Golden Point Grand Final/Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
do you like that situation? its very dramatic but the field goal shootout to decide the season is rude

potentially a team could win the coin toss, get the first possession then score on their first attempt with the ball and the win could be because they won the coin toss (although the defence should be able to prevent a field goal from a kickoff)

not to mention the chaos seen when teams arent called for offside trying to charge down the field goal which is season defining non calls etc

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like golden point. It's so bloody intense. But I know a lot of others don't.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if it was a replay, the following weekend, like the AFL a few years back....

~cb.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Id rather no GF and just play home and away.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Imagine if it was a replay, the following weekend, like the AFL a few years back....

~cb.
actually that would be excellent, if they could draw about 20 times then we would have no offseason

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
better team lost to be honest.

after all the possession and no points to show for , Broncos deserved to win for 79 minutes.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez I really dislike Bennett Boyd hodges

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
GF should not go to golden point.

this proves both teams deserved to win.

game should ve ended in a draw with both team sharing the shield.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score

after all the possession and no points to show for , Broncos deserved to win for 79 minutes.
No way their tactics were insulting they should've kept using milford instead of kicking it dead every set that's Bennetts fault

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Really? Brisbane's second try was pure luck. And it's debatable if he raked it. (I think he did)

Brisbane shut up shop towards the end. Why was the guy who knocked on (earned himself a new name for like the poor ****) kicking into touch? I was even saying at the time. Try for a repeat set or make the Cowboys burn 1/2 tackles hitting it up. Very negative tactics.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
do you like that situation? its very dramatic but the field goal shootout to decide the season is rude

potentially a team could win the coin toss, get the first possession then score on their first attempt with the ball and the win could be because they won the coin toss (although the defence should be able to prevent a field goal from a kickoff)

not to mention the chaos seen when teams arent called for offside trying to charge down the field goal which is season defining non calls etc
Ive always been of the opinion that if a team gets one point behind in golden point, that they deserve a right of reply once they touch the ball. Meaning they have to score there next/last set, this could stop short kick offs and allow the scoring team to still work for a field position set to put in a solid defensive effort to shut out the game, if that makes sense.
Either that or golden try. Don't really like the current system.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? Brisbane's second try was pure luck. And it's debatable if he raked it. (I think he did)

Brisbane shut up shop towards the end. Why was the guy who knocked on (earned himself a new name for like the poor ****) kicking into touch? I was even saying at the time. Try for a repeat set or make the Cowboys burn 1/2 tackles hitting it up. Very negative tactics.

not sure mate, but cows had ample opportunities to win, butchered three trys, the possession cowboys had in second half they should ve won two games.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

and the last brisbane set in possession, wasting time and playing slow

there is some weird phenomenon in rugby league, like if you go for a field goal with plenty of time to go then it is a curse especially if you miss (2004 gf, el masri sideline kick 2002, other times i cant remember, etc)

another one of them is a curse on all teams that slow down in possession winding down the clock with more than a minute to go, it seems to me like if you do that then the other team will always win

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like 10 mins each way for a GF I know the players are stuffed after 80
But it seams a shitty way to decide, but I am glad how it panned out

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Ive always been of the opinion that if a team gets one point behind in golden point, that they deserve a right of reply once they touch the ball. Meaning they have to score there next/last set, this could stop short kick offs and allow the scoring team to still work for a field position set to put in a solid defensive effort to shut out the game, if that makes sense.
Either that or golden try. Don't really like the current system.
yeah i think that the NFL have done that thing for their overtimes, i remember last year against manly that brett stewart had a shot at field goal and it was terrifying because we wouldnt have any reply, thats probably why they also took away golden goal at the world cups, too many heart attacks

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would have been even sweater if it had of been the roosters losing

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matt Chechen said it should be decided in Golden Shower

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not sure mate, but cows had ample opportunities to win, butchered three trys, the possession cowboys had in second half they should ve won two games.
That Nek Minit needs to suck Thurston's dick, IMO. Fuct a clear cut try. That gap was bigger than Kum Kuntrashian's moot.

and the last brisbane set in possession, wasting time and playing slow

another one of them is a curse on all teams that slow
I know! Milford was the only one with brains and went for an actual run. Brisbane choked harder than Paris Hilton on her knees.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The filthy Broncos don't ever deserve to win ever again. So sick of hearing about their master coach and how they're so successful when they had 7, i repeat 7 ORIGIN stars in their 2000 - 2006 squad. F*cking ridiculous, not to mention they pushed Barba to break his contract with us and then when we do let him go they refused to give us Hoffman, absolute **** of a club

Status
Not open for further replies.