News GOULD SET TO KEEP FAITH IN BULLDOGS OUTCAST

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not anymore, Gould wears the boots and kicks the bums.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If they keep Flanno hopefully he grows up and takes responsibility for his situation, stops bitching and improves and becomes a man and steps out of his dad's shadow.

Master the basics, engage the line and play heads up footy.

Really most halves in the comp are average and if Flanno can take his Roosters level play to the next level that is pretty good.

He has been super shit this year but has a chance to play with a good dogs team next year.

He only needs to support Burto so I don't see why he can't do that if he stops having a sook about things and mans up.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The kid has a bad attitude of entitlement. It’s why he got his manager involved in talks with Barrett and the club after he got dropped. Ever since then it seems to me he’s been on the nose with Barrett. Can’t see a future for him at the club unless Gus had a soft spot for him.
Maybe gus' soft spot stems from the fact that he and Flanagan share the same manager... Hmmm

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
if Avo is picked again at 7 for the rest of the year, then i feel like no one else at the club right now will get a chance outside Avo in 22. Would have to be a new signing. I think Barrett thinks he can turn him into a Jahrome Hughes (lol).
Jake and Jahrome are very similar, you can laugh but having seen Hughes very early in his career then I think it's a fair comparison. Hughes wouldn't be as effective in our system though so I doubt Baz is trying to mould him into that type of player even though I think he should and scrap the whole system all together.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If this is true then Gould has had too many head knocks and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what is flanno's excuse being shafted out of the Roosters behind a very good forward pack.
Flanno did quite well at the Roosters from all accounts....you could always ask Trent Robinson why he chose to shaft him.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says rarely, the examples you gave are those rare ones.
>"However playmakers rarely find their feet in the NRL until their mid-20s"
"Find their feet" means "stand up and become able to walk", i.e basic fundamentals. I'm not expecting Flannel to be the next Turvey but every HB in the NRL should already have the fundamentals when they play first grade. Flannel doesn't even have that, he can't read the play, can't run the ball and his decision making is sh#te. He's essentially no better than a park footballer trying to be a HB, as is Lewis and Wakeham.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is flanno's excuse being shafted out of the Roosters behind a very good forward pack.
Good point. He doesn't have any. He was surrounded by a star studded forward pack and backline and still couldn't deliver.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno did quite well at the Roosters from all accounts....you could always ask Trent Robinson why he chose to shaft him.
No he didn't. He was spoon fed by Cronk, was carried by Keary for most of the year and when Keary got injured Flannel couldn't deliver even when playing behind a star forward pack and surrounded by a superstar backline. That's why the Chooks got rid of him and if you check my posts on TK months ago when we signed Flannel I said exactly that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but I'm glad he's staying ... I don't want us to be the roosters using and abusing players. The Bulldogs use to make ordinary players better, it's time we make that happen again.
100 percent. Barrett put the weight of the world on his shoulders.... I don’t mind us keeping him around at all. Still wouldn’t mind signing a benji type poster in case he doesn’t work out.... if Flano Gomes good he’d still offer a lot of experience off the bench:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I can already tell BBO's better than Flanagan from 4 low minute bench games...
BBO gas not started a single game, h
As predominantly been played at hooker and has not had to deal with the pressure of running the side. I’d rather leave calls like this to experts such as the bloke we hired to run our footy department. If Gus really does feel Flanagan could coke good, we should trust his judgment. The man knows his shit.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well we have him for 2 more years and Lewis is going Averillo isn’t up to it so it’s going to be Flanagan and BBO to fight it out.
BBO will destroy Flanagan.
BBO has not even had a chance to play halfback, or start a game in first grade yet. What makes you think you are in a good position to make that call? I think BBO has a good shot at the hooking role personally. Either that, or bench utility for one more year to build experience..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me or is this article just another hack job…no quotes from anyone but ‘according to’ and ‘reportedly’ - it’s no different to New Idea and ‘a friend says’, ‘a source confirmed’. Sheesh. Wait and see…

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Just a ploy by Gould to try and get the best out of Flanagan and send a message to the whole squad that he has faith in them. When it comes down to it hel unload Flanagan in a heartbeat

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me or is this article just another hack job…no quotes from anyone but ‘according to’ and ‘reportedly’ - it’s no different to New Idea and ‘a friend says’, ‘a source confirmed’. Sheesh. Wait and see…
That's what I eluded too at the start are there any quotes specifically i doubt it, may be just a regurgitated or snipped story from when he chatted to the players on zoom...which we know was a bit of spin anyway.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That's what I eluded too at the start are there any quotes specifically i doubt it, may be just a regurgitated or snipped story from when he chatted to the players on zoom...which we know was a bit of spin anyway.
Didn’t see that sorry mate, was late to the thread but yeah totally agree.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No he didn't. He was spoon fed by Cronk, was carried by Keary for most of the year and when Keary got injured Flannel couldn't deliver even when playing behind a star forward pack and surrounded by a superstar backline. That's why the Chooks got rid of him and if you check my posts on TK months ago when we signed Flannel I said exactly that.
Exactly right.... all the partners we paired him up with were and are way below NRL standard, they lent heavily on him and the kid crumbled playing behind a soft cock pack of forwards. Rugby League has always been a team sport not an individual one. Even without the correct support systems in place Burton will struggle. As a matter of fact any half would!!!

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We must pick up Mitchell Pearce even flano stays.