Official Greg Inglis retires effective immediately.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A bloke who has;
Summary;
Captained South Sydney
Captained Queensland
Won 3 Premierships
Played 5 GF's
Won about 10 origin series
Most tries in Origin history
Clive Churchill medalist
World golden boot award

Best centre in the game of all time who will be an immortal

And you reckon that Greg Inglis is overated?

You know very well what he has achieved and for some unknown reason you decide to spin shit, and you say others are childish with not putting forth a valid argument? Why would someone put an arguement forward, with in regards to your absurd statement?

You are not putting any valid arguements forward. It is sheer dribble with a bucketload of saltiness
You dead set just copied and pasted the "Awards and honours" section of Greg's Wikipedia page.

Dally M is nothing more than a favouritism / PC award these days. Many good players get overlooked for it.

Played State of Origin for a team he was never eligible to play in.

Played in grand final teams that either cheated the cap or the game was a farce.

Take that away and he's the same player that many other centres are.

2006 Rugby League International Federation International Newcomer of the Year Award - Award category discontinued since 2007.
2007 Melbourne Storm Team of the Decade (Centre) - Nothing award.
2007 Clive Churchill Medallist - Nothing award / cheating year.
2008 Indigenous Team of the Century (Centre) - Nothing award.
2008 Dally M Peter Frilingos Memorial Award for the headline moment of the year / Dally M Five-eighth of the Year / Dally M Representative Player of the Year - Cheating Year / Wank of an award.
2009 Wally Lewis Medallist - Nothing award.
2009 Dally M Representative Player of the Year - Cheating Year / Wank of an award.
2009 Melbourne Storm Back of the Year Award - Nothing award.
2009 Rugby League Four Nations Player of the Tournament - Nothing award.
2009 Golden Boot Award Rugby League World International Player of the Year - Nothing award.
2013 Dally M Fullback of the Year / Provan-Summons Medallist - Wank of an award.

2006 NRL Grand Final Runner-up - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.
2007 NRL Grand Final Winners premierships - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.
2008 NRL Grand Final Runner-up - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.
2009 NRL Grand Final Winners premierships - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.
2010 World Club Challenge Winners - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.

2014 NRL Grand Final Winners

Summary:
A few nothing awards.
A few claytons awards.
A few awards cheating the cap.
2014 Grand Farcial Winner

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You dead set just copied and pasted the "Awards and honours" section of Greg's Wikipedia page.

Dally M is nothing more than a favouritism / PC award these days. Many good players get overlooked for it.

Played in grand final teams that either cheated the cap or the game was a farce.

2006 Rugby League International Federation International Newcomer of the Year Award - Award category discontinued since 2007.
2008 Dally M Peter Frilingos Memorial Award for the headline moment of the year / Dally M Five-eighth of the Year / Dally M Representative Player of the Year - Cheating Year / Wank of an award.
2009 Dally M Representative Player of the Year - Cheating Year / Wank of an award.
2009 Golden Boot Award Rugby League World International Player of the Year - Nothing award.
2013 Dally M Fullback of the Year / Provan-Summons Medallist - Wank of an award.

2006 NRL Grand Final Runner-up - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.
2007 NRL Grand Final Winners premierships - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.
2008 NRL Grand Final Runner-up - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.
2009 NRL Grand Final Winners premierships - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.
2010 World Club Challenge Winners - Storm cheated the cap this year. Null and void.

Summary:
A few nothing awards.
A few claytons awards.

come on mate,

you can make Don Bradman look like a "nothing" batsman the way you have dissected Inglis's playing career. lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Souths would have to spend half their salary cap to even come close to the money French rugby will offer him.

ARU: $1.5 million a season.
French Top 14 Rugby side: $2million+ per season.
Souths: Would struggle to offer more than $1 million a season.

Souths will pick up Goodwin on the cheap, and probably end up with lil baby Darius before end of the season "suddenly homesick for his defacto fathers teat".
Word is they are looking at getting Aaron Gray back too...

silva

Utility
Reaction score

Summary:
A few nothing awards.
A few claytons awards.
Kidding yourself. Easily the best centre in the history of the game and probably the greatest athlete ever in his prime. A freakish specimen.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Kidding yourself. Easily the best centre in the history of the game and probably the greatest athlete ever in his prime. A freakish specimen.
Greatest athlete ever???

Okay. Lol

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Surprising that this supposed demi-god of a man was unable to help his team achieve a single point on the scoreboard in the greatest grand final butchering of all time in our game. 2008....40 blot.....what was this GI bloke doing that day?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Surprising that this supposed demi-god of a man was unable to help his team achieve a single point on the scoreboard in the greatest grand final butchering of all time in our game. 2008....40 blot.....what was this GI bloke doing that day?
Thinking what alcoholic beverage he can drink and drive home on.

Mal Meninga, Dale Shearer, Reg Gasnier, Greame Langlands deserves all the accolades they get and are infinitely better players than Inglis. I'd even go as far as rating Hayne and JMoz better centres than Inglis.

People forget Lord Inglis has played alongside other elite players almost his entire career (in particular as it got later). I can count on one hand the number of games Inglis won his side without any assistance from other star players.

I'd like putting John Olive in the Qld Origin side at it's peak and blowing loads over him being the best centre alive.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Aside from the cap bullshit, Inglis was a phenomenal player for well over a decade in multiple positions. He's one of the most freakish athletes that has ever played Rugby League.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw these two papers side by side at the library yesterday. Thought it was a funny contrast as to where he was from. (Kempsey? That's in Queensland).

20190416_103754.jpg

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
So Inglis is shit cause he didn't score a point and his team lost in a GF that was in 2008 ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I thought I would do what Mr I has done with Inglis but with Terry Lamb to show you how easy it is to void all career achievements, you can do it to, very easy. Just write what you think in bold text next to each achievement

Achievements and Honours
  • 1983 Dally M Player of the Year (1st Runner Up in 1984, 1987, 1992. 2nd Runner Up in 1986) Wank of an award
  • 1984 Rothmans Medal Best & Fairest Winner Nothing award
  • Three times winner of the Dally M Players Player of the Year (1984, 1986, 1995) Wank of an award
  • Record seven times Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year Award (1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993) An award that doesn't count cause I think it doesn't
  • Won a record total of 18 Dally M Awards. Meh that award night is for cheaters
  • NSWRL Premiership Leading Tryscorer in 1984 (17) and 1987 (16) Out of date so who cares
  • NSWRL Premiership Leading Pointscorer in 1986 (210) What does NSWRL even mean? I don't know but I know not many people give a fuck
  • Member of 1984, 1988 and 1995 Canterbury Premiership Winning Teams Cheated..........................I think, na I know they did so yea
  • 1995 Canterbury Premiership Winning Captain The trophy is not the same as the one today so doesn't count
  • Only player to play every match on a full Kangaroo Tour. Lamb played in all 20 matches: 15 tour matches and 5 Tests on the 1986 Tour of Great Britain and France. Oh wow played all the games
  • Leading Tryscoring with 19 on Australia's 1986 Kangaroo Tour Big deal
  • Member of Australia's successful 1988 World Cup Final Squad Australia will always win so means nothing
  • Played in NSW's first State of Origin cleansweep in 1986 Hi can I get a large Bic Mac meal and a large oh shit sorry umm yea this award means nothing
  • Scored two tries in his first Premiership match playing for Wests against Balmain in 1980 and his last Premiership match playing for Canterbury against North Queensland in 1996 Played for Wests meh
  • Awarded keys to City of Canterbury, New South Wales in 1995 along with Peter Moore Canterbury is shit hole enough said
  • Awarded an Order of Australia (OAM) for services to rugby league Pffft what does OAM even mean, Oats and Milk
  • Australian Sports Medal recipient, 24 October 2000. Happened in 2000 no one cares
  • In February 2008, Lamb was named in the list of Australia's 100 Greatest Players (1908–2007) which was commissioned by the NRL and ARL to celebrate the code's centenary year in Australia Simply shouldn't be there and its that simple

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would do what Mr I has done with Inglis but with Terry Lamb to show you how easy it is to void all career achievements, you can do it to, very easy. Just write what you think in bold text next to each achievement

Achievements and Honours
  • 1983 Dally M Player of the Year (1st Runner Up in 1984, 1987, 1992. 2nd Runner Up in 1986) Wank of an award
  • 1984 Rothmans Medal Best & Fairest Winner Nothing award
  • Three times winner of the Dally M Players Player of the Year (1984, 1986, 1995) Wank of an award
  • Record seven times Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year Award (1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993) An award that doesn't count cause I think it doesn't
  • Won a record total of 18 Dally M Awards. Meh that award night is for cheaters
  • NSWRL Premiership Leading Tryscorer in 1984 (17) and 1987 (16) Out of date so who cares
  • NSWRL Premiership Leading Pointscorer in 1986 (210) What does NSWRL even mean? I don't know but I know not many people give a fuck
  • Member of 1984, 1988 and 1995 Canterbury Premiership Winning Teams Cheated..........................I think, na I know they did so yea
  • 1995 Canterbury Premiership Winning Captain The trophy is not the same as the one today so doesn't count
  • Only player to play every match on a full Kangaroo Tour. Lamb played in all 20 matches: 15 tour matches and 5 Tests on the 1986 Tour of Great Britain and France. Oh wow played all the games
  • Leading Tryscoring with 19 on Australia's 1986 Kangaroo Tour Big deal
  • Member of Australia's successful 1988 World Cup Final Squad Australia will always win so means nothing
  • Played in NSW's first State of Origin cleansweep in 1986 Hi can I get a large Bic Mac meal and a large oh shit sorry umm yea this award means nothing
  • Scored two tries in his first Premiership match playing for Wests against Balmain in 1980 and his last Premiership match playing for Canterbury against North Queensland in 1996 Played for Wests meh
  • Awarded keys to City of Canterbury, New South Wales in 1995 along with Peter Moore Canterbury is shit hole enough said
  • Awarded an Order of Australia (OAM) for services to rugby league Pffft what does OAM even mean, Oats and Milk
  • Australian Sports Medal recipient, 24 October 2000. Happened in 2000 no one cares
  • In February 2008, Lamb was named in the list of Australia's 100 Greatest Players (1908–2007) which was commissioned by the NRL and ARL to celebrate the code's centenary year in Australia Simply shouldn't be there and its that simple
Being a dogs fan I knew Terry Lamb was good but I didn’t realise he was this fucking good. Always thought highly of him as he’s a Bulldogs legend

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Being a dogs fan I knew Terry Lamb was good but I didn’t realise he was this fucking good. Always thought highly of him as he’s a Bulldogs legend
When I was looking at it, I was actually like fuck Lamb is an absolute machine :tearsofjoy:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
So Inglis is shit cause he didn't score a point and his team lost in a GF that was in 2008 ?
Have never said he was a shit player, it's funny when people spin statements into their own words though.
Surely if Inglis was this super-human freak of a player or "best player to have ever played the game", "always saved his best for the biggest stage" bullshit narrative that has been thrown around this bloke, he would of stood up on GF day and at least made his team competitive? The greatest players do that: I can't recall Joey or Fittler, Daley, Lockyer, Langer etc being complete fucken passengers on GF day- the hugest game of the year-while their team gets absolutely sodomized and embarrassed with the premiership cup up for grabs.
As for it being way back in 2008, people are soggying the Sao over the bloke winning the Clive Churchill medal in 2007! So if 2007 can be used as a measure of his supposed magnificence his absolute failure to produce quality on GF day one year later would be a relevant counter-argument.