WWOS MOLE Great Britain Test centre Oliver Gildart wants to play in NRL next season

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Britain centre Oliver Gildart is looking to test himself in the NRL next season.

The speedy 23-year-old is under contract to Wigan for 2021 but has a buy-out clause in his deal.

Gildart recently signed with leading Aussie manager Sam Ayoub - indicating that a move to the NRL could be imminent
He is rated among the best centres in Super League, having won two grand finals and a World Club Challenge, as well as playing for England and Great Britain.
There is a shortage of quality centres in the NRL and plenty of clubs would be interested in Gildart.

The Roosters are one club that are likely to look closely at Gildart, with outside backs their priority for 2021.

They have lost Latrell Mitchell this year, are likely to have the Morris twins retire next season and were interested in Sharks centre Bronson Xerri before his positive drug test.

Last year, Leeds veteran Kallum Watkins attempted to make the move, but he was past his best and hampered by knee problems and has returned home after just eight games with the Titans

He a good player the club should trying and get him we need a decent centre got planty of speed and strong in defense something we lack I no

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm scared of signing English backs tbh

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't rate Gildart tbh. Goodluck to him if he comes over, but I think he won't handle the physicality... Would like to be wrong though, also if the Holland rumour is true then this could just be a straight swap.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Britain centre Oliver Gildart is looking to test himself in the NRL next season.

The speedy 23-year-old is under contract to Wigan for 2021 but has a buy-out clause in his deal.

Gildart recently signed with leading Aussie manager Sam Ayoub - indicating that a move to the NRL could be imminent
He is rated among the best centres in Super League, having won two grand finals and a World Club Challenge, as well as playing for England and Great Britain.
There is a shortage of quality centres in the NRL and plenty of clubs would be interested in Gildart.

The Roosters are one club that are likely to look closely at Gildart, with outside backs their priority for 2021.

They have lost Latrell Mitchell this year, are likely to have the Morris twins retire next season and were interested in Sharks centre Bronson Xerri before his positive drug test.

Last year, Leeds veteran Kallum Watkins attempted to make the move, but he was past his best and hampered by knee problems and has returned home after just eight games with the Titans

He a good player the club should trying and get him we need a decent centre got planty of speed and strong in defense something we lack I no
The Raiders scored the best english half in George Williams, and going by his motm performance he'll lead the raiders to a premiership, now going by how we usually go in the recruitment area we will either jag his signature and he will be a dud(look back at our Islander recruit's = shit) or we will miss out and the rorters will have room in their salary sombrero and as per usual he'll be a gun, and we will be stuck with what we have now Lewis (god no).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm scared of signing English backs tbh
People said the same about English halves and look at how well Williams is playing.. Plus Widdop was quite good.

But you're right in that the track record of English outside backs in Australia since the early 90s when we had Connolly and Davies has been horrible.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The question we should be asking is, does Oliver have Deano's phone number?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Rorters are interested, we have no chance. Doesn't matter how big our war chest is, it can't match the sombrero. That and we are a rabble and they aren't.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Watkins and Tomkins were absolutely dreadful, like really shit.
Yh that's why, but really I haven't seen anywhere near enough of ESL to have an opinion on this lol.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
This guy is very classy. Speed to burn like we haven't had for ages.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Got a good combination with George Williams. Maybe if we buy him and with Thompson and maybe Bateman, we can try poach George Williams to the bulldogs by 2022

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Doubt we would be interested, we're traveling as per the marvelous plan we have in place.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass, why dont we sign a couple of centres now, moga aitken coates farnsworth etc, id even take brenko lee back, how desparate is that.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Here are a few that failed but I would like him on a 2-year deal:

Ryan Hall: Sought out by the Roosters and has failed ever since. Has had many chances.

Kallum Watkins: One of the worst players in the comp when he was bought. Made the Titans side go from pouring rain to thunderstorms and high winds.

Sam Tomkins: One of the best Super League players. Destroyed the warriors side lol.

That's only 3 and I'm sure you can name more.

Dakdah

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the Rorters are interested, we have no chance. Doesn't matter how big our war chest is, it can't match the sombrero. That and we are a rabble and they aren't.
We would have to offer double to beat roosters. Seriously, if you were coming over from UK or even already in NRL why would you sign with us over the roosters if the coin was the same. We are a shambles atm and look every bit a 2nd grade side and the roosters could very well go 3 in a row. As much as I love the dogs let’s be realistic, it would be an easy decision.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Here are a few that failed but I would like him on a 2-year deal:

Ryan Hall: Sought out by the Roosters and has failed ever since. Has had many chances.

Kallum Watkins: One of the worst players in the comp when he was bought. Made the Titans side go from pouring rain to thunderstorms and high winds.

Sam Tomkins: One of the best Super League players. Destroyed the warriors side lol.

That's only 3 and I'm sure you can name more.
Roosters have fucked over Ryan Hall the dude is good and would have been an asset to another side...