Give It Up For Ben Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
one thing about ben roberts is that he's a strong motherf$@$%!. He's also very quick off the mark, solid in defense. He is terrible at reading the game. He is exploited badly when he's playing with a shyte half like DJ... but kimmorley takes on the most of the directional and playmaking work and there's seems to be less pressure on roberts. he sort of plays like an extra centre. I rate him when he takes on the line.... I'd prefer taumata but roberts is in that mould.
A couple of good points there.

His footwork and speed off the mark are his best assets. He can really have the opposition guessing when he employs his running game.

I still think he best position is centre. A lot of times I notice that on an attacking raid, he is playing one in from the centre position, so he is already floating around in that position anyways (did he score that try v. Penrith standing in that same position?).

BK does all the organisational play - aided by Ennis.

Kudos to Roberts, he played well today. I hope he can stay consistant, as I believe that is one of his biggest hurdles to overcome.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He definately stepped up today

looked very dangerous running at the line

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wat u didnt rate grimaldi...you gotta be jokin right......
nope not joking... i don't know any other person apart from one-eyed doggy fans that think he was good. whilst he had heart, bottom line is the guy was a liability in defense, and a pop gun in attack

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
He put Ryan into a hole to set up the Morris try (like last week against the Titans) and looked dangerous on the fringes.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wargburton needs to be dropped immediately!!! there seems to be a strange coaches pet complex at the dogs... and warburton appears to be the 2009 coaches pet (past coaches pets include grimaldi - that guy had zero talent and also, Trent Cutler last year). Warburton could have a complete shocker and not get dropped... Armit is doing fine in fg but not warburton
No he shouldnt be dropped, His solid in defence part of the reason that we kept manly and the sharkies down to 12 points, Moore knows what his doing, I to was calling for his head untill this season.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is one player that can take on the line and straighten our attack, which we really need.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Roberts seems to be settling in nicely alongside noddy and should stick with him at 5/8. Has an explosive running game which continuosly threatens the opposition defencive line and a nice boot. Passing game a little off the mark but does know how to put his outsiders into space. Great game against the sharks.

G

Gladiator.

Wargburton needs to be dropped immediately!!! there seems to be a strange coaches pet complex at the dogs... and warburton appears to be the 2009 coaches pet (past coaches pets include grimaldi - that guy had zero talent and also, Trent Cutler last year). Warburton could have a complete shocker and not get dropped... Armit is doing fine in fg but not warburton
all credibility lost

stfu gtfo

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
agreed mate...he definately played really well hopefully he can keep up the good work

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he played better than usual, but HARDLY one of our best.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well he doesnt need to be the best in a team full of talent...he plays very well which is all we as fans can ask of him....except to score 10 unanswered tries, one after the other haha

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That shows how clueless you really are, You are the niffnuff of all niffnuffs, Delete your kennel account, You should be banned for that comment on its own.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That shows how clueless you really are, You are the niffnuff of all niffnuffs, Delete your kennel account, You should be banned for that comment on its own.
I agree. Badmouthing Grimaldi and not realising how good or important he was is absolute sacrilege.

-313-

This post has got to be a bait or a gee up, cause nobody could be that clueless

SuperDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
The guy is a human brain explosion. He's only in the team becauseth there is no one else to play 5/8th.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roberts best assest is that he keeps the defenders guessing. He has the ability to break the line and isn't afraid to run the ball, which keeps the defenders in two minds about whether to come in and opens up opportunities for those outside of him. I remember when Ricky Stuart played for us he would never run the ball and defenders knew that they just had to shift and wait for him to pass the ball.
At the moment Roberts is ahead of Barba in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.