News Govt votes to keep companies who received jobkeeper secret.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why can't taxpayers have some transparency for their taxpayer dollars. Our Govt always votes for secrecy. Why? It should be a mandated law.

Companies that received JobKeeper during COVID-19 pandemic to remain secret after federal government rejects bill

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would suspect on both sides too many donors and related entities associated with the politicians themselves.

I think there is certainly no issue with naming public companies who receive welfare, as well as any entity who is caught gaming the system.
Not too sure but I think one of the conditions that had to be met was showing a 30% decrease in revenue from the same period the previous financial year. I find it hard to believe that companies who had record profits had such a loss in revenue (the exception being I haven't taken into account when these companies applied for jobkeeper, therefore the comparisons of quarters to previous year quarters could show a decrease).

Jobkeeper itself was rushed legislation, no one knew what was coming during the pandemic, we could only assume based on what we saw overseas (at the time Spain and Italy where hit with high infections), however I find it inexcusable that the government made no amendments or tweaks to jobkeeper during it's course, to capture this spending of public money unnecessarily.

Meanwhile the hounding of the poor with robodebt and refusal to increase jobseeker, show that they can tighten the purse strings or send out the debt hounds when they want and it's convenient for them.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not too sure but I think one of the conditions that had to be met was showing a 30% decrease in revenue from the same period the previous financial year. I find it hard to believe that companies who had record profits had such a loss in revenue (the condition being I haven't taken into account when these companies applied for jobkeeper, therefore the comparisons of quarters to previous year quarters could show a decrease).

Jobkeeper itself was rushed legislation, no one knew what was coming during the pandemic, we could only assume based on what we saw overseas (at the time Spain and Italy where hit with high infections), however I find it inexcusable that the government made no amendments or tweaks to jobkeeper during it's course, to capture this spending of public money unnecessarily.

Meanwhile the hounding of the poor with robodebt and refusal to increase jobseeker, show that they can tighten the purse strings or send out the debt hounds when they want and it's convenient for them.
There was massive rorting of Jobkeeper, especially Jobkeeper 1.0. its always going to be difficult with a quickly formed, broadbased welfare program like this to avoid some gaming of the system. But there still should be some auditing of it, and for a company like Harvery Norman to defend corporate welfare on a such a grand scale is ridiculous.

You saw what happened with Qantas. Took the cash, then illegally sacked a bunch of people.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was massive rorting of Jobkeeper, especially Jobkeeper 1.0. its always going to be difficult with a quickly formed, broadbased welfare program like this to avoid some gaming of the system. But there still should be some auditing of it, and for a company like Harvery Norman to defend corporate welfare on a such a grand scale is ridiculous.

You saw what happened with Qantas. Took the cash, then illegally sacked a bunch of people.
If innocent disabled people are good enough to hound using a faulty algorithm with robodebt...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very weak from both major parties.
So it appears Labor were wedged on the issue by the Liberals. Labor's reasoning is that the government added this amendment to a lockdown relief bill and were going to continue to reject it. Hence Labor were going to be painted as the party responsible for rejecting relief payments during the COVID lockdowns.

Andrew Leigh was the main Labor MP who put together the evidence/collating the data for those companies who received Jobkeeper and posted profits. So it seems that this is something Labor put together and instigated, hence it wouldn't make sense that they reject it. Albo and other Labor MP's have stated they will still fight to reveal this but weren't willing to stop covid lockdown relief payments for people,

Meanwhile

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If innocent disabled people are good enough to hound using a faulty algorithm with robodebt...
Typical fucking government...

They took my security license off me because I was sick but refused to pay me the DSP and gave me job seeker. I collapsed 4 different times at the job agency they made me go to which was 10 suburbs away and that time I struggled to take more than 10 steps even with 2 walking canes.

After 3 years of this they changed me to the DSP and wouldn't even back pay me.

Lucky I am a saver and didn't lose my house.

PS like I mentioned before, take away the panic from the actor in the scare tactic ad and that was I how I was breathing for 5 years (even while not moving) waiting for the heart.

PPS I had to threaten to blow up centrelink and kill everyone in the building so they started their "investigation" into my illnesses. I just thought I'd act the same like every other bogan there to get them to listen and it fkn worked.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flops. Some of these big companies gamed the system so hard. It’s bullshit. But inevitable when you have to roll out a package like this. People just find a way and it’s ‘legal’.

Companies made 60-70% pay cuts and still make profits.