Golden Try, not Golden Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
They should also put the Golden try for the City vs Country origin match. In 2008 it was a draw at 12 all and there was no golden point. Since City won the previous year the retained the trophy.

I know most people don't care about this match but I would still like to have golden try or point in City vs Country.
Meh, they should get rid of it all together.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
My thoughts about penalty goals in extra are this. If the penalty was for a breach of the rules, ie, off-side, a penalty is given without the team being able to take a shot for goal. But what if the penalty given was for foul play..... or a professional foul. There would have to be compensation to the team fouled other than just kicking for field position. In these cases, a shot for goal would have to be given to win the game, or the offending player be automatically SinBin'ed for the rest of the extra time.
While I am a fan of Golden Try, there must be an advantage to the team that is the victim of foul play.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about.... If penalty goals can't win it then why would any captain in the right mind elect to take a penalty goal...

It's about as stupid as taking a shot for goal when your 6 behind with 30 seconds to go.
The clock runs for 90 seconds while your kicking a goal so it eats up time.

I never said it would happen, but it is a possibility and I would never support a system were as unlikely as it is you can still score more points and loose.

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like the try idea but maybe reduce the players to 12 in the 1st half and 11 in the second

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Scrap the whole thing. It's ****.

Toyntman

Monstered Him
Reaction score
**** that ****, I reckon golden try is the go. And it can go for 20 minutes, 10 minute halves, and whoever has any points will win the game, ie, field goals and penalty goals. If the scores are tied, draw!

Status
Not open for further replies.