Greg Eastwood health scare (heart surgery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Beast will struggle...i don’t expect him to play anymore

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From a liability point of view id find it unlikely for him to get a clearance

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I’m not being harsh I hope he is medically ok for life after football. Though I can’t see the reward in the risk here. 1 season at his age and won’t get another out of us. Retire and be safe with your health, get the pay out from Medical and we can use huge $$$ to be smart e.g sign Cogger/Sezer asap and go throw rts 1mil for 2019 on with graham off the books then to!

Rts
Foran
Sezer/Cogger
Lichaa

Allows us to move Mbye to centre to replace jmoz.

Damn straight.

We then got jmoz and bmoz money to go throw at Papalii and a good winger!

Out : Eastwood, bmoz, jmoz, Graham’s coin

In : Papalii, rts, not sure who’s available but I’d go for fusitua or even Rona or someone for wing.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh I’m not being harsh I hope he is medically ok for life after football. Though I can’t see the reward in the risk here. 1 season at his age and won’t get another out of us. Retire and be safe with your health, get the pay out from Medical and we can use huge $$$ to be smart e.g sign Cogger/Sezer asap and go throw rts 1mil for 2019 on with graham off the books then to!

Rts
Foran
Sezer/Cogger
Lichaa

Damn straight.

Out : Eastwood, bmoz, jmoz, Graham’s coin

In : Papalii, rts, not sure who’s available but I’d go for fusitua or even Rona or someone for wing.
Why pay for someone who cant crack it for a game in the worst team in the NRL?
Sezar seems to cause friction where ever he goes.
And Papalli is an overweight 10 minute player.
Not for me.

Reactions: DT

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont see the facination with Papalli. He isnt the player he once was, im sure there are plenty of other guys worth looking at. Including our own guys coming through.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel bad for saying it but I hope he gets medically retired. He is a top bloke and I wish him all the best, but he is wasting waaaaay too much of our valuable cap space.

Reactions: DT
A

Alexander the Great

I feel bad for saying it but I hope he gets medically retired. He is a top bloke and I wish him all the best, but he is wasting waaaaay too much of our valuable cap space.
but also took massive under's for the forst two years to help us out. either way the club put him in this shit situation.
hasler did it at manly and now fucked us up for the next two years.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury forward Greg Eastwood yet to receive green light for 2018 following serious heart scare

CANTERBURY forward Greg Eastwood is yet to receive approval to play this season following a serious heart scare that has restricted him to light duties.

Bulldogs officials confirmed Eastwood hadn’t been given the green light for 2018 and will be monitored after he underwent surgery to correct an abnormal heart rate, which occurred while he was driving to training prior to Christmas.

The heart episode also forced the New Zealand international to momentarily go blind while driving.

After completing successful surgery, Eastwood received the all-clear to return to light duties at the Bulldogs in late December.

He has since resumed training to prepare for this season, but he is currently relegated to gym and cardio work only.

The Bulldogs want to take a cautious approach with the former Test star and slowly rebuild his fitness before contemplating a comeback to full-contact training and playing.

This places a cloud over Eastwood’s hopes of continuing his career into a 13th season.

Despite the challenges, the former Brisbane Broncos and Leeds Rhinos forward remains optimistic about his future in the game.

“I definitely want to continue my career,” Eastwood told The Daily Telegraph late last year.

“I’m only 30 and I’ve still got a bit to offer so that is what I’ll be pushing for.

“I’ll build up with a bit of cardio for the next couple of weeks and then I’ll see the doctor again after Christmas and hopefully he gives me the all-clear.

“But anything to do with the heart is pretty scary — you need it to live.

“The club have been really good though. They have made sure I’ve looked after my health before footy and whatever I need to do they let me do it. That has been greatly appreciated.”

Eastwood, contracted at Canterbury until the end of 2018, is also motivated to recover from his heart scare so he can work alongside new Bulldogs coach Dean Pay.

“Dean has been great — all the boys love him,” he said. “He has sat everyone down individually and told them what he wants.

“We are training really hard, but Dean has been fair with a couple of days off here and there.

“He is good to communicate with. He said if you have problems to come and be honest with him and the boys are enjoying that.

“Now I hope I can repay Dean by getting on the field.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/7965faccee574322b8f35d7ae70c6516

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but also took massive under's for the forst two years to help us out. either way the club put him in this shit situation.
hasler did it at manly and now fucked us up for the next two years.
Hasler sure did fuck us but beasty will get his cash either way

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dunno what you lads are on about with Papalii. He’s a fucking weapon and punches out quality for far longer then 10 mins despite being a big unit. Main reason we need that. We have size but not like him and not as high as quality of player outside of klemmer woods and jacko and none like that. Eastwood’s paid that cash. I’d rather of got
Crichton but Papalii is next best available.

Ideally someone like Fualalo makes a big step forward again and we can use it to sign a star to partner Foran and go hard for rts and a winger like joey Manu to replace the Morris bros and shift Mbye to centre

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eastwood needs to put his health and family first. Take the money and soak up the sun son!

Fk we are going to have a serious war chest for 2019!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eastwood needs to put his health and family first. Take the money and soak up the sun son!

Fk we are going to have a serious war chest for 2019!
I hope our team this year plays to its potential and beyond just making the 8. Id like to think with the Morris boys possibly moving on that they give it one last tilt especially jmoz. Hopefully with a healthy cap next year we add at least 2 marquee signings be SERIOUS title contenders 2019.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Rts
Foran
Sezer/Cogger
Lichaa

Damn straight.

Out : Eastwood, bmoz, jmoz, Graham’s coin Kasiano Coin

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He deserves another run... on his game he's up there with the best lock/second rowers in the game. Knows how to break a line wide open, and that lead to points from Barba a few years ago.

Replace Barba with Mbye and all we need is Beast to hit some form.

He's got decent footwork, isn't the slowest bloke for his size, and has a really soft offload.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He deserves another run... on his game he's up there with the best lock/second rowers in the game. Knows how to break a line wide open, and that lead to points from Barba a few years ago.

Replace Barba with Mbye and all we need is Beast to hit some form.

He's got decent footwork, isn't the slowest bloke for his size, and has a really soft offload.
Up there with the best? Mate you're on fucking ketamine if you believe that. He's an average player at best, has been for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.