Govt Singles Out Canterbury Bankstown Area for Mandatory Drug Testing

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If stats show the Bankstown area has the highest rate of dole bludgers and drug use. How is that racism? I don’t know the stats or facts but if that’s the case then what’s the issue. Also it’s not the governments responsibility to help everyone off drugs. Where’s the personal responsibility? People aren’t forced on drugs no matter the circumstances they choose to take it and they have a choice to get off. To suggest that the government needs to always take responsibility for individual choices is absolutely ridiculous.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
In all fairness, I didn't make clear which post or posts I was referring too. I wasn't referring to the stereotyping comedy posts if it makes you feel better.

So loosen your tie a bit
Can I loosen my belt too, sweetheart? :kissingheart:

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here’s a fact for people.
It’s not just unemployed people who use drugs.

Does anyone forget about Ray Hadleys arrogant copper son who was running around doing lines of coke?

Is he unemployed and now claiming benefits?
Drug test him first.

Although I’ve heard cocaine actually cleans out of your system faster than marijuana and speed?
Because unemployed people are doing it on another persons dime, no one gives a shit about people doing drugs. Dare say 90% of the people on here have done drugs at some stage if not still do drugs. Cocaine and MDMA usually clear out within 48 hours easily, can get Coke out in about 24 hours drinking a shit load of water if your dick decides to work instead of just telling you ya need to piss and you stand at the urinal for 20 minutes asking it to work.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If stats show the Bankstown area has the highest rate of dole bludgers and drug use. How is that racism? I don’t know the stats or facts but if that’s the case then what’s the issue. Also it’s not the governments responsibility to help everyone off drugs. Where’s the personal responsibility? People aren’t forced on drugs no matter the circumstances they choose to take it and they have a choice to get off. To suggest that the government needs to always take responsibility for individual choices is absolutely ridiculous.
If the government cuts all these people off welfare rather than providing support services to help them overcome their addictions, it will only result in crime rates going through the roof and overcrowded prisons.... which helps nobody. Anyone with common sense should he show to see that. Sadly, you are lacking in that department.

Our taxes pay for prison expenses too.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Because unemployed people are doing it on another persons dime, no one gives a shit about people doing drugs. Dare say 90% of the people on here have done drugs at some stage if not still do drugs. Cocaine and MDMA usually clear out within 48 hours easily, can get Coke out in about 24 hours drinking a shit load of water if your dick decides to work instead of just telling you ya need to piss and you stand at the urinal for 20 minutes asking it to work.
Lol no one can afford cocaine on unemployment.
Not unless they're already stealing or asking for coins to dirty up your car on the corner of Parramatta road and Frederick st

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the government cuts all these people off welfare rather than providing support services to help them overcome their addictions, it will only result in crime rates going through the roof and overcrowded prisons.... which helps nobody. Anyone with common sense should he show to see that. Sadly, you are lacking in that department.

Our government has repeatedly pointed to the "success" of drug testing welfare recipients based on overseas studies. Overseas studies have repeatedly shown the positive drug tests are negligent from a statistical point of view

The policy was introduced in 2013 by the National government, which cited statistics suggesting between 10% and 20% of people on welfare benefits used drugs.

But data from NZ’s Ministry of Social Development shows that of the 47,115 people who were tested in 2017-18, only 170 recorded a positive result for drugs. That equates to 0.3% of those tested. Statistics from previous years tell a similar story: consistently less than 1% of those tested have recorded a positive test.

In 2014-15 there were 29,049 people tested for 159 failures (0.5%) while in 2013-14, 29,800 were tested. Of those people, only 121, or 0.5%, were found with drugs in their system.

We are talking about 0.3 to 0.5 % positive returns, NOT even 1%.

This is nothing but demonizing of welfare recipients, trying to paint them as "dole bludgers" who are all on drugs. Thereby further decreasing the confidence of these people and creating a sub-human category that these fat cats can stick their noses up at.

The ones who do return a positive drug test? They need help, they need the proper services in place to be helped, they dont need this kind of targetting.

Basically we have a heartless fucked up locked in their ivory towers government who don't give a shit about poor people and Only see those poor people as slaves who should serve them.

Robodebt - there are suicides of welfare recipients who've been MISTAKENLY told they owe large sums. The extra pressure of owing large sums of money driving some of these people to suicide. The official stat is 2000 suicides since robodebt was introduced but not all of theae suicidea are attributed to robodebt

With the government pushing statistics to channel 7, channel 7 reported that 70% of welfare recipients had their welfare cancelled because they were "bludgers" but completely ommitting the fact that the vast majority of that 70% were put back on welfare because of the unrealistic conditions to report back to centrelink e.g people were advising centrelink they had to take their kids to the doctor and were unable to make their centrelink appointment, upon verification from the doctor they were put back on welfare

Now this drug test shit

And let's not forget the welfare cashless card were we are further telling these people they can't be trusted with money and further eradicating their confidence and driving them into sub human categories and further enhancing depression (guess what depression plays a part in higher drug use). Nor should we forget that people on Newstart get $14,000 a year and we the tax payers will be paying Indue (The company that runs the cashless card) $10,000 per person, this is an obvious funnellingof tax payer money to the government's mates.

Oh and let's not forget work for the dole programs where it's basically SLAVE LABOUR that many companies have already taken advantage of, e.g. hungry jacks is the biggest known example of taking advantage of this and rortingwhat the system w q s intended for

It's complete bullshit and fuck this government for being complete SHIT HUMANS

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Problem is though the government can help all they want,but unless the individual is ready and willing to deal with the problem nothing will happen, I know a few 2nd generation stonner families they are fucking useless .
So what's some solutions? They fail a drug test then they have to do a drug rehabilitation program in order to keep their payments .that goes back to if they don't want to quit they won't. Then what about the person who may have fallen on hard times that likes the odd puff instead of a beer? I'm not 1 for weed but it seems it has a lot less problems than people on the piss. And will this push people to prescription drugs?
What about the piss head dole bludgers ? I bet you my left nut booze is causing more problems than street drugs but it's legal how do you monitor that .
It's a total shit fight with no easy fix and I bet you in 5 years there will still be no real solutions

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is though the government can help all they want,but unless the individual is ready and willing to deal with the problem nothing will happen, I know a few 2nd generation stonner families they are fucking useless .
So what's some solutions? They fail a drug test then they have to do a drug rehabilitation program in order to keep their payments .that goes back to if they don't want to quit they won't. Then what about the person who may have fallen on hard times that likes the odd puff instead of a beer? I'm not 1 for weed but it seems it has a lot less problems than people on the piss. And will this push people to prescription drugs?
What about the piss head dole bludgers ? I bet you my left nut booze is causing more problems than street drugs but it's legal how do you monitor that .
It's a total shit fight with no easy fix and I bet you in 5 years there will still be no real solutions
Alcohol is seen as socially acceptable.
Mind you its classed by many experts to be not far off heroin as for addiction.

Im so glad I seen the light again and decided to stop killingmyself with that poison.

Alcohol is just the disgusting matter which is produced from rotting fruit!

As Bill Hicks said theres drugs which a lot better for you than alcohol.

Also like Bill Hicks said, ive used drugs in the past and had a really good time.

Didn't rob anyone, didn't hurt anyone, didn't lose a job because I just wanted to get high etc

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Again where’s the personal responsibility all you’re doing is blaming the
Government for people’s personal choices and using sympathy to push an agenda. You don’t get to fuck your life up and others then cry and expect Shit to get better thinking some boogey man did it you or others when you the individual did it to yourself.
Also there already plenty of opportunities for addicts to get to their shit together especially people on the dole. They’re choosing not to. Don’t forget about those very important facts right there. So stop acting like the government hasn’t already got shit out there to try get these people right. You listening to too much Bernie and squad lectures lately it seems.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Again where’s the personal responsibility all you’re doing is blaming the
Government for people’s personal choices and using sympathy to push an agenda. You don’t get to fuck your life up and others then cry and expect Shit to get better thinking some boogey man did it you or others when you the individual did it to yourself.
Also there already plenty of opportunities for addicts to get to their shit together especially people on the dole. They’re choosing not to. Don’t forget about those very important facts right there. So stop acting like the government hasn’t already got shit out there to try get these people right. You listening to too much Bernie and squad lectures lately it seems.
Don't want to sound like I'm blaming the government.
But they are the puppets who bowed down to the DuPonts,Morgans,Goldman Sachs etc and declared marijuana public enemy number 1.

The Americans used to say stay away from the devils lettuce it will turn you into a lazy Mexican!

Thats where the stereotype of being too stoned and lazy to work came from.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol no one can afford cocaine on unemployment.
Not unless they're already stealing or asking for coins to dirty up your car on the corner of Parramatta road and Frederick st
When did I say they where doing cocaine? lol.

Banned
Reaction score
Start with that git Jason Claire, the Federal member for Blaxland, ie Bankstown area!
Test him daily.