Graham and Hodkinson ruled out of City squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that must suck for the both of them.

Wade Graham and Trent Hodkinson have today been ruled out of the AAMI City v Country clash in Dubbo.

Graham and Hodkinson were ruled out by team medical staff after failing to recover from niggling injuries.
Darcy Lussick has been brought into the game day 17 along with Cronulla's Michael Lichaa, who was originally named as 18th man.
Fittler has also announced Penrith's Tyrone Peachey as the new 18th man.
The GIO City team wrap up preparations with a light training run in Coogee tomorrow morning before heading out to Dubbo for Sunday's blockbuster.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2014/04/30/graham_and_hodkinson_ruled_out_of_city_squad.html

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only time this game would have any relevance, is if they actually pitted up EVERY NSW player against each other and made them play for positions.

A

Alexander the Great

Great news.
I really don't want him to Risk injury.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Hodko is not seriously injured to warrany spend time on the sidelines. What's the injury anyway?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only time this game would have any relevance, is if they actually pitted up EVERY NSW player against each other and made them play for positions.
Exactly, some of the players in this game are years away from SOO or will never play

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was on the news yest he slipped at training, Hodko said he iced it and would be fit to play nek minit

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always stick up for this but f&&k me, every year 28 players are ruled out yet sure as shit there right for nrl!!! As much as I hate to say it, this game is a joke!!! I feel sorry for the klemmers n such because it really is a dying contest !! And im from the country n love the concept but until they treat it like a serious rep game it won't be any good!!! And before anyone says they were ruled out by there medical staff not the clubs, ask urself if it was nrl or origin would they of been ruled out?????

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the majority of the players and officials won't take this game seriously, how can the fans?

Realisticly we should be seeing NSW's best 34 players playing in this game. If this game was really a NSW Origin trial, it would be amazing to watch.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I always stick up for this but f&&k me, every year 28 players are ruled out yet sure as shit there right for nrl!!! As much as I hate to say it, this game is a joke!!! I feel sorry for the klemmers n such because it really is a dying contest !! And im from the country n love the concept but until they treat it like a serious rep game it won't be any good!!! And before anyone says they were ruled out by there medical staff not the clubs, ask urself if it was nrl or origin would they of been ruled out?????
The game is only a joke for anyone who actually believes that it will feature half the NSW squad + most of the future NSW squad. It doesn't, period. What it does feature is some very good NRL talent playing a one off NSW origin match that frequently delivers great plays and enjoyable action. It does so in a country town, which is of itself a great thing. Most seasons it actually does feature the arrival of a player or two who go on to state and national duties that same year, which is a bonus. May it be championed for many years to come.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a lot of shit, Hokko would be ready on the weekend, he needs this game, he finnished the Knights game standing.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well he had no chance of making it anyway, not because of his form but because daley the hack would of never picked him.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game is only a joke for anyone who actually believes that it will feature half the NSW squad + most of the future NSW squad. It doesn't, period. What it does feature is some very good NRL talent playing a one off NSW origin match that frequently delivers great plays and enjoyable action. It does so in a country town, which is of itself a great thing. Most seasons it actually does feature the arrival of a player or two who go on to state and national duties that same year, which is a bonus. May it be championed for many years to come.
I didn't expect it to feature half of the nsw team what I do get disappointed about is the amount of players that get "ruled out " every year is the bullshit part!!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't blame hodko for pulling out, he's definitely got no chance of wearing the number 7 for the blues.. Daley probably won't even watch the city game, cause he'll be to busy copping double anal from Wayne and Mitchell pierce.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't blame hodko for pulling out, he's definitely got no chance of wearing the number 7 for the blues.. Daley probably won't even watch the city game, cause he'll be to busy copping double anal from Wayne and Mitchell pierce.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
You disgusting, pathetic little grub.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Very disappointed that Hokko is out... was looking forward to seeing him back in City V Country. Watched him live in Port Macquarie in his first appearance for City back in 2010.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't expect it to feature half of the nsw team what I do get disappointed about is the amount of players that get "ruled out " every year is the bullshit part!!!
It's hardly surprising. The threshold for fitness is much higher than for a club match, because that is clearly the only way to get the clubs to continue to support the concept. The rep round weekend is a great chance for club's to get their players with niggles a bit of rest and recovery heading into the middle of the season. The guys operating the country/city gig are realistic enough, they know that names are going to shift around. Adds to the whole theater of the thing.

We've got more than enough of our blokes involved. This is one game, along with the internationals this weekend, in which I'm happy to see our blokes playing, has much less impact on the Doggies than the dunderheaded SOO setup. Will be fun watching some of our blokes in the much more improvised situation of country/city.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as selection for this clash may be an honor for emerging players, as a football fan i really don't care for the game for a few simple reasons.

1. It's not really counting for origin selection when pre selected players aren't expected to get involved.

2. The NRL spent no effort finding the best coaches. Barret may eventually get a role somewhere and has not disgraced himself publicly to my knowledge, I would prefer him over Daley as Origin coach to be honest. But Fittler failed miserably as a coach and disgraced himself with his behavior. I am ashamed that the NRL have allowed him to be associated with this coaching gig. At this point in time sex scandals and bad behavior are jumped on by the media, yet we have a coach who is stupid enough to have stripped naked after following a lady back to her room knocked on the door and offered her sex. His pickup line was allegedly "But i'm Brad Fittler" when she asked him to leave. This lady had her husband and kids in the room FFS. This guy is expected to be a strong influence on the players yet hasn't learned how to behave himself i get annoyed that he's still smiled upon by the media.

3. Over half the players involved for country would have spent a big part of their junior development in the city anyway so i doubt they would care much for which side they play for. Just another pay day for most of them.

4. High risk of injury to potential NSW playing roster and for individual clubs who have players representing.

5. Many clubs and players, ours included, find the concept a joke now and won't get involved due to the injury risk and the fact that playing City v Country does not make you a front runner for an origin jersey. The selectors will already have a rough idea of who they want and will observe their club games before worrying about a one off clash or just go with useless incumbents regardless of their form (cough Gidley/Pearce).

I do usually switch this game on if I have nothing else to do at the time and we have some players in the teams, but it usually takes me a few minutes to even remember which side is which. I'd be pretty annoyed if we lost a key player to a gimmick that the players don't seem to care much for these days.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I realise how important the CRL is and that the NRL need to give something back to them but this is becoming a total farce.

They need to come up with another way to give back to the country as this clearly isn't the answer anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.