Gould responds to Josh Reynolds reunion 'rumour'

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it's good enough for liverpool fc to bring back jay spearing to play and mentor the u23s then josh Reynolds coming back to the bulldogs to inspire our nsw cup players is a master-stroke

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...k/news-story/36b2bdf03dce48e85a331ba39fbed999

Josh Reynolds has declared he would “100 per cent love to” finish his playing career at Canterbury, but added he hadn’t been offered a deal at this stage.

One of the Bulldogs favourites sons, the 33-year-old made his NRL debut with the Dogs in 2011 and spent seven seasons at Belmore.

He played in the 2012 and 2014 grand finals for the club before moving to the UK in 2021 to play with Hull F.C.

Reynolds will return from the UK next week and admitted he was surprised when reports emerged last week that he was poised for a swan song season with the Dogs in 2023.

“I love the club but at the same time I’m not sure if Gus (general manager Phil Gould) has those plans but if that doesn’t work itself out, I’d still love to be at the club in some capacity,’’ Reynolds told The Big Sports Breakfast.

“I was actually in the gym and my phone just started going off. Notifications from my Twitter and stuff and I thought what the hell is going on.

“There were articles galore and people congratulating me and I’m getting free coffees again at Belmore — and I’m gonna take them — but it was just mental to be honest.

“I was actually a bit disappointed because it actually looks like I’ve said something but it clearly hasn’t come from me.

“But look I’ll put it out there — I would 100 per cent love to go there. I’ve always said that I’d love to finish (my career) there.

“I’m coming back in the next week or so and I’m going to start having all those chats but last week was a bit of a whirlwind and it was nice to get some nice messages from people saying they’d love me back there so we’ll see how we go.”

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love your enthusiasm Josh, but anything apart from a NSW Cup spot (& that's pushing it) is a no.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...k/news-story/36b2bdf03dce48e85a331ba39fbed999

Josh Reynolds has declared he would “100 per cent love to” finish his playing career at Canterbury, but added he hadn’t been offered a deal at this stage.

One of the Bulldogs favourites sons, the 33-year-old made his NRL debut with the Dogs in 2011 and spent seven seasons at Belmore.

He played in the 2012 and 2014 grand finals for the club before moving to the UK in 2021 to play with Hull F.C.

Reynolds will return from the UK next week and admitted he was surprised when reports emerged last week that he was poised for a swan song season with the Dogs in 2023.

“I love the club but at the same time I’m not sure if Gus (general manager Phil Gould) has those plans but if that doesn’t work itself out, I’d still love to be at the club in some capacity,’’ Reynolds told The Big Sports Breakfast.

“I was actually in the gym and my phone just started going off. Notifications from my Twitter and stuff and I thought what the hell is going on.

“There were articles galore and people congratulating me and I’m getting free coffees again at Belmore — and I’m gonna take them — but it was just mental to be honest.

“I was actually a bit disappointed because it actually looks like I’ve said something but it clearly hasn’t come from me.

“But look I’ll put it out there — I would 100 per cent love to go there. I’ve always said that I’d love to finish (my career) there.

“I’m coming back in the next week or so and I’m going to start having all those chats but last week was a bit of a whirlwind and it was nice to get some nice messages from people saying they’d love me back there so we’ll see how we go.”

Just give him the Steve Turner role. Gets to do some internal media and hang out with the boys at training and on game days.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sentimental reasons alone should not warrant a contract. The bloke has been injured since he left. He has played 47 games since 2018…he would struggle to stay fit for NSW cup.