Grand Final Day - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
To the people saying that the Raiders had heaps of chances to win, or it was the right call to end the set - I’m guessing you’ve played the game at some level because if not, you’re missing the point.

Momentum is everything in RL, especially in games like the GF where it’s a war of attrition and the chances come after the arm wrestle has swayed one way or the other.

That initial call of 6 to go immediately swayed the decision making process and any thought of more phases or a kick in goal went out the window with the thought of an extra set. Doesn’t matter if the “right call” was made, a different call was made initially and the fact that it was overturned in that manner is unforgivable.

The fact that Annesly has come out and defended it makes it so much worse and I feel really bad for supporters of RL in general that we need to cop this shit. The standard of refereeing in bush footy is so much better, laugh at me if you will.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Imagine putting in the hard work starting from the pre-season, through to the gruelling 26 rounds and knockouts... to get to the GF....... only to have one man who shouldn't even be a factor cost you your glory that you worked so hard for.
first thing I would do is complain about it, Canberra captain is a retard who allowed his team to get fucked in the ass

this wouldn't have happened with ennis or graham, they would extract the soul of the referee before letting play go on, they might even get a scrum feed out of it

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the nrl in damage control mode releasing the referee audio with the footage

the nrl always try to protect the honour of the roosters and souths
Fucking idiots! Next minute...... players will need to wear headsets connected to the refs mic!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fucking idiots! Next minute...... players will need to wear headsets connected to the refs mic!
"looks like [insert players name] is down injured. Trainers come up to him. Looks serious, looks like hes got a broken headset."

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Audio is irrelevant anyway we see him waving 6 to go right in front of Wightons face, thats what he went off and all the players that saw it. With 83K ppl at the ground i wouldnt be shocked if they couldnt hear the ref taking it back. Half the players on the field, particularly the ones away from the refs, would play based on whistles and hand signals the refs give only. They wouldnt hear shit. Its obvious by Wightons reactions he didnt hear the reversal
Just listened to the audio, no mistaking that they changed their mind on the call. It actually sounds like the ref is querying whether it is six again, but he clearly signals it. The refs do call it as last tackle a number of times once they finally make a decision, but maybe this gets to the heart of why the game is broken.

The bloke with the whistle can't change his mind while the ball is live, because that can have an impact on the players, who are always told to play to the whistle. The problem is, how often do the refs make a clear live call which turns out to be wrong? Loads right? So how to fix that? Can't go to replays all the time as the game is founded on being fast paced. Instead we have two refs. This is resulting in mixed messages, confusing calls, and changes of decision all while the ball is live.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, I don't think it is very smart to have bet agencies involved with the sport, but the real problem is not payoffs, the fundamental way in which the game is played versus the way they are attempting to officiate is messed up. While there are clear ways to solve the problem, when the options are on the table, no one actually wants to pick any of them.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If the 2 refs today are the best we have, which they must be to be selected for the GF you would think, then the game is in some serious trouble.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't blame that rorters trainer for their first try. He tried to get all of his three heads out of the way, but just couldn't.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Take the mikes and ear pieces away. Then we will see real officialdom

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been watching the footage trying to decide if it legit was 6 again or last tackle, regardless of what the refs said. I can't tell if Tedesco gets anything on it or not. It is impossible to tell from the players body language either. Really just needed a clear call, and once Cummins signalled 6 again he needed to stick with it right or wrong.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Just listened to the audio, no mistaking that they changed their mind on the call. It actually sounds like the ref is querying whether it is six again, but he clearly signals it. The refs do call it as last tackle a number of times once they finally make a decision, but maybe this gets to the heart of why the game is broken.

The bloke with the whistle can't change his mind while the ball is live, because that can have an impact on the players, who are always told to play to the whistle. The problem is, how often do the refs make a clear live call which turns out to be wrong? Loads right? So how to fix that? Can't go to replays all the time as the game is founded on being fast paced. Instead we have two refs. This is resulting in mixed messages, confusing calls, and changes of decision all while the ball is live.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, I don't think it is very smart to have bet agencies involved with the sport, but the real problem is not payoffs, the fundamental way in which the game is played versus the way they are attempting to officiate is messed up. While there are clear ways to solve the problem, when the options are on the table, no one actually wants to pick any of them.
Great post mate. It’s a game played at speed and mistakes are going to be made. We need to live with them and that’s ok, but they’ve got to own those mistakes, not change tack mid play. I don’t give a fuck what audio they roll out, they’ve got this so fundamentally wrong on the biggest stage of the year.
My opinion and I’m always happy for others to disagree, but it’s time to look at going back to one ref. No point in having a multi- million dollar bunker set up if the two muppets on the field can confuse each other.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I want to see how the fox sports commentary thinks of it, they like controversy but they have their orders from Greenberg to stfu about referees

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bill harrigans saying Gerrard sutton was talking too much in the game and he should've shut the Fuck up as he's only pocket referee.

This **** sutton and greenturd need to get the hell out of the game

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The first step in overcoming a problem is to admit you have one. Since they will never admit wrongdoing, the game is fucked.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I want to see how the fox sports commentary thinks of it, they like controversy but they have their orders from Greenberg to stfu about referees
Just like the comms on channel nein they can't be too negative about the game, it is their bread and butter, and cheese, and cake with icing and a cherry on top, and sports car, and 5 bedroom with water views.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is there a trainer on the field 5 minutes in?
To save the roosters ass, that could have been a 12 point turn around! The smirk on the trainers face gave it away for me, great tactics by the roosters to exploit that rule....

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol

I couldnt believe he was just standing there, not tending to anyone close to the play.
To be fair, if a trainer is on ground about the safest place they can be on the 5th tackle is directly behind the player kicking the ball. Even when there is a rare charge down it rarely goes directly behind the kicker. It is definitely worth asking why he was on the ground at all though. He wasn't directing the chooks defense because they had the ball...

Last edited by a moderator: