Official Green Released

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're listed as top 30? I've only just saw the contracted list now.
Thought Doorey would have been upgraded.
None of the other team lists had development players though so might just be the way the info is displayed on nrl.com
Might be wishful thinking on my part - i just cant see any of those three playing first grade at the level required

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Na just not a good bloke. Could've medically retired 5 times over, but was busting his ass to help us out..... Oh hang on, he fucked off as soon as the million dollar cheques run out.
Tell ya story walking mate
You're not right. Why would Foran medically retire when he still wants to play footy? Foran not retiring at the end of his contract with us proves he wants to play on (obviously). Why should Foran retire early because some fools put him on ~1m a year. Foran is also 30 whereas Green is 34. You're sending your hate to the wrong people.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still think only 25 spots are 100% confirmed in our top 30. I'm pretty sure we can change our top 30 (Doorey, Roumanos, Harding, Katoa) up until a certain date. I find it hard to believe we've only left 1 roster spot left when we should be sitting on a decent amount of $.

Last edited:

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not right. Why would Foran medically retire when he still wants to play footy? Foran not retiring at the end of his contract with us proves he wants to play on (obviously). Why should Foran retire early because some fools put him on ~1m a year. Foran is also 30 whereas Green is 34. You're sending your hate to the wrong people.
I am right Kieren. You're not a good bloke.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blake Green has taken priority
Im hearing the green deal is not happening now
Source: same dude who told me he was going to sign a month before he did
Boom
This is what proper oil look like
Not your dads disappointed at u cause u spend all your time giggling on the computer in the family room oil

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah me too....earlier I compared Mansour to a shorter version of Okunbor. They both make good meters but all too often they come up with stupid handling errors and bad defensive reads. They're both meh players IMO

But I have a feeling Penrith want us to take Mansour off their hands and in return they will release Burton to us. The delay is probably relating to how much we pay. This is just my guess.

I would prefer Chricton (not going to happen) or Naden but most likely it will be Mansour. While I wouldn't be thrilled with that outcome, if it gets us Burton for 21, I can live with it.
I'm hoping that there's a 3-way trade in the works, so we take Burton and Mansour, then trade Mansour to Storm for JAC plus cash, or something

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all we need now is to release napa he wasting our cap!!!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good news indeed, that’s one back flip that shall work in our favour.!!!
TBAZ will sort it.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs backflip: Blake Green to stay with Newcastle Knights
Canterbury had signed the veteran half on a one-year deal but a serious injury forced both parties into a rethink.

Blake Green’s return to Belmore has lasted just nine days with Canterbury officially releasing the injured half.
The Bulldogs had signed the veteran half on a one-year deal earlier this year as cover for Kieran Foran before Green ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament soon after, forcing both parties into a rethink. Canterbury will make an announcement later today.
Green is expected to stay on with Newcastle after joining the club mid-season from the New Zealand Warriors.

Blake Green will remain in Newcastle. Picture: Ashley Feder/Getty Images
The 34-year-old may have a dual coaching/playing role with the Knights but will miss the early part of the 2021 season because of the injury.
Green’s arrival was supposed to be a homecoming of sorts having played for Canterbury in 2010, but The Daily Telegraph last month revealed Green could backflip on his deal to remain in Newcastle.
The Bulldogs have since signed Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan and are pursuing Penrith’s Matt Burton.
Bulldogs backflip: Blake Green to stay with Newcastle Knights
Canterbury had signed the veteran half on a one-year deal but a serious injury forced both parties into a rethink.

Blake Green’s return to Belmore has lasted just nine days with Canterbury officially releasing the injured half.
The Bulldogs had signed the veteran half on a one-year deal earlier this year as cover for Kieran Foran before Green ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament soon after, forcing both parties into a rethink. Canterbury will make an announcement later today.
Green is expected to stay on with Newcastle after joining the club mid-season from the New Zealand Warriors.

The 34-year-old may have a dual coaching/playing role with the Knights but will miss the early part of the 2021 season because of the injury.
Green’s arrival was supposed to be a homecoming of sorts having played for Canterbury in 2010, but The Daily Telegraph last month revealed Green could backflip on his deal to remain in Newcastle.
The Bulldogs have since signed Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan and are pursuing Penrith’s Matt Burton.
Keep the good news coming, we need them more than ever