski

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
South Sydney Rabbitohs, over the SALARY CAP of course.. The South Sydney Rabbitohs are over the Salary cap and still can't make the Grand Final.. What a Joke, I still can't figure this out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.