Green light for Bulldogs mass cleanout in Trent Barrett's first season

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I understand the salary side of things. But don’t understand the player count of things. If we pay out his contract which would be part of the cap. But release him from his contract. Doesn’t that open a space with us????
And what of the Harding issue?
Is he no longer in the 30?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He will still count in the cap....
His salary, fair enough, but the actual spot in the 30? It doesn't get freed up?

Have we officially declared the top 30 we have atm which could let us off that rule?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sweet, get it done TBAZ, just do what you gotta do to make our doggies a huge force again.!!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His salary, fair enough, but the actual spot in the 30? It doesn't get freed up?

Have we officially declared the top 30 we have atm which could let us off that rule?
Harding was taken from top 30. Why cant Crichton be relegated to reggies.?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

As far as I know, we dont have '30' in the top 30, only 28.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As far as I know, we dont have '30' in the top 30, only 28.
Its called Top 30 even tho we only have 28 players (apparently).

Still waiting to have the Harding situation explained to us from the club.

If clubs can pay out contracts. Cop the sc penalty but reduce their roster numbers, then it seems a good idea if the player wants to move on for better opportunities.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
="Haza, post: 3942309, member: 5763"]
Pay out his contract and then release him
[/QUOTE]
You have to pay out his contract to remove him from the top 30 even though his copped season ending injury? What the fuk? This top 30 system is a joke, players in nsw cup need an incentive to be able to perform knowing they can be brought up to play first grade at any time of the year....remember the days when u could kill it in reserve grade and be picked to play first grade the next week?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

He’s in the top 30 and even though he’s injured he’s treated the same as any other player and would need to go through the usually process to get a release. I doubt Critchton is going to be very keen to give up $100k+ when it’s the last year of his deal and he’s done his ACL.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s in the top 30 and even though he’s injured he’s treated the same as any other player and would need to go through the usually process to get a release. I doubt Critchton is going to be very keen to give up $100k+ when it’s the last year of his deal and he’s done his ACL.
Yeah no one voluntarily gives up money like that. Cant retire him bc he wants to carry on with his career but snowballs chance in hell of him being re-signed with us I guess. I certainly dont want him dudded.

There needs to be an out for clubs re their long term injured players taking up valuable top 30 spots.

As usual don't look to the NRLol to effectively sort it lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah no one voluntarily gives up money like that. Cant retire him bc he wants to carry on with his career but snowballs chance in hell of him being re-signed with us I guess. I certainly dont want him dudded.

There needs to be an out for clubs re their long term injured players taking up valuable top 30 spots.

As usual don't look to the NRLol to effectively sort it lol
Yeah it’s a bit ridiculous there isn’t some type of injury replacement system. I guess they are scared it will be rorted. Even the bloody A League has injury replacements!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a bit ridiculous there isn’t some type of injury replacement system. I guess they are scared it will be rorted. Even the bloody A League has injury replacements!
If the club doctor and independent medical professional, or the surgeon who did the operation, separately assessed the player's injuries, that should be legit.

Too hard for NRLol :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought there was? Wasn't that how Manu was supposedly signing with us?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I thought Manu was just train and trial deal?
I remember reading it in an article, I could be wrong though..said we could sign an injury replacement on minimum wage because Crichton had been ruled out for the entire season. He didn't play in the trial though so idk what's going on.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. But if the top 30 does not have a relegation process, the top 30 may contain the same players.
New players cannot be added unless there is a vacancy.