God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL SHAPED is not killed!!! religion as its written is all peace and harmony its people who screw it up, its people who pick up weapons and kill and its people who use it for gain.... When was the last time you heard of Koran, Bible or Torah pick up a gun and shoot someone????
Many of times , even with a nail gun although maybe im getting it confused with American physco as i have that and the Bible on my bedside table

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not really. You only think Religion is all peace and harmony because that is what you want to believe.
Buddy that is precisely what is written how you interpret that depends on so many things socio economic, environment culture, lifestyle etc. People use and abuse there religion absolutely None call on you to be violent for no reason

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Man creates religion. The sheep follow.
You praise the mind that invented in the aeroplane but forget about the mind that invented the mind.

Religion is source of freedom of the slavery of your own fears people mistreat what is bigger and better than them the way we treat earth is a great example

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Next year all our Sunday games should be played in Salt Lake City Utah, with the time difference it will be Saturday and Hoppa can play and the Perrets will also be sorted.
Can you imagine how many memberships could be sold if we used the door knocking resources and became the Morman Family club ! Raelene and Des need to get onto this.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Obviously you have no belief in anything or anyone religion if you believe in it or in fact believe in anything you would realize there is so much more to life than playing in the NRL. When have so little to believe in your mind and world become a whole lot smaller and you fail to see things above your eyeline. When players take time off for Drinking, Gambling or personal issues we APPLAUD there strength to take a stand yet the fact is most of these issues would not exist with a support system in place whether that be spiritually or not. Simple fact to that matter is Hazem was an example for ALL of us and you couldn't find a more RELIGIOUS person in the NRL didnt miss 1 ramadan and continued to train snd plsy through the whole month it speaks volumes when religion is what drove and balanced Hazem yet you all attack it as if its the issue if only we were all like Hazem
I agree that Hazem was a great example and a great Bulldog. But there have been many great religious NRL players, Hazem stood out because he was Muslim not because he was religious

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree that Hazem was a great example and a great Bulldog. But there have been many great religious NRL players, Hazem stood out because he was Muslim not because he was religious
Was a combo of both anyone who is training and playing full time in Ramadan taking in no water and no food from dusk till dawn in searing heat I would consider very religious and committed. Hazem stood out because everyone admired him for some many reasons being Muslim Is what made him who is is and was

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was a combo of both anyone who is training and playing full time in Ramadan taking in no water and no food from dusk till dawn in searing heat I would consider very religious and committed. Hazem stood out because everyone admired him for some many reasons being Muslim Is what made him who is is and was
I agree brother, just saying that there have been and are currently many great religious players. I don't think they are any less or more religious then Hazem

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to distract from the whole religion debate, but does anyone think that the Dogs will campaign the NRL not to schedule us on a Sunday in the last 6 rounds? Will Todd do us any favours?

I think Chanel 9 and Fox will be making the decisions as per usual with all things NRL.
I doubt the words "William Hopoate" will even be mentioned when Ch9 decides which games it wants to broadcast. He's only important to us, to the other 15 clubs, the NRL and the broadcasters, he's just another player.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of course bro look at RFM devout and won't even let his GF come over because they aren't married it's a breath of fresh air. Perrett is an awesome bloke and is devout Mormon TBH so is hoppa would be hard to find nicer and more genuine people that's what happens when religion is used for its purpose

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
You praise the mind that invented in the aeroplane but forget about the mind that invented the mind.

Religion is source of freedom of the slavery of your own fears people mistreat what is bigger and better than them the way we treat earth is a great example
Yes sir
Yes sir
3 bags full

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything that "can't" be questioned, should be!
I'm happy to answer any questions regarding Christianity so long i am afforded the same respect of asking questions regarding your faith (we all have faith in something), and/or your disregard for my religion.

Questions, answers and statements should remain objective and non abusive.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I'm happy to answer any questions regarding Christianity so long i am afforded the same respect of asking questions regarding your faith (we all have faith in something), and/or your disregard for my religion.

Questions, answers and statements should remain objective and non abusive.
challenge accepted....

Back in the BC times, a man spoke to a burning bush and that was an event that now defines the world.

Fast forward now to 2016, a man speaks to a burning bush and gets sent to a mental asylum.

Both think they're talking to God. both claim it is a miracle.

Explain to me the difference, please.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
challenge accepted....

Back in the BC times, a man spoke to a burning bush and that was an event that now defines the world.

Fast forward now to 2016, a man speaks to a burning bush and gets sent to a mental asylum.

Prophets had ways to show they were amongst God's chosen creations. Things like performing miracles without the use of "magic", coming from family tree of Abraham and his sons, and one defining feature was the ability to become literate overnight when once they were illiterate plus other numerous things I believe.

Also some of the doctrine they were given if looked at and then compared to the man spreading it would make you think he was not capable of making that up himself. God sent the last of his Prophets before our time and ones who have come up claiming to be ones haven't been able to perform miracles or display the things I have mentioned.

It might sound like nonsense and gibberish to some but to some of us it is how our history and our scripture put it.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
challenge accepted....

Please show me the evidence of the man who recently got sent to an asylym for speaking to a burning bush....... did he also have God reveal his very nature to him through the 10 commandments written on stone, did he also bring about 10 miraculous plagues to the city holding his people captive, did he also have God part a great sea for him?

Here's my question. ... what is it that you don't like about God as revealed through the bible?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
challenge accepted....

You've got to be violent and a danger to yourself to be sent to an asylum. Talking to yourself will only get you weird looks these days.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's my question. ... what is it that you don't like about God as revealed through the bible?
So you seriously believe jesus walked on water, was killed and resurrected, moses parted the red sea, the entire world is inbred and insert thousands of other (how can i be polite here) uum "stories" in the bible are true?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi all, this thread is about Will, his decision not to play on Sundays and how the club handled it.

It looks like its turned into a debate about whether religion exists or not. If you want to have that debate pls create a thread in the lounge to discuss otherwise please keep to the topic.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

so much sense
I like this guy, he's got a good scence of humor.

He does however come to all his conclusions from an assumption that God is a myth or fairy tale.

Equations based on assumptions are very dangerous.

The is a ton of evidence to suggest God exists, yet no one has ever come close to proving that He does not exist.

You go through every statement he makes in that film knowing that the evidence points to there being a God (and there is absolutely no evidence to God being a fairy tale) and all of a sudden his intelligent well thought out critiques sound foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.