Greg Eastwood health scare (heart surgery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Two things.
1.most nrl players do f45 in the off season. Many own franchises.

2. I told everyone here 6 months ago that the dogs will plan a reason to get Greg medically retired, so we can drop him, free up 700k in the cap and he walks away with all his money.

Everyone wins
For mind too fin late- all players are signed up!
I wanted Cronk!

Pissed the rioters got him!

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How did it go? Any news anyone ?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/46e9e11bacf9925d305b64613540b02f

Greg Eastwood is on the mend after having surgery to fix an irregular heartbeat.

The Bulldogs lock underwent a minor medical procedure on Monday but is yet to return to training.

Eastwood has sat-out pre-season training for the past two weeks and will need to complete a stress test on Monday before he is cleared to resume training.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope that he's able to get well and resume playing to his potential this year. I love seeing him bust the line after picking up a short ball in traffic. He's not quick, but can smack through the line like a bowling ball when he makes a well timed support run.

I do F45 with my wife....

F for 45 seconds :D
Time enough for three F's and a sandwich.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Does it really though? And what about last year?
Maybe he had it and got worse over time. I have always been asymptomatic last 6 years, which makes shit worse.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this has nothing to do with his performance. If his heart was failing he wouldn’t have been able to play.
Just an irregular heartbeat. Every other **** has it.

It’s obviously NOW progressed to something serious but if that was present during the season he wouldn’t have lasted twenty minutes.

More importantly, does an injury like this, incurred outside of football, deem him ineligible for a medical retirement ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
To answer my own question, I think it does.

Watch the bulldogs doctors get creative and link the two together.

Or watch him get ‘injured’ 5 mins into a trial game next season that ends his career.

For the record, if we bump him for 2018. We should invest in a good forward. Ethan Lowe, or a Pom like Alex Walmsley or even that big French guy. We have good forwards but no depth.

N

Natboy

To answer my own question, I think it does.

Watch the bulldogs doctors get creative and link the two together.

Or watch him get ‘injured’ 5 mins into a trial game next season that ends his career.

For the record, if we bump him for 2018. We should invest in a good forward. Ethan Lowe, or a Pom like Alex Walmsley or even that big French guy. We have good forwards but no depth.
Agreed but we need speed and/or X factor not more forwards.
I’d be watching the parramatta situation closely or target RTS when he comes off contract

Status
Not open for further replies.