Give It Up For Ben Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding last night.

Apart from Ennis, he was our most dangerous attacking weapon. He will only get better.

His kicking game is also getting alot better.
Absolutely. 100% agree.

Top game, Benny!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was quite good. His runs were brilliant and put in a few great kicks, especially that 40/20.

I was disappointed that he resorted to two or three mid field bombs and they went nowhere but other than that he was very good again and like we keep saying, he is a very dangerous player who is thriving not being a playmaker with Noddy and Mick there.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
Completely agree with everybody, he has improved dramatically with Mick and Noddy. His confidence has gone up a completely new level! I'm so proud that he has turned his life around, and it can only get better from here. On ya Ben!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
LOL @ all the people who said Holdsworth should be picked ahead of Roberts.

You people clearly have no idea about football.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ben Roberts isn't the finisproduct yet but he is improving. Maybe his decision to give up alcohol has really helped.

TAHU

Captain
Reaction score
Great game by Benny again yesterday. Provided great ball to morris and goodwin. Goodwin speed disappointed me.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Great game by Benny again yesterday. Provided great ball to morris and goodwin. Goodwin speed disappointed me.
He had cramp, he went off after that run! according to Dymock Goodwin is our quickest back over 100 meters!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had cramp, he went off after that run! according to Dymock Goodwin is our quickest back over 100 meters!
What the? I thought Morris would have been. Morris is easily one of the fastest men/schoolboy in League.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you that Idris is quicker then both of them, and trust me I would know;)

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts has been great since he gave up the drink!....sign him for a couple more years

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
He was the first to catch up with the Sharks winger last week .. i was suprised at how quick he was! After hearing everyone on here talk about how slow he was ...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wouldn't quickest over 100 suggest a 100m sprint, from a standstill?

i really don't know why we should trust howsie, wtf is he?
Ye it would

Morris would leave him for dead in the first 20 at the very least and i dont think Idris can bridge a 20m gap.

We shouldn't but we do know Idris is a very quick player

I remember when SBW was our quickest over 40m lol said a lot about how slow our backline was

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due.

Roberts is much maligned by many of you guys on here. Alot of the criticisms are fair but also alot of people had written him off.

Myself and a few others have always maintained that when not relied upon as a playmaker and when allowed to play his natural running game he can be an extremely dangerous and good player.

Obviously consistency is always an issue for Roberts and I'm not saying that after today he will continue on with that form. But I am saying credit where credit is due.

He was easily one of our best today, he created a tonne of opportunities, took the line on and always was an attacking threat and put in some nice kicks also.

Lets hope he can continue that form.
I partook in a fair bit of Ben Roberts bashing in the day, that's mainly because he was at No. 7 and he isn't a great halfback.

However .. Ben Roberts is definitely my No. 6 for 2009 and i'll stick by that.

He was good alongside shifty and will be with noddy.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Always supported Benny Roberts tbh....

Had no f*cking clue why Folkes moved him from 5/8 to halfback just to make Holdsworth look better last year and was okay in 2007 alongside Sherwin.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score

Had no f*cking clue why Folkes moved him from 5/8 to halfback just to make Holdsworth look better last year and was okay in 2007 alongside Sherwin.
alongside a good halfback who can direct the team, i'll support him

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score

This was the point Benny's critics were making - as halfback he was not the answer. 5/8 he struggled a little without a solid HB next to him. Give him a decent HB and he shines in his natural game.

Status
Not open for further replies.