Official Green Released

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think you’re right there’s no way Tui Katoa, Harding or Roumonos should be taking up a spot in the top 30.
Katoa is not too bad as a backup as opposed to a long term proposition, but the other two based on what i have seen are not close to fg

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I could be wrong but Tui Katoa Harding and Roumanos are still on development contracts so hopefully 4 or five spots left.
They're listed as top 30? I've only just saw the contracted list now.
Thought Doorey would have been upgraded.
None of the other team lists had development players though so might just be the way the info is displayed on nrl.com

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if those last 2 spots get filled by burton and JAC then we will make the 8
That would be nice but it will probably be Burton and Mansour...Penrith will probably say you cant have one without the other

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be nice but it will probably be Burton and Mansour...Penrith will probably say you cant have one without the other
Geez I hope not, really don't want mansour at the club, I don't even rate him as a decent player compared to other wingers, I would rather give reimus another shot next year to change his attitude up

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All things considered this is good news. I thought he might have been a player that surprised a few doubters by providing something of a calming influence on a squad that can become an error machine when under pressure. And while I'm not on the Flanagan hype train, I am hoping that my opinion quickly changes when he's leading the team around. Whether Burton is here next year or ever, I'll be hoping that Barrett can improve Lewis, Wakeham or Averillo enough to have at least 3 competitive halves pushing for selection all year.

Good luck to Green with his year at Newcastle.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As soon as I heard Trent and Greene were good mates, I knew Greene would do the right thing. Heaps better bloke than Foran. Thanks Greeny
If there was another club willing to pay Foran's 1.2m (or contribute more than half that amount and we pay the rest, if we'd even do that, also no one was going to do that) as well as an extension or offer something after football Foran would of left too. Please don't compare the two.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez I hope not, really don't want mansour at the club, I don't even rate him as a decent player compared to other wingers, I would rather give reimus another shot next year to change his attitude up
Yeah me too....earlier I compared Mansour to a shorter version of Okunbor. They both make good meters but all too often they come up with stupid handling errors and bad defensive reads. They're both meh players IMO

But I have a feeling Penrith want us to take Mansour off their hands and in return they will release Burton to us. The delay is probably relating to how much we pay. This is just my guess.

I would prefer Chricton (not going to happen) or Naden but most likely it will be Mansour. While I wouldn't be thrilled with that outcome, if it gets us Burton for 21, I can live with it.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there was another club willing to pay Foran's 1.2m (or contribute more than half that amount and we pay the rest, if we'd even do that, also no one was going to do that) as well as an extension or offer something after football Foran would of left too. Please don't compare the two.
Na just not a good bloke. Could've medically retired 5 times over, but was busting his ass to help us out..... Oh hang on, he fucked off as soon as the million dollar cheques run out.
Tell ya story walking mate

rfs

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Blake Green have reached an agreement that will see the five-eighth remain with the Newcastle Knights for the 2021 season, on the back of Kyle Flanagan moving to Belmore for the next three years.

Green signed a one year contract for the 2020 season at Belmore shortly before he suffered a major ACL injury for the Knights in his third game back against the Cowboys last season.

In regard to Green remaining in Newcastle for next season, Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill was quick to praise the veteran five-eighth:

"When we signed Blake we were really looking forward to the experience and teaching abilities that he could bring to our club for next season and the effect that could have on our young halves.

It was heartbreaking to see Blake suffer an ACL injury when he did and I know how disappointed he was at the timing.

I must really thank Blake for the integrity he has shown during this whole process so that the decision could be made early enough for us to sign Kyle Flanagan.

Everyone at the club sincerely wishes him and his family all the best for the future."

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t care either way it was only one season on fuk all dollars hahah I remember everyone on this forum in a meltdown when they announced his signing