Great ending to the year

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Overs = paying a large enough sum to attract a player from a rival. IMO it's 200-300k for marquee players. 100-200k for average to decent players.
So if we wanted Koroisau (I'm not 100% what he signed at the Panthers for, but lets say 500k) 600-700k. If we wanted Ramien also 600-700k.
I believe we're the last Sydney club a player will sign for.
I'm not sure why Foran and other back ended deals are brought up.
So you think we’re the last Sydney club a player will sign for, that’s just LOL! Is that how low you rate our club? Give me a break

Foran has been brought up in this topic because it’s the very definition of what paying overs is.

What are you going on about paying $100k to $200k for average players? Do you actually think we paid overs for Britt or Stimpson. Please mate, this is all taking a stab in the dark.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paying "overs" examples would be;

Ash Taylor
Corey Norman
Ben Hunt
Mitchell Moses
Matt Moylan
Shaun Johnson
Thank you very much. Exactly!

Our club won’t be paying ridiculous amounts of cash to players that are not worth it. Just so I can remind a few on here Des and Dib are not running the show anymore.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Exactly!

Our club won’t be paying ridiculous amounts of cash to players that are not worth it. Just so I can remind a few on here Des and Dib are not running the show anymore.
Well it's great to know we're the only club in today's game that isn't going to do that (bar Storm and Roosters of course, even tho they even signed Crichton for 1m).

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think finishing the year the way we have also makes us much more appealing in recruitment as we are definitely building something and the future is looking great

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They gave it to ANOTHER top 8 team, and we gave it to that fucking idiot Jamie Sowed & all those other Dick heads who predicted we would finish Last, Well done my beloved Dogs. I'm very proud to be Bulldog, have a great off season boys see you next year
He is in the media as he was on the field:

‘Soward’s a wanker’....

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well it's great to know we're the only club in today's game that isn't going to do that (bar Storm and Roosters of course, even tho they even signed Crichton for 1m).
Did one of the board of directors at the Roosters tell you what Crichton was on?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So you think we’re the last Sydney club a player will sign for, that’s just LOL! Is that how low you rate our club? Give me a break

Foran has been brought up in this topic because it’s the very definition of what paying overs is.

What are you going on about paying $100k to $200k for average players? Do you actually think we paid overs for Britt or Stimpson. Please mate, this is all taking a stab in the dark.
I agree. I reckon players would come to the Dogs before the Tigers. Madge is a good coach and ultimately will likely build a good team - but right now he’s cleaning up Cleary’s shitshow. Cleary will destroy the Panthers too - no wonder Gus walked. The last 8 weeks showed the Dogs tenacity and that’s attractive. Hopefully 2020 builds further but 2021 will be night and day compared to the last 18 months - and it’s not just cap, it’s culture.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn’t a mil
All reports said 800k

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Yes, I do think we're the last Sydney club a player will sign for. We'll also be tipped bottom 4 again next season (I'll personally predict 2nd/3rd last). I believe $ and results are more important to players then history and culture.

We're not going to back end deals again like we did with Foran, Woods, etc. It just isn't comparable what so ever, we tried to cheat the salary cap (by predicting it's growth years in advance). We'll have to pay a higher flat rate tho.

Any player that we want to sign that another club is interested in we're not going to be able to sign by paying their value (Ramien, Koroisau and Ese'ese, I believe more players will come out over the next few months). There's no reason why they would come to a club in our situation for the same amount of $, as simple as that. Who else was willing to give Britt and Stimson (also no source on Stimson's salary) opportunities when we signed them? I also don't believe these types of players are going to make much of a difference to our results. As it stands I don't think either of them actually make our 17.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's been studying players worth and wagers for years.

Kids a maestro, cut him some slack
Just the last few months. People like you think Cameron Smith would just leave Storm and come here for free.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the last few months. People like you think Cameron Smith would just leave Storm and come here for free.
If i was the dogs recruitment manager no way could i pull it off, but if you were, i would have all the faith in the world that you would get the deal done

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If i was the dogs recruitment manager no way could i pull it off, but if you were, i would have all the faith in the world that you would get the deal done
I'm still waiting for you to give me something regarding attracting players where other clubs are in for the same player(s). If you can't do that then what's the point of replying to me making fun of what I'm saying? I really don't understand. I didn't even start the paying overs on this thread, you and other idiots did.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, I do think we're the last Sydney club a player will sign for. We'll also be tipped bottom 4 again next season (I'll personally predict 2nd/3rd last). I believe $ and results are more important to players then history and culture.

We're not going to back end deals again like we did with Foran, Woods, etc. It just isn't comparable what so ever, we tried to cheat the salary cap (by predicting it's growth years in advance). We'll have to pay a higher flat rate tho.

Any player that we want to sign that another club is interested in we're not going to be able to sign by paying their value (Ramien, Koroisau and Ese'ese, I believe more players will come out over the next few months). There's no reason why they would come to a club in our situation for the same amount of $, as simple as that. Who else was willing to give Britt and Stimson (also no source on Stimson's salary) opportunities when we signed them? I also don't believe these types of players are going to make much of a difference to our results. As it stands I don't think either of them actually make our 17.
Fuck you talk a load of shit.

"We're the least attractive of Sydney clubs" lol what a load of rubbish

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not against signing marquee million dollar players, not only do they strengthen your team immensely they effectively weaken the opposition.
Imagine the Roosters with no Cronk (they don't win the comp last year)
Souths without Cook (No top 4)
Manly without Turbo
Melbourne without Munster/Smith and so forth.

Automatically adds more balance to the competition, always important to remember this factor.

Example- We build our team up and are firing enough to make the GF and play Storm we have Munster they have someone of the calibre of Lewis, who wins?