WWOS MOLE Great Britain Test centre Oliver Gildart wants to play in NRL next season

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need a 9 even holland looked better

Why did we sign katoa give him a shot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He won't take the flu shot so can't play.
That's not true. Cartwright, AFB and Papalli etc haven't and they've been playing. The only time it's an issue is if they play in QLD. Cartwright has special clearance but AFB had to miss their game against Brisbane.

Other than that, even if they didn't get a flu shot they all can and have been playing the games in Sydney.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's not true. Cartwright, AFB and Papalli etc haven't and they've been playing. The only time it's an issue is if they play in QLD. Cartwright has special clearance but AFB had to miss their game against Brisbane.

Other than that, even if they didn't get a flu shot they all can and have been playing the games in Sydney.
Completely agree.

He wouldn't be training with the team, and in the squad if there was an issue with COVID. Why would the club risk that side of it, but never entertain the idea of having him actually play? Nah.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
n asheed here,
i'll ask my friend in taree this weekend his thoughts and get back to you all. he is never wrong and will know.

For me, he will need to be able to bust a move and have muscle to get out of tackles. No one understand this is why Hoppa is so wrong for us, for our team, but wqould be great in other teams.

he seems to be quick enough.

And importantly, hows his defence?

If he can defend and beat tackles then why not?

if he wants to come cheaply, as they sometimes do, then seriously, nothing to lose.

Bateman is friends with him so theres a ripple effect there if we sign bateman.
Wow Nasheed.hoppa is one of our best in attack breaks tackles all the time

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
Honestly, Id prefer Cotric, not many backs have made a successful transition from england to the NRL.
I'd prefer Cotric too. Gildart looks like he has some good pace, but it'd be like risking it all on a gamble when you can have a sure thing

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't watched Cotric much in the centers. Does he have a good catch and pass and can he do the old Gidley flick or is he more of a Ramien/Staggs bulldozing type center?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I haven't watched Cotric much in the centers. Does he have a good catch and pass and can he do the old Gidley flick or is he more of a Ramien/Staggs bulldozing type center?
He's like Gasnier, but better!

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling this guy is a dud , if he was any good you would think that titans would be after him as hoolbrook would have upfront experience if the guy was NRL material as he just came from coaching in the super league