Goal posts stolen

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dudley Newcastle, someone stole the goal posts from the juniors park, nothing is sacred.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6099516/thieves-steal-footy-posts-from-dudley/

Heartless thieves have stolen rugby league posts from a field at Dudley.

"It leaves a sour taste in my mouth," Dudley Redhead Junior Rugby League Football Club's George Hickey said.

"I was so annoyed that someone would pinch something that's devoted to six- and seven-year-old kids."

George said it was a "special little mini-field".

"Everything was made to scale. We put seats there for the parents and grandparents to sit along the fence, close to the game. It's all volunteer work. We scrounge around and get grants where we can."

He said the thieves took the posts from one end of the field.

"I made them out of water pipe, so they'd be heavy," he said.

He speculated that the posts were pinched for use in a backyard.

"From my way of thinking, a parent would have to be involved because the posts are heavy. They would have needed a ute to move them," he said. "They're all one piece, 2.2 metres across and three metres high. It's a big thing to carry away."

He wondered whether the theft was linked to school holidays because the scoreboard power box was damaged at the same time.

"Someone will know something. It's not a big money thing. It cost me about $100 to make another set of posts. It's the principle of it," he said.

"For some lowlife to pinch them - it's ridiculous. I've been there [at the club] about 25 years. It's the first time I've had anything pinched or damaged."

He said volunteers do a lot at the ground.

"We're trying to make it the best in Newcastle," he said.

George has made a new set of posts. Regardless, the club wants the stolen posts back.

"If anyone wants to bring them back, we won't press charges. It's just the thought that someone would do it. I'd hate to think this will keep going," he said.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What a shitty thing for someone to do. Some people just have zero morales.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Must be another club that took it you can’t hide that shit.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On a side note that field is in pristine condition. The SCG and Brookvale could learn a thing or two from whoever is treating that lawn. lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Must be another club that took it you can’t hide that shit.
Maybe a backyard in an acreage? haha

That's where I'd have them if I planned to use them and had land.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
On a side note that field is in pristine condition. The SCG and Brookvale could learn a thing or two from whoever is treating that lawn. lol
I used to work at the SCG.
Probably the finest turf I've ever walked on?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol true that

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I used to work at the SCG.
Probably the finest turf I've ever walked on?
Doesn't look fine to me.

Fair enough it's probably legit for Cricket, but for NRL standards it looks like the players are playing on concrete.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't look fine to me.

Fair enough it's probably legit for Cricket, but for NRL standards it looks like the players are playing on concrete.
The turf of the SCG in 2014 was like a trampoline mat.
Very comfortable to walk on.