Greenberg tried it

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the words of Alestorn to Toddy and crew.

"Fuck you, you're a fucking wanker
We're gonna punch you right in the balls
Fuck you with a fucking anchor
You're all *****, so fuck you all"

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If we had a won a comp between 2006 and 2019 we may have not found ourselves in the current predicament; weak, broke and without a major sponsor.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will be glad when the greenturd has gone.!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't think Greenberg is wrong by saying clubs attached to leagues clubs will hurt due to the Rona - of course they will!
Equally I don't see how privately owned clubs are in a better position. Who's going to pour millions in in the current environment other than the governing body to save the sport?

Why do some believe Greenberg has it in for us?
He left the club to further his own career - it's not like he was fired or anything...
Because since he has had the NRL job we seem to get tougher penalties for everything than other clubs get. Always being made an example of. Its like hes trying to show he isnt biased from being our CEO, by going too far the other way with it.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What so anything before 2006 means diddly squat??
If we had a won a comp between 2006 and 2019 we may have not found ourselves in the current predicament; weak, broke and without a major sponsor.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about all that coin in the pokies, can't they just smash open a couple of them? lol

And I'm no business man nor a tax accountant, but once all this is over aren't we more likely to recover quicker?
The clubs have huge assets - both Bulldogs and Panthers over $200 million, which can be used as collateral against short term borrowing in need.
The loss declared by the club that has been splashed across the newspapers is an accounting loss due to the rebuild costs for the renovations and improvements. It does not indicating a club trading at a loss.
The poker machines will be going gangbusters once the lockdowns are lifted.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
first of all its natural human instinct to want to see your previous employers or partners not do so well once you are not involved anymore, with Greenberg who is obsessed with public perception it is everything

like I said he did everything he could to shit how the club was run previous to himself, even blaming his inability to get a major sponsor during the global financial crisis on the club

so now lets fast forward to his time at the nrl, the bulldogs coming into 2014 had a larger forward pack with eastwood, Pritchard, trex filling out the backrow and ennis playing 80 minutes, so any rule that limited rest periods could be described as hurting us more than most, interestingly the nrl brings in the 40/20 quick tap, the quick 20m restart tap and scrum/drop out shot clocks

fox sports actually used the bulldogs as an example of teams wasting time when explaining the need for scrum clocks, so that one at least is an anti bulldog rule

the 40/20 quick tap rule was abolished by Greenberg immediately after the bulldogs were the ones to benefit from it in a controversial moment against parramatta in 2014, so you have rules that could have been brought in to hurt us and being taken away when we benefit

the anti bulldog block play rule of 2013 has also been reduced since barba left and we don't run it anymore

now onto south Sydney emotional support at our expense, im sure any astute bulldog fan will have noticed this one

in 2014 against south Sydney ennis was all over them, and the referee called out ennis a few times to caution him about the team a few times, it was pretty standard stuff but the media was all over it on the weekend and Greenberg chimed in

i remember this incident because I hate Greenberg so much, 3 times ennis was called out by the referee when he was minding his own business and one of those times it was the bulldogs possession anyway so we are disadvantaged, but all that becomes ennis badgering the referee for an unfair advantage somehow

then during the grand final souths are allowed to receive extra emotional support by being able to ring their bell to get the crowd going and to further signal that this was their grand final to be won or that we were not just as special, clear cut favouritism

then in 2015 after our black Friday situation, he went on footy show to explain why the bulldogs got an unfair advantage from the referees and ignored all of the souths calls, its as if he had it in for us

other rule changes include reducing the proposed salary cap once the bulldogs had committed and creating a coaching staff salary cap when we had the expensive coaching staff, both times im sure to limit us specifically
Just to add to the point with the 2014 grand final, let's not overlook that the crowd was deliberately overstacked with Souths supporters via deliberate ticket sales manipulation from the NRL.

Previous seasons the NRL sold some grand final tickets earlier in the season then closed salesin August. That year they left the sales open right through to theend of the semi finals. They scheduled Souths vs Roosters on the Fri night gf qualifier and we played Penrith on the Saturday night. Then they kept selling tickets before the Friday game (when I bought my ticket in faith of a Bulldogs win, as I was worried a Souths win would mean no tickets would be left).

After Souths won, over 5000 tickets were snapped up just in the first hour after the game. Plenty more went after that. Tickets continued to be sold up until the Saturday night after our win before the NRL closed sales on the Sunday morning, before releasing the remaining tickets on the Monday - seriously WTF was the point of that decision!

Needless to say we were outnumbered so badly, that not even any home Souths game I can recall had so few away supporters.

As we were stubborn they gave Souths tactical penalties particularly in the lead up to the final 15 minutes to ensure we ran out of steam, and then to rub salt into the wound they fined us for delaying the game.This was despite the pre match intl band starting over 15-20 minutes later than their scheduled start time.

You don't have to pull out the specific examples as to why Greenberg has tried to fuck us up, to see that he has it in for us. I don't think it's about being seen as the better CEO, probably more so toeing the line with the key stakeholders that fund the game who hate us. Whatever the reason, he hates us now and has shown he will try to screw us over at any opportunity while playing favourites to other clubs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to add to the point with the 2014 grand final, let's not overlook that the crowd was deliberately overstacked with Souths supporters via deliberate ticket sales manipulation from the NRL.

Previous seasons the NRL sold some grand final tickets earlier in the season then closed salesin August. That year they left the sales open right through to theend of the semi finals. They scheduled Souths vs Roosters on the Fri night gf qualifier and we played Penrith on the Saturday night. Then they kept selling tickets before the Friday game (when I bought my ticket in faith of a Bulldogs win, as I was worried a Souths win would mean no tickets would be left).

After Souths won, over 5000 tickets were snapped up just in the first hour after the game. Plenty more went after that. Tickets continued to be sold up until the Saturday night after our win before the NRL closed sales on the Sunday morning, before releasing the remaining tickets on the Monday - seriously WTF was the point of that decision!

Needless to say we were outnumbered so badly, that not even any home Souths game I can recall had so few away supporters.

As we were stubborn they gave Souths tactical penalties particularly in the lead up to the final 15 minutes to ensure we ran out of steam, and then to rub salt into the wound they fined us for delaying the game.This was despite the pre match intl band starting over 15-20 minutes later than their scheduled start time.

You don't have to pull out the specific examples as to why Greenberg has tried to fuck us up, to see that he has it in for us. I don't think it's about being seen as the better CEO, probably more so toeing the line with the key stakeholders that fund the game who hate us. Whatever the reason, he hates us now and has shown he will try to screw us over at any opportunity while playing favourites to other clubs.
Souths had a cruisy as f*ck ride all season, you could always pick the moments where they would receive a piggy back penalty, which made it very hard for teams to maintain any pressure on them, and then of course the one team who had their number all season (NTH Qld) were dudded in the finals series, while we limped in and were made to look embarrassing. Anybody who believes 2014 was not set up for the "Pride of the league" is kidding themselves

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
In 2014 their was a real tidal wave of red and green and it was great to see for us.

we had gone 30 years without a grand final appearance, been kicked out and not had a premiership for years beforehand. You can't take that from us.
Next time it will be the bulldogs day, I'm sure.
I am confused by this. I never know how I should be reading a Nasheed reply... Are you also a Souffs fan?

Gunnasmc

Waterboy
Reaction score
oh and add that cup of coffee Greenberg had with burgess before suspending his $10k fine to the souths emotional support argument

whenever the bulldogs are up for fines greenbergs doesn't have coffee with us, $250k for having a traditional Mad Monday celebration and $20k for us being late a few minutes in the 2014 grand final
Let’s face it, old mate wouldn’t have many friends. Maybe it was a case of Rabbits being smart enough to to invite him for coffee.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
people believe Greenberg has it in for us because Greenberg has it in for us

if you don't see how privately owned clubs are in a better position then why would Greenberg suggest it? (answer: he has it in for us)

btw he joined the club to further his own career, get it right
Honestly I think the whole Greenturd hating us is kind of like having your parent be your boss at work. Everyone expects them to show favoritism, so to combat that, they go the other way.

I remember when I was in primary school, we had this girl in my grade who I had a massive kid crush on, and her mother was my teacher. The daughter was not allowed to be in her mothers class due to these issues.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly I think the whole Greenturd hating us is kind of like having your parent be your boss at work. Everyone expects them to show favoritism, so to combat that, they go the other way.

I remember when I was in primary school, we had this girl in my grade who I had a massive kid crush on, and her mother was my teacher. The daughter was not allowed to be in her mothers class due to these issues.
Did you kiss?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To my mind Souths have been favoured and given preferential treatment since 2014 - watch games that the Doggies are not involved in and you have no interest in the result its much easier to be objective - Souths appear to get the favours.
Off the field minimal or no consequences for discretions and in fact at times the league hierarchy plays advocacy for Souths players despite their repeated actions - cf Inglis.
Ringing of the bell was my first clue as to Souths situation became obvious after that.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To my mind Souths have been favoured and given preferential treatment since 2014 - watch games that the Doggies are not involved in and you have no interest in the result its much easier to be objective - Souths appear to get the favours.
Off the field minimal or no consequences for discretions and in fact at times the league hierarchy plays advocacy for Souths players despite their repeated actions - cf Inglis.
Ringing of the bell was my first clue as to Souths situation became obvious after that.
I don't think it has been as bad lately as it was.. as I mentioned in my post, you could always tell when Souths were going to receive piggy back penalties, always when an opposition was getting the upperhand.. used to make me fkn sick.

The GI situation bothers me so much, especially now.. I mean it's one thing to be drunk behind the wheel, but to be THAT drunk, could have been so deadly.. for Todd to give him a glowing reference for court over it just shows what sort of character he is

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Souths fans in the family, and they are the same as us with their thinking about the refs being against their team. Watching Bunnies games with them, when we're not the opposition, I can see that they cop dud calls as much as any team - especially when they play the Chooks.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Souths fans in the family, and they are the same as us with their thinking about the refs being against their team. Watching Bunnies games with them, when we're not the opposition, I can see that they cop dud calls as much as any team - especially when they play the Chooks.
I think all supporters feel that way - its a such n emotional attachment to your team - my point is that I don't think the Dogs get more or ;less dud calls than other teams and when watching games where I have no emotional or financial interest in the result - Souths generally do well.