Greatest cover tackle of all time?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Normally cannot stand rugby but Koroibete fck me - left winger making the tackle on the right touchline has to be about the best I've ever seen in any code.
Stupidly brilliant.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
None are as good as the Rugby one and the 2nd - might have missed the FB standing in front - so try saver is a bit much.

Love me some Archbishop of Canterbury but just calling a spade a spade.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Big deal a rugby player actually made a one on one tackle and it makes back page headlines says plenty about the state of the game.
Turvey all day love the man.
A bit better than your average one in one tackle, don’t you think?

He gad no right to make that tackle. How anyone could not appreciate it is beyond me.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
A bit better than your average one in one tackle, don’t you think?

He gad no right to make that tackle. How anyone could not appreciate it is beyond me.
Dude has taken off in that direction at full tilt the moment the ball went left.

And extra points for the look on the Saffa's face when he could see it coming. One of those - fck me - this is gunna hurt.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Amazing to get there from the other side..the awareness is something to be admired aswell.. However, knowing a rugby winger might need help tackling wouldn’t take much brain power..lol.. In all seriousness though absolutely superb!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tackling a stationary tackle bad doesn’t count..
I know JAC has been a bit below his best for the past few weeks, but calling him a stationary tackle bag is a bit uncalled for.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know JAC has been a bit below his best for the past few weeks, but calling him a stationary tackle bag is a bit uncalled for.
Oh no not JAC you missed him..the bags were left over from a previous drill..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 2 cover tackles that Steve Mortimer and Steve Morris made against each other in the 79 Grandfinal have to be up there..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The 2 cover tackles that Steve Mortimer and Steve Morris made against each other in the 79 Grandfinal have to be up there..
Steve Mortimer had so many..and on much bigger men. His tackles on a rampaging Grothe we’re legendary..

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer had so many..and on much bigger men. His tackles on a rampaging Grothe we’re legendary..
In Les Johns and Turvey we have had two of the best copybook try saving tacklers ever.

Ron Coote is another who springs to mind.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In Les Johns and Turvey we have had two of the best copybook try saving tacklers ever.

Ron Coote is another who springs to mind.
Never got to see Johns of Coote but I’ve heard of their greatness particularly Coote..