Official Greenberg vents frustration over off field incidents and vows crackdown.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
also, i kinda hope someone makes a greenturd banner

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno I don't see him as a leader but he can certainly whack blokes. What we have is a good collective pack of forwards who can hunt as a pack and dominate the middle.
Definitely our best guy at whacking things.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I feel the need to requote myself here.

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTS REGARDING DYLAN NAPA INCIDENT OUT OF THIS THREAD - THANK YOU.
and reference this sticky thread: https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/dylan-napa-threads.111617/

Regarding any other comments on the matter, Andrew Webster (who hates us) from SMH has used "creative license" in regards to the quoting of a so called interview with Greenberg. Fox Sports are using that as a quote as well (based off Webster).

The official NRL statement is in the first post in this thread, and the interview with Greenberg done by Fox Sports is readily available online and does not touch on the subject above either.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenberg and Beattie are as much responsible for damaging the game as the players. Their corrupt, bias, incompetent behaviour and decisions are just as bad as what the players are doing. They need to go both of them.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This 'line in the sand' by those in charge should have been implemented a long time ago if you want to be fair dinkum.

Let's just remember all the wonderful, positive things such as the sexting, the domestic violence, the DUI and speeding, the assaults...I could go on and on and just remind me how they all went????

I will name no names but we all know who they are...

Yep sexting .....sending lewd images via social media....high profile player and team mates of a club that is considered the pride of the league.....action ZERO

DUI and speeding, another pride of the league and a role model to 'his people'........no conviction under the law after a reference tendered by one of the keepers of the game...

Player who assaulted and terrorised female victims in the USA....after a twelve month tenure in Intrust a promotion and contract with one of the biggest clubs in Australia....with the blessing of the keepers of the game..

Sending of a video along the lines of the one currently in the news by a player a little older than the one we are currently hearing about......no fine, no suspension...

Sorry keeper of the game, your cockeyed belief that none of those warranted a punishment such as the one you are threatening to unleash.....get real and stop living in the land of Oz or in Willy Wonkas chocolate factory....

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So ... who do we have awaiting "judgement day"?
Jack Wighton - dealt with.
Greg Inglis - dealt with.
Scott Bolton - dealt with.
Mad Monday - dealt with.
Salmon (Parra) - dealt with
Jack De Belin - awaiting court.
Zane Musgrove - awaiting court.
Michael Chee-Kam - awaiting court?
Dylan Walker - awaiting court.
Jarryd Hayne - awaiting court.

Have I missed anyone who got arrested in the off season?

Maybe the biggest ' criminal' of them all??????;);););)

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So ... who do we have awaiting "judgement day"?
Jack Wighton - dealt with.
Greg Inglis - dealt with.
Scott Bolton - dealt with.
Mad Monday - dealt with.
Salmon (Parra) - dealt with
Jack De Belin - awaiting court.
Zane Musgrove - awaiting court.
Michael Chee-Kam - awaiting court?
Dylan Walker - awaiting court.
Jarryd Hayne - awaiting court.

Have I missed anyone who got arrested in the off season?
Greenberg needs to be dealt with.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There should be a vote of no confidence against Greenberg. Enough is enough. What the hell is this so called commission about?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's all chest beating and flailing the arms around in the air (wacky waving inflatable arm dancing tube man) style.

What the NRL needs is to dump the lot of them and start again and make it VERY clear that:
- If charged with ANY offence you sit out until it is heard in court.
- If found guilty your rights to play NRL in Australia (in any competition) are terminated. That's NSWRL/QRL and all other lower comps.
- If found not guilty you are reinstated to play.
- If caught with drugs you face an additional month out from play as punishment and on second strike contract terminated.

ARLC/NRL need to take control away from the clubs with a blanket policy that the player agrees to abide by once signed on to an NRL / NSWRL / QRL contract.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all chest beating and flailing the arms around in the air (wacky waving inflatable arm dancing tube man) style.

What the NRL needs is to dump the lot of them and start again and make it VERY clear that:
- If charged with ANY offence you sit out until it is heard in court.
- If found guilty your rights to play NRL in Australia (in any competition) are terminated. That's NSWRL/QRL and all other lower comps.
- If found not guilty you are reinstated to play.
- If caught with drugs you face an additional month out from play as punishment and on second strike contract terminated.

ARLC/NRL need to take control away from the clubs with a blanket policy that the player agrees to abide by once signed on to an NRL / NSWRL / QRL contract.
I agree with most of this.
The only issue is that the players need to sit out until their case is heard.
This has merit, but it goes against the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' notion that we operate off.
If a player was charged and awaiting court for several months only to be cleared, it would be hugely detrimental to them and their club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with most of this.
The only issue is that the players need to sit out until their case is heard.
This has merit, but it goes against the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' notion that we operate off.
If a player was charged and awaiting court for several months only to be cleared, it would be hugely detrimental to them and their club.
True but if charged it means that police believe there is enough evidence to proceed to courts.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Charged does not equal guilty - so life should proceed as normal
I realise that, but still... it shows there is some evidence a crime has been committed.

and if they are caught DUI or in the act, or have punched a spouse and there is evidence, that's damning in itself.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet he was willing to provide a character reference for Inglis when he was in court for drink driving. I can't wait for the day he leaves the NRL.
The nrl is a rort thanks to Greenberg, Beattie and News Limited.. The only way Greenberg goes is if he leaves it’s all fixed. You only have to see what’s going on with selective punishment to players and clubs.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you reckon would happen to an Australian cricketer if they got caught snorting cocaine , drink driving or bashing their partner. They cop 12 months for ball tampering for fuck sake. Greenberg needs to go and the new CEO needs to set a standard that this crap isn’t acceptable if players want to be a part of the NRL and be a role model. This offseason has been an embarrassment to the game and it starts with Greenburg and Beattie.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Greenturd, Beattie, et al. could be charged with offensive conduct (the same charge as Elliot and Fine) for f@$king the NRL in full view of the general public?

Reactions: K E

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenburg Todd... next!!

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realise that, but still... it shows there is some evidence a crime has been committed.

and if they are caught DUI or in the act, or have punched a spouse and there is evidence, that's damning in itself.

I get what your saying but It’s a dangerous precedent asking the NRL to be the judge, duty and executioner before a fair trial. They cant even get a root in a brothel with a fist full of fifties let alone cast the die on someone’s livelihood.

If I’m not mistaken didn’t Brett Stewart suffer a similar fate under gallop?