Good luck to Brett Kenny in his cancer battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hope not. Thoughts and prayers with him and his family. Fucking cancer. Need to find a cure for this shit.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee he was a fantastic player..some of the things he did on the footy field was just sheer natural brilliance.. I hope he can bamboozle cancer like he bamboozled many defences during the 80s..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parramatta Eels great Brett Kenny diagnosed with lymphoma cancer

Parramatta Eels rugby league great Brett Kenny will undergo chemotherapy next week after being diagnosed with cancer.

The 56-year-old underwent scans recently which showed Kenny has lymphoma cancer.

It’s yet another blow for the Kenny family. His stepson, Riley Hilditch is in a wheelchair after shattering his C5 vertebrae when he landed headfirst in a creek at Chittaway Bay on the NSW Central Coast earlier this year.

Kenny and his wife Suzanne held a benefit night for Riley last week, already aware he had been diagnosed with cancer days earlier.

According to friends, Kenny is still undergoing testing and the full extent of the cancer is not yet known.

Kenny played 265 first-grade games for the Eels across 14 seasons, having made his debut in 1980.

He was part of the Eels team — alongside the likes of Peter Sterling, Michael Cronin and Ray Price — that won four premierships in the 1980s.

A prolifically talented five-eighth and centre, Kenny represented NSW at Origin level on 17 occasions and also played 17 Tests for Australia.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r/news-story/ab8443a8afabeda2537547a31be84751

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cancer is such a shit of a disease. One day I am hopeful they will find a cure or at the very least a more efficient and friendly way to treat it, giving quality and quantity.

My hubby is doing well after his brush with cancer ( had his first check up after surgery and chemo and got the ' all clear" last week with a further check of many to come in just under six months) and we wish Brett Kenny all the best in his fight.

Such a super player in his hey day I am sure he will give the same sort of effort in this battle as he did on the footy field.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cancer is literally the worst thing to ever happen
I think MND beats cancer for being literally the worst thing to ever happen.

At least you can beat cancer, MND is a certain death sentence.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Spot on Kaz.

Neither are good to be honest. Treatment available for MND but no cure and life expectancy after diagnosis of 2-5 years of gradual muscle wastage. Whichever way and depending on the type of cancer both painful and dignity robbing.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck cancer. I hope Brett Kenny beats it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It depends on what type of cancer you get in terms of recovery.

I know a guy who has MND and it is just so tough..I had a great friend who died of Asbestosis..both have/had been dealt a shit deal..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Spot on Kaz.

Neither are good to be honest. Treatment available for MND but no cure and life expectancy after diagnosis of 2-5 years of gradual muscle wastage. Whichever way and depending on the type of cancer both painful and dignity robbing.
Both demeaning and cruel..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sending my best wishes to Brett and his loved ones and wishing him all the very best, he was a kick arse player so hopefully he can kick the arse of this cancer too.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck Bert.
I hope you kick cancers ass.
I also hope your team loses every game for the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.