Give It Up For Agro

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly, how good was Warburton in defense last night?

He doesn't do much with the ball, but in defense he gets through a mountain of work and is very, very sound in that department.

I don't know how many tackles he actually made but I'm sure it was a staggering amount.

He has been good in defense the last few times he played and he is answering his critics (including myself) who questioned why he was in the team and what Folkes saw in him.

With more performances like that he will quickly become a fan favourite and we have sorely missed a workmanlike backrower who just does the dirty work since the Lobster (Grimaldi) left.

Hopefully Warburton can be that sort of player for us. When thinking about it futher though, Daniel Harrison is the same type of player, but more skills and offers alot more in attack.

But all of that will come later and shouldn't detract from Agro's great effort and performance last night. Well done champ!

K

kennyy

He is under-rated hard, i love the bloke

if he had tats and was Waa'arburton he'd get the wraps he deserves..

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I have been a fan of this fella. I don't get why everyone attacks him. They're happy to give Ben Barba time but when it came to Warburton, he was supposedly meant to be on the scrap heap.
I agree with you Ben, Warburton will be a Grimaldi type of player. You don't win premiereships without these work horses.

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
Great player who will have a blinder next season I think. Awesome effort last night!

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hqad a good game.i noticed charlie did less tackling and more hit ups.a really good balance there and i would put warb ahead of koups for that display.warb and ryan didnt have to hit up with our props making yards.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He doesn't do much with the ball, but in defense he gets through a mountain of work and is very, very sound in that department.

I don't know how many tackles he actually made but I'm sure it was a staggering amount.

He has been good in defense the last few times he played and he is answering his critics (including myself) who questioned why he was in the team and what Folkes saw in him.

With more performances like that he will quickly become a fan favourite and we have sorely missed a workmanlike backrower who just does the dirty work since the Lobster (Grimaldi) left.

Hopefully Warburton can be that sort of player for us. When thinking about it futher though, Daniel Harrison is the same type of player, but more skills and offers alot more in attack.

But all of that will come later and shouldn't detract from Agro's great effort and performance last night. Well done champ!
yea but he gave too many penalties

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is under-rated hard, i love the bloke

if he had tats and was Waa'arburton he'd get the wraps he deserves..
:roflol:

Great call. You are probably right. I think fans now get excited about a young Polynesian because of their physical attributes and raw talent when substance is something that isn't taken into account. Only hype and presumptions alot of the time is.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Its true but bro!!! Because he is white and doesnt carry the ball with one hand he doesnt get the wraps he deserves
I know man, the term poly goggles comes to mind. And it's why i talked about Ben Barba, even though he aint poly, everyone thinks he's the messiah this club needs. People forget its not attacking which is our problem, it's defence!

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
He's a player that plays the game with heart and passion, not just for the $ factor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I think he made 30 tackles. Yer its the best game ive seen him play normally i dont notice him much but he is very good in defense & if he was playing in a top 4 side he would probably be getting noticed alot more.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his defense workrate was a good fit with the bigger boys hickey,leaneo,and armit going fwd.its the coachs job to sort out any attitude players and after the sbw factor im pretty sure no player is above the law now...and about time.

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After watching him closely last night I went to add him to my GB fantasy football team ...

NRL Stats E HU MT OL PA TA PT
Warburton 0 8 2 0 1 40 0

Bugger me, he is not listed in the top 25 of the Bulldogs squad.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe so, but I like to think there are still players coming through with club loyalty. :grinning:
Sounds like Kite and Idris are two of those kids right there having knocked back more money from other clubs because they like the place and have some passion for the club. It is refreshing to hear, especially when it comes from a couple of kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.